PDA

View Full Version : who gots a predator

450rboy
06-10-2004, 01:33 PM
well if you got a predator. could you tell me how they run. i think they run good and are good from what i read about them. i am pretty sure i am gonna get one after i get my 4 wheeler fixed( its a warrior and i can't jet it right or somethin. i think i might have to get a needel for it. because it spits and sputers out on top end.)i would like someone else opinion on it though

thanks bye

Cody_300ex
06-10-2004, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by 450rboy
well if you got a predator. could you tell me how they run. i think they run good and are good from what i read about them. i am pretty sure i am gonna get one after i get my 4 wheeler fixed( its a warrior and i can't jet it right or somethin. i think i might have to get a needel for it. because it spits and sputers out on top end.)i would like someone else opinion on it though

thanks bye

God man allmost every time i read a post of yours your wanting a different quad?:huh First it was a 450r, then a z400, then a 450r again, now a Predator, what next? A eton 40?

sam the brave
06-10-2004, 04:24 PM
do what i am doing sell the warrior and get a 400ex

DangerousDean
06-10-2004, 04:49 PM
I own a 400ex, but my friend just got a pred. and i rode it... and i HATE it, the suspension on it is WAY better then the 400, but it handles like chit compaired to my 400ex, same with jumping.

And i dont know if i like the power delivery.. it has more power it jsut doesnt feel like it all gets to the ground, tons of wheel spin.

chucked
06-10-2004, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by sam the brave

I think sam the brave and 450r boy are the same person :eek2:

Bill Fuller
06-10-2004, 06:44 PM
Don't sound like a needle problem to me,if it's on the top it's the main jet.

FTR250Rnif
06-10-2004, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by chucked
I think sam the brave and 450r boy are the same person :eek2:
is that legal?:huh

chucked
06-10-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by FTR250Rnif
is that legal?:huh :huh :huh :huh

Kennethyfz450
06-10-2004, 08:55 PM
no i dont have a pred..

make sure your airfilter is clean, choke is off , clean spark plug..

do all the simple stuff first..;)

QuadJunkies
06-11-2004, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by DangerousDean
I own a 400ex, but my friend just got a pred. and i rode it... and i HATE it, the suspension on it is WAY better then the 400, but it handles like chit compaired to my 400ex, same with jumping.

And i dont know if i like the power delivery.. it has more power it jsut doesnt feel like it all gets to the ground, tons of wheel spin. HUH?????? You must be joking about the suspention......:o I HAD stock Suspention on my EX once and you simply Cannot compare it...the Predators suspention is WAAY better than Stock Ex shocks.......I guess that too is a preference.But I can say personally they are great shocks for an entry or Ave. rider/racer

If you want to know how they run....IF if do routine Maintence like your suppose to for the most part like any other quad they run great! The 04 model is a better improved model and less flaws than the 03 was......:) When you start modding.... Be prepared to have to do some Adj from time to time to it..We just had a flywheel issue with ours,but learned a great deal why this happens so hopefully it wont happen again....Its all in a persons preference ,some like the Predator...Some dont......Some dont like the fell( I personally hate the seat and the shiffter) but I love the mad power it brings on!!!:macho IF I had the money, I would be investing in a YFZ, I simply love the fell right from the get go.... BUt thats ME personally.The Predator is a fun quad for the right person..;) you should visit predatorowners.com to find out all the Pros and Cons if your wanting to learn more about what the good and Bads are.......Godd luck in whatever you decide........

QuadJunkies
06-11-2004, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by DangerousDean
I .. it has more power it jsut doesnt feel like it all gets to the ground, tons of wheel spin. I must agree with you on this one....The 03 models DO have too much wheel spin if you race....The 04 model has fixed that problem...;) In time we will be adding the 04 swingArm to ours.....

batgeek
06-11-2004, 12:20 AM
get some sleep QJ, i don't wanna have to break out my red pen again! :blah:

QuadJunkies
06-11-2004, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by batgeek
get some sleep QJ, i don't wanna have to break out my red pen again! LMAO!!!!!:p ...... I cant sleep!!! I already look like ...........:eek2: Maybe I should go have myself a Beer......

LTandRaptorider
06-11-2004, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
LMAO!!!!!:p ...... I cant sleep!!! I already look like ...........:eek2: Maybe I should go have myself a Beer......

I was thinking the same thing, but I'm glad batgeek said it! :D

I was going to suggest you wake up your daughter and have her type for you! :p

Did someone say beer? ;)

Martin Blair
06-11-2004, 01:38 AM
I have rode one pre it the suspension is nicer then stock 400 but it handles like crap and feels to tall. With my elkas and rest of my setup on my 400ex it is much better then any pred will ever be.

QuadJunkies
06-11-2004, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by HN400exracer
I have rode one pre it the suspension is nicer then stock 400 but it handles like crap and feels to tall. With my elkas and rest of my setup on my 400ex it is much better then any pred will ever be. Well of courese Elkas are going to feel better silly!!!!!!:o :eek2: But to say stock Ex shocks are BETTER......NO way......We also had our Fox Shocks ReVavled they feel much nicer than when they came out of a Box.

QuadJunkies
06-11-2004, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
I I was going to suggest you wake up your daughter and have her type for you! :p

Did someone say beer? ;) :eek: :o :p LOL...... I cant Argue with that!! she DOES type better than Me!!!

450rboy
06-16-2004, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Lil_300Ex_Kid
God man allmost every time i read a post of yours your wanting a different quad?:huh First it was a 450r, then a z400, then a 450r again, now a Predator, what next? A eton 40?

yea probably. no you forgot one to. i was lookin for a cheap 400ex.

well first i did want a 450r for a long time now but now i am thinking people are gonna go buy those just like the yfz and there would be so many of them like the yfz. and i did want a z400 because people didn't very many of those. then i thought and i forgot all about the predator. and where i live i havn't seen no one on one not even at the race track but i have seen z400s i just want something different than what everyone else gots thats all

thanks bye

450rboy
06-16-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by sam the brave

the only way i would but one of those if they were brand new and i would like to do what i want to it. and i don't want the same thing as my brother but it would be nice to have the same thing. then you would have so many more parts too.

but i just want some thing different and any ways he is getting the 440 kit put in his right now. and i would like mine to be a 440 too.

so you know what i mean

450rboy
06-16-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Bill Fuller
Don't sound like a needle problem to me,if it's on the top it's the main jet.

do i got to go get bigger or smaller jets then

450rboy
06-16-2004, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Kennethyfz450
no i dont have a pred..

make sure your airfilter is clean, choke is off , clean spark plug..

do all the simple stuff first..;)

i did do that. thanks though

Bill Fuller
06-16-2004, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by 450rboy
do i got to go get bigger or smaller jets then It depends on what you have done to it,I would buy both larger and smaller(a couple sizes up each way)When did it start running bad?Did you make any modifacations?Try running with the air box lid off if it runs better than you are rich and need to go down a size or two.

440exnacsracer
06-16-2004, 09:40 PM
i have one and i does handle different, but once you get used to it, everything else feels like crap....about 5 hours after i getting mine, i rode a raptor and couldnt keep it on the trail lol. im selling mine by the way for a bike, email me at banksgrass@aol.com for a faster reply.