PDA

View Full Version : trx90 Power?

AtvMxRider
06-09-2004, 07:18 PM
I need to know what I can do to my son's trx to get more power. The only thing is we cannot go any higher than 90cc's. He is getting killed off of the start by the e-ton's. I have thought of changing sprockets. what else can I do? Any help would be appreciated.

Pappy
06-09-2004, 07:45 PM
11 to1 stock bore piston kit and a cam

atvmx4fun
06-09-2004, 08:10 PM
Call Charles @ ICRacing .
Get his high compression head gasket, timing advance key, cdi modification and larger carb. All this is bolt on stuff and should narrow the gap, but those little 2 strokes you are talking about are pretty good runners .

212racing
06-10-2004, 01:14 AM
what gear are you starting out in

AtvMxRider
06-10-2004, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by 212racing

1st

AtvMxRider
06-10-2004, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by atvmx4fun
Call Charles @ ICRacing .
Get his high compression head gasket, timing advance key, cdi modification and larger carb. All this is bolt on stuff and should narrow the gap, but those little 2 strokes you are talking about are pretty good runners .

I was looking at his High compression kit. But a $190 seems alittle steap for what you get. Have you ever used the kit? If so how was it?

roostin_dale
06-10-2004, 04:58 PM
have you called Hetrick racing? They can tell you how to make any Mini quad go faster!

Hoggr9
06-10-2004, 05:22 PM
Sorry roostin but Hetrick doesn't do TRX 90's.
Try www.robbsracingengines.com
I've spoken to both Robb at Robbs Racing Engines and Charles at IC racing and both were very eager to answer my questions and give me advice over the phone.

roostin_dale
06-10-2004, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Hoggr9
Sorry roostin but Hetrick doesn't do TRX 90's.

i know they don't build trx90's but they can tell ya how to make them faster...

atvmx4fun
06-10-2004, 07:05 PM
atvmxrider,
I installed a icr kit on my sons trx last year, he ran the Millers Tavern series. It ran good , and he won a few races , but most of the modified 2 strokes were faster. He was older than most of the kids in that class then (11yo) , and that did factor in. From what I have seen in the 90c production class here locally , it will take more than just a icr kit to run with those kids up front. I am not saying it cant be done , it is just going to take some $$$ and engine mods, plus those 3 or 4 kids that are up front are very good riders . bty, my boy is the #77 on the yz85 powered blaster, we havent been around the last few races because we are making the transaction to 2 wheels mainly due to lack of participation inthe 90cc mod class. He isnt old enough for the 13-15 atv prod class and isnt interested in the 90cc prod "auto" mini at all. He has basically been racing by himself this season with the 90cc mod , that gets old real quick! The blaster will be sold if you know any locals interested.

AtvMxRider
06-10-2004, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by atvmx4fun
atvmxrider,
I installed a icr kit on my sons trx last year, he ran the Millers Tavern series. It ran good , and he won a few races , but most of the modified 2 strokes were faster. He was older than most of the kids in that class then (11yo) , and that did factor in. From what I have seen in the 90c production class here locally , it will take more than just a icr kit to run with those kids up front. I am not saying it cant be done , it is just going to take some $$$ and engine mods, plus those 3 or 4 kids that are up front are very good riders . bty, my boy is the #77 on the yz85 powered blaster, we havent been around the last few races because we are making the transaction to 2 wheels mainly due to lack of participation inthe 90cc mod class. He isnt old enough for the 13-15 atv prod class and isnt interested in the 90cc prod "auto" mini at all. He has basically been racing by himself this season with the 90cc mod , that gets old real quick! The blaster will be sold if you know any locals interested.

I've seen your son before. The kid that races on the trx in our class #8 is fast but I have heard his quad is illegal. How much are you asking for the Blaster?

QuadJunkies
06-11-2004, 12:29 AM
Good luck Jerry..... We just ended up paying like 275.00 for a Big Bore kit for our Sons Eton 50:eek2: (thats w/shipping too) ..Hopefully it will help my boy keep up with those 90's.....:macho

atvmx4fun
06-11-2004, 11:13 AM
I am gonna ask 4500.00, that will pretty much cover the parts.
I will be putting on a FRESH yz80 engine when i sell it, i will be keeping the yz85 engine for a backup for our bike. The 80 motor i have is actually faster than the 85 due to the work done to it(porting ect)
Its a 99 blaster all new wheel bearins/seals new swingarm bearings asr +3 +1 a-arms /works shocks setup for 80lb rider frnt&rear/durablu +4 rear axle /dg frnt bumper-rear grab bar/renthal bars / pro circuit pipe&silencer/ ect ect

I dont know anything about the #8, he is fast, but last race i saw him at he got beat pretty good by those little 2strokes.

AtvMxRider
06-11-2004, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by 212racing

This is the mods I have to it.

K&N
WB R4 pipe
6 1" holes in air box lid
2.5" wheel spacers all the way around
Elka shocks all the way around
I have 18" Holeshot mxr's on the rear and running stock gearing.

Rebelrider4OOex
06-17-2004, 08:37 PM
put a cr80 engine in it:eek2: :devil:

Johnny & Monica
06-23-2004, 12:16 AM
TRADE THAT TRX90 IN ON THIS AN WIN:D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5503461112&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1