PDA

View Full Version : Noise

red2004 TRX450R
06-10-2004, 10:05 AM
I get a tapping, rapping, rattling, knocking or what ever u want to call it when I lug my 450. I think this is normal??? It goes a way if I down shift or give it some gas.

It only happens at low RPM’s when lugging the motor.. I think this is normal but have never here any talk about it.
Help!!!

Pappy
06-10-2004, 10:06 AM
normal, mine does it ..i dont like it...but it is normal

chris450R
06-10-2004, 11:20 AM
yeah, it is normal for it to make that sound. mine also does it. so i usually just try not to lug the motor too much because it does sound kinda bad.

4fiddyR
06-10-2004, 11:39 AM
These new generation motors are not ment to be lugged, they are made to be Revv'ed.

06-10-2004, 01:01 PM
the 450r int meant to be putted around on really like the ex's can...it wants to go fast & be revved real high... have you hit the rev limiter yet? i hit mine in first gear & my friend said I was doing approx 34 MPH in that gear...it just keeps revving

red2004 TRX450R
06-10-2004, 02:35 PM
Yes I have hit the rev limiter. I ride very hard up here in the woods of PA. But when I ride with my girlfriends parents they like to put around and look at things (drives me nuts) this is when it happens. Or when I put her on the back. The quad will soak up the ruff stuff with her on it but my sides and my ears cant!!!!!

I thought this was normal and I try not to get the revs down but some times it just happens… U know ….

I love the way it revs… and I miss my shee to !!! the shee loved to rev also…. I wish I still had both, but is I had to choose I would that the 450 most days…
:muscle:

dreth
06-10-2004, 03:14 PM
i dont know how often you ride with her parents but it might be worth getting a smaller front sprocket and just change it ( ten min to do) when its gonna be a slow day.
my old lady hates my driving and wont ride unless i promise to go slow. it sucks but she bought my R for my b-day so i dont complain.

red2004 TRX450R
06-10-2004, 03:36 PM
I USULY STAY OUT FROUNT AND DO WHEELIES ALL DAY!!!! AND ROOST ALL OVER THEM!!!!

YA SHE LET ME GET IT NOW SHE THINKS SHE CAN GET A NEW TRUCK.

ok WITH ME I CAN USE IT TO HAUL MY QUAD IN!!!!!! JUST AS LONG AS I DONT MAKE THE PAYMENTS ON IT...