PDA

View Full Version : Clutch is fugged up, what is really wrong?

Out_Sider
06-08-2004, 09:17 PM
aight, when my quad is just sitting, not running or anything and its just in 1st to keep it from rolling.. i'll pull the clutch in to push it..but nothing happens, its like the clutch doesnt work..and then sometimes when i try to put it in gear when its running, it will jump and stall..and if i try to start it in gear..it will take off.. could it just be the plates or is it something more?

06-08-2004, 09:22 PM
open it up & see

Out_Sider
06-08-2004, 09:28 PM
we are, we already have the new clutch to put in it, but you dont think the pressure plate or the baskit is funked do you?

06-09-2004, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by Out_Sider
we are, we already have the new clutch to put in it, but you dont think the pressure plate or the baskit is funked do you?

You'll know when you open it up. I'd say it's OK but look and see.

Let me know if you need a basket, I have one at home in my spare parts box...:D

Out_Sider
06-09-2004, 07:23 AM
well today we're gonna take the clutch out and put the EBC Dirt Racer clutch in. this EBC is alot beefier than the stock one, from the looks of it atleast. it says to soak it in oil, and i also heard its a good idea to slightly sand the steel plates?? anyone heard of doin this for better grip?

06-09-2004, 07:26 AM
The first thing you said about not being able to push it will sitting there is very common and not a problem at all. The jumping while putting it in to gear though Might be but problly not

Out_Sider
06-09-2004, 07:32 AM
but why isnt it a problem? it sucks because i need it to roll when i want it to..my quad is the only one i've seen that wont roll with the clutch in

K_Fulk
06-09-2004, 08:12 AM
Does it roll easier if you have it in 2nd pull the clutch in? Why not put it in nuetral to rolll it?

It sounds more like an adjustment problem. The stock 400 clutch lasts for a long time.

speedy400
06-09-2004, 10:41 AM
Sounds like a minor fix, mess with the clutch cable tension thing on the perch.-darren

06-09-2004, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by speedy400
Sounds like a minor fix, mess with the clutch cable tension thing on the perch.-darren there is another adjustment that is more drastic down by the right sid eof the engine...this one is the one you prob. need to adjust...your cable may be stretched too?

Out_Sider
06-09-2004, 01:02 PM
ya..its a 300ex, and its a 95 model..so my clutch cable might be the problem, im gonna go ahead and put the new clutch in, and adjust it alot.