PDA

View Full Version : Foot of the Mountain 6/6/04

jlhughes750
06-10-2004, 07:17 AM
Foot of the Mountain is in Neelyton PA.

This event was a District 6 and 7 event.

It was a great 5 mile track with lots of mudholes, hillclimbs and a fast grass track section.

Chris Borich took the early lead and never looked back.

Here Borich on the first lap leading Todd Rothermel up the first rocky hill climb less than a mile into the course. The rest of us are a few yards back trying to sort things out.
;)

jlhughes750
06-10-2004, 07:24 AM
Mike Lucas came by in third being pursued by non other than Dirtfirsts own Andy Lagzdins.

Lucas has been putting in some impressive rides lately in the GNCC series. Way to go Mike!

jlhughes750
06-10-2004, 07:27 AM
EXRiders member (treebasher) #52 was in the top 5 after a great start. He really handles that Suzuki well in the woods. Behind him is Rob Hertz #45. Rob charged to the front of the pack within a lap or two.

jlhughes750
06-10-2004, 07:33 AM
I got a terrible start, the button was jambed and I kept hittin it at an angle and it did not start for a while!! I was more than a little fired up after a dead last start. We ran a race the day before and I was able to get the jump on the start and lead Borich and Hertz for over a lap, then battled for a few laps after that. Wether they were letting me keep up or not;) thats their problem!!hahah Needless to say that after that this being in last stuff was for the birds!!!!

Here I am trying to catch up!

jlhughes750
06-10-2004, 07:35 AM
The Vet class was crankin!!! Usually Randy Brandt tears up this track on his Cdale and no one can touch him.... Well these guys put the moves on him at the start and put some distance on him before the hill climb!

jlhughes750
06-10-2004, 07:37 AM
the B class had some R's in it

jlhughes750
06-10-2004, 07:38 AM
heres a great shot of the C class, is that an EXriders member out front???????? Theres Derno on the VForce in the back!!

jlhughes750
06-10-2004, 07:40 AM
Borich was flat out hauling!!!!!! Thats all I can say!!!!

Here he is after the first lap......looks awfully clean!!!!!

jlhughes750
06-10-2004, 07:42 AM
Don't get me wrong Andy and the rest of the pack were flying too.....

Here's Andy after gettin by Lucas!!

jlhughes750
06-10-2004, 07:44 AM
Lucas was running 3rd.

Lucas really has the YFZ workin for him.

jlhughes750
06-10-2004, 07:46 AM
Here Treebasher leading Rob Hertz after the first lap...

Their runnin 4th and 5th at this point.

jlhughes750
06-10-2004, 07:50 AM
Borich went on to take the win, followed by Hertz, Lagzdins and Lucas........ I got off my rear after the bad start and worked my way up to 5th at the end. Mark Thompson finished 6th.

Heres Chris launching his YFZ!

jlhughes750
06-10-2004, 08:00 AM
Next D6 race is at Jack Frost on June 20th

06-10-2004, 02:30 PM
i was doing alright until about the 6th or 7 th lap. i staled it in a mud hole. i was tryingto pass someone nd they went the same way as me and i stalled it. it would nt start then because my neg. battery cable broke off the battery. so i lost about 10 min in the mudhole. i took off my set then and found the prob. i got it running thn and finished 7th. it was still a fun race.

jlhughes750
06-10-2004, 02:44 PM
yea, I caught up to ya coming to the barrels then I guess u stalled it...the scorers helped u pop start it I guess, thats when I got behind u then I passed u in the woods, u had a great run going!!!

Ericthered rdr
06-11-2004, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by jlhughes750
heres a great shot of the C class, is that an EXriders member out front???????? Theres Derno on the VForce in the back!!

yup that is Ericthered rdr infront leading the c-class and some guys from the other classes that got stuck. I lead the first lap then about a 1/4 mile into the woods on my second lap I stalled out from a clogged fuel vent hose:mad: After that I got stuck later in that lap and again bigtime on the third lap until another KFX 400 rider helped me out of the whole. My last three laps were clean and fast but not enough to get the lead back but I was happy with third place, hell it's only the 4th time I have ever raced. I have to tell you that the folks that run that event are very nice and helpful and the parents that were there for the kids races in the morning were super nice and were eager to help me with my two boys. It was so cool that we all came home with trophies! My kids won't stop talking about racing now. I can't wait 'till September 4th and 5th.