PDA

View Full Version : All motor work is getting done this week

REAPER
06-08-2004, 10:11 PM
Just curious if anyone here is familiar with the set up I have gone with .In reference to the 440 I.M.S big bore 88.5mm piston, Edelbrock 440 carb, stage 1 cam, Barnett clutch, and White Bros rev kit. I'm not sure how different it's gonna be so if anyone has this as well as knows somebody who does let me know what I'am in for as far as increased performance and problems I might run into. Like I said before all the motor work and cam and carb and rev kit are being installed this week.........Thanks for your time. "Da Reaper":devil:

K_Fulk
06-08-2004, 10:47 PM
Depends on the compression, but im sure you will notice a good healthy diffrence.

REAPER
06-08-2004, 10:51 PM
I beleive its a J.E piston at 88.5 and a compression 11:1

K_Fulk
06-08-2004, 10:55 PM
You will probly be pushing about 35-37 hp. But if you got some headwork done it would wake it up even more.

REAPER
06-08-2004, 11:06 PM
like what for instances for my particular soon to be set up? I also was told to redo the bottom end with a new crank and 12mm headbolts as well. The head-bolts some guy said so I dont blow head gaskets all the time. Is that true?

K_Fulk
06-08-2004, 11:14 PM
I never had any problems with my head bolts. Some people do though. If you are eventually getting a stronger rod you may as well get your crank stroked while your at it.

The rev kit will give you more problems than its worth. If its cold they dont want to start. And the motors power curve falls off after the stock rev limiter anyway. Not to mention it starts to add more stress to the rod. If you want the extra rpm's just go to a honda dealership and order a cdi box for a xr250 same thing as the white bros cdi box but cheaper.

REAPER
06-08-2004, 11:20 PM
Thnx alot man, I drop this thing off on thursday and have to wait three weeks to get it back. The waiting is what kills me. I just wanna ride. I'll get back in touch with ya and tell you how it' workin, Thanx again

K_Fulk
06-08-2004, 11:21 PM
Good luck hope you dont have to wait as long as me.