PDA

View Full Version : Keep Our Riding Spots Open

jethro
06-09-2004, 02:48 AM
hey evry one please read the link below on the asa web site and fill out the petition on the link below that its really important that you do so or we are gona lose our riding spots
thanks

http://www.americansandassociation.org/news/index.html?view=article&article=172

http://www.petitiononline.com/esa2004/

if any mods read this would you mind making this post a sticky we it is important that evry one sighns the petition

jethro
06-09-2004, 09:04 PM
come on guys don't you care about having places to ride your quads

06-09-2004, 09:30 PM
arent you on bansheehq?

06-09-2004, 10:09 PM
signed it myself 1211 Signatures Total

Martin Blair
06-09-2004, 10:36 PM
dude thats about some endangered speices not riding, wtf? If anything I would think that would close riding areas.

DO NOT SIGN , READ FIRST!!!!!

hondarider2006
06-10-2004, 01:20 AM
What did quads have anything to do with that page???

LTandRaptorider
06-10-2004, 08:23 AM
Dude, you put contradicting issues, and petitions on here! :huh

The first one is from ASA-American Sand Association... which supports ESA-Endangered Species Act reform. The second link is to support the ESA. Simply the first link is AGAINST the ESA, the second link is FOR the ESA.

jethro
06-10-2004, 04:47 PM
ok the petition was put up by the asa because the goverment has turned there backs on us and didn't take this ****en milk weed off the endangers speices list result of that the glamis sand dunes could be closed there going to close more places if we keep letting them get away with this read the asa web site and you will understand i'm just doing what the asa said to do they sent emails to all the members asking us to sighn the petition this is for your beinifit

hn400exrider mabey you should read first and you would understand why there the endangered speices **** was on there

yes i do post on banshee hq i'm just going to all the forums to try and get people to sighn this thing so i don't lose my riding spot

jethro
06-10-2004, 04:53 PM
this is what was on the asa site from the link i posted it even includes for the petition

Dear Fellow Duners,

The ASA learned late last week that the Fish & Wildlife Service(FWS) has chosen NOT to de-list the Peirson's Milk-vetch. Their reasons are weak and unsupported, and are a slap in the face to Dr. Phillips, who probably knows more about this plant than any other scientist in the country. The ASA Board of Directors is consulting with our legal advisors and will decide on a course of action soon. If we pursue this in the U.S. 9th Circuit Court, we anticipate a very expensive legal fight--tens of thousands of dollars.

The Endangered Species Act is seriously broken--this action by the FWS simply illustrates it in stark detail. Ignoring 3 consecutive years worth of studies and using inflammatory language in their decision only makes their statements less valid.

Please sign our on-line petition to Reform the ESA at:
http://www.PetitionOnline.com/esa2004
and please tell All of your friends!

FTR250Rnif
06-10-2004, 05:14 PM
theres milkweed in Glamis?:blah:

Martin Blair
06-10-2004, 09:19 PM
i still dont understand

jethro
06-10-2004, 09:26 PM
whats there not to understand i even posted what was on the asa's web page you read the info it states about of wildlife service people turned there backs on us and didn't take the plant off the endgangerd specise list the petition is so they can't just keep not taking sh*t off couse they don't want people on the land pretty much were gona lose our riding spots because of f*cken milk weeds