PDA

View Full Version : stock shocks?

chris450R
06-10-2004, 01:48 PM
does anyone know how much it is to get the stock shocks revalved? any help would be appreciated.

thanks, chris

oh and also i adjusted them myself like someone posted on here.
i moved the springs all the way up leaving 2 threads showing, all the way around.
then i adjusted the compression and rebound to completely hard and then backed them off about half a turn on front and a whole turn on rear. i would have to say on the track they work a whole lot better. it also sets about an inch lower.

and just for anyone who is wondering i weight about 215, i took that into consideration when i went by the persons post on how to adjust the shocks.

trout
06-10-2004, 02:33 PM
I did the same thing you just said, but left three threads all around and full hard and backed off 1/4 turn up front and full turn in the rear, it really does make a big difference.

I weigh 180-185 depending on the day, HA!

I jus tthink the stock suspension is wonderful I know I keep posting that but it really is that good for me.

trout;)

chris450R
06-10-2004, 02:38 PM
yeah i hear you ya trout. the stock suspension really is the best stock suspension offered, other than the yfz's but i haven't ridden one so...

oh and i won't be 215 for long, i am on a diet to get my weight down for racing. i just get way too tired right now so i might have to adjust my shocks again soon.

dreth
06-10-2004, 02:58 PM
yes colby at c&d racing has a kit to respring and revalve the R . his opinion is 8 on a 1 to 10 scale of improvement it makes. you should email him for a price. it is like 500$ or close.

dreth
06-10-2004, 03:02 PM
check the post at the bottom of the forum page that says ( is it worth having R shocks rebuilt or revalved) for colbys web site