PDA

View Full Version : HRC-cam ?

r450rr
06-09-2004, 12:27 PM
does anyone know of any HRC cams in the middle of an auction on ebay right now.. thanks

29FTEX
06-09-2004, 01:27 PM
Here is an auction for the complete HRC kit for $200 "Buy It Now". They are showing 3 available as of now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2481693606&category=35595&sspagename=WDVW

Or the other auction for a kit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7904001176&category=43977&sspagename=WDVW

r450rr
06-09-2004, 01:59 PM
thanks man, ill check these out, i remeber once i ask for this before and someone gave me a great link to an ebay auction,i was just a idoit an forgot to bid at the last minute anyways the winning bidder for the cam was 77dollars

06-09-2004, 02:45 PM
are thes ehard to install...is this a good poject for someone who has never been inside an engine before? do you just open the top end & pull the stock one & slide this one in & rejet? what do you have to do that is difficult..i am good at maintaining a four wheeler but I just have never been inside the engine before but I really want this HRC kit but dont have enough money to pay someone else to install it....

FatBoy Racing
06-10-2004, 07:18 PM
thanks fer the tip, i snagged one of those ebay deals :D

jmoney45
06-10-2004, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
are thes ehard to install...is this a good poject for someone who has never been inside an engine before? do you just open the top end & pull the stock one & slide this one in & rejet? what do you have to do that is difficult..i am good at maintaining a four wheeler but I just have never been inside the engine before but I really want this HRC kit but dont have enough money to pay someone else to install it....

I was in the same boat as you. I bought the kit and installed everything but the cam. I took it into the shop, even had the plastic and tank unbolted, and they only charged me $40 to install it. I think it was around 45 minutes. I don't think it's hard to install a cam but if you've never done it before you may want to have someone else do it. Check service honda for the kit. I got mine shipped to my door for $260.

Shawn H
06-10-2004, 11:04 PM
Its easy take plug out of right side of engine remove spark plug, stick allen in hole where plug was turn engine over until your on compression stroke and the little marks line up.

Remove valve cover, Take the bolt out of tensioner (there is a special tool) but I used a small screw driver and then a visegrip wedged against the motor on the driver to hold spring in place.

Remove the 2 bolts on cam gear. take small wire or bungee cord and hold gear and chain out of way.

remove 4 bolts that hold cam onto head, removed decompressor bolt and note how Decompressor looks for reference (it will only go on 1 way)
take snap ring off and remove cam

Install new cam and repeat these steps. torque the decompressor bolt to 18lbft.
cam should drop in (its meant to be) with no adjustment but you should check the clearance on valves.

Torque the cam holdown(4 bolts) to 10lbft. install cam gear. torque to 14lbft check your valve clearance again. You'll need a few feeler gauges it will tell ya the specs in HRC kit, I cant remember the sizes of the top of my head.

GL it only took me about 2 hrs to complete the kit just take your time if your not a engine guru.

You will probably have troubles getting the decompressor bolt out its best to heat it up a little to warm the loc tite they use but be carefull of the little spring on decompressor.