PDA

View Full Version : Needed nerfs!!

ATV_MAN
03-24-2002, 12:46 PM
Well about 30 minutes ago i was out riding my 300 and I hit a ramp and just before i landed my foot slipped off the peg and hit the ground and got sucked under my fourwheeler and dragged on the ground.It hurt like **** and i dont think its broke though.But tomorow ill be ordering nerfs though.

DEAL
03-24-2002, 01:26 PM
Ac nerfs all the way.

03-25-2002, 09:32 PM
AC nerfs are my fav. they are the only ones i would but on my bike, here's a pic of them

Warrioreater400ex
03-25-2002, 10:15 PM
ill tell you like i tell everyone else, Graydon proline all the way, i have nothing against AC, they look awesome too, but have graydons and KNOW they are awesome, they are strong, light, will flex a little but return to shape, they look awesome too! and are easily installed, ac's are good too i know some people that have them, but go with AC or Graydon, no dg or anything

JOEX
03-26-2002, 09:17 PM
Did you have to cut your heel guards to fit? If so, could you post a close up pic of them? Thanks.

Joe

Nausty
03-26-2002, 10:05 PM
you learned the hard way kinda like me. At one time I was saying " I don't need no stinking nerfs" 2nd day out on my new 400ex I landing wrong and my foot went under my quad and I couldn't even walk for a a 2 days and I missed a day of school because I practically had to hop on one foot.

EDIT: oh yah go with graydon or ac I got ac pro pegs and love them sept the only thing bad about them is they are kinda hard to get on but they are tough as nails.

Striker49
03-26-2002, 10:10 PM
Ive got DGs on mine and have no problem with em. Nerfs are nerfs unless you are seriously into racin and stuff and need somin thats gonna hold up extremely good like the ACs but for the woods ridin I do I just got the DGs. I just took my heel guards off. It throws mud on my feet more if I ever hit any but I think it looks alot better. The DGs were very ez to install, got mine on in bout an hour in 15* wind chill weather. ;) It was ez to take off my guards too, and I dunno how well they would fit with the nerfs on there. Howd you get yours to fit honda_400ex? :cool:

ATV_MAN
03-27-2002, 03:15 PM
YA i learned the hard way that i needed nerfs.I was hopping on 1 foot the whole day i done it.Now im ok.

I have a question though.Whats the differene between the pro pegs and the regulars?

03-27-2002, 08:43 PM
ya you have to cut the heel guards alittle bit, but its not bad at all. i don't have my digital camara or i would get you a pic of how i did it. i'll try to show you in this drawing. i had to remove that front bolt that hold it on, the nerfs are bolted on through that hole. and then i cut it straight down along that line in the drawing. the heel guards stay on fine without that front bolt. i hope i answered your question. if you have anymore feel free to ask me. al

JOEX
03-27-2002, 08:53 PM
It seems like a simple mod to make them fit. The propegs look nice but I don't like the solid heel guards, they look like they would fill up with mud and dirt.

Thanks again, Joe

K_Fulk
03-27-2002, 11:43 PM
The propegs have the peg integrated into the nerf bar and it is wider too. I got mine a year and a half ago. they didn't fit on my quad right but i made them fit. I have seen some newer ones that fit like they should. They changed the brackets that mount to the motor mount.

PsychoDave
03-28-2002, 12:57 PM
I have DG pro pegs and i love em....they are beefy and strong.....i have NEVER had problems with them.....i bought them used and the previous owner raced for 2 years with them.....I love the FAT peg

400exRacerX
03-28-2002, 01:04 PM
I have DG nerfs and I just snapped the hole footpeg off the bike yesterday after landing hard.:( I guess I'll have to bust the tig welder out now.:p

phatswinn
03-28-2002, 01:17 PM
ive got dgs and i like em but ther square, but i cant complain i gotem from my uncle for free, i made heelguausrd that really arent that bad, ill post a pic as soon as i get my mom to let me use her camara