PDA

View Full Version : Br549!

mikeboone
06-08-2004, 06:57 PM
Bought was supposed to be a complete bottom end for 300ex. I just unpacked it and am pissed off! It is missing: both side cases, flywheel, complete clutch assembly. On top of that the damn conn. rod looks like a banana! The crank hangs up spinning by hand every few turns and has metal chunks all in the bottom.

Phil: You SPECIFICALLY told me the bottom end was complete and "only needs a piston". WTF? I took a loss with the 300ex head you sold me with a bent valve but this is crazy....This is my LAST purchase from you.

To: Mike Boone
Sent: Monday, May 31, 2004 1:10 AM
Subject: Re: 300ex bottom end

mike, it's in goods shape. Just needs a piston. Have pic if needed. THANKS phil send me ur full shipping address I'll check shipping prices & get back w/ U!
On May 29, 2004, at 11:13 PM, Mike Boone wrote:

Hello again Richard; I will take the 300ex bottom end off exriders for listed $65 plus S&H. I can use paypal immediatly for pay and you can send paypal bill to this address. Just to confirm this is a 'working' bottom end and not blown? Thanks-Mike

AtvMxRider
06-08-2004, 07:59 PM
If he screwed you once why in the hell did you deal with him again?:huh

mikeboone
06-08-2004, 08:14 PM
Good point. It was just a valve; I sold it for what i had in it. I was hoping he would send a replacement someday:huh

pnut420
06-08-2004, 09:39 PM
Oh no this is not good to hear, I just bought some 250r calipers for real cheap, Im almost wiling to beat now they dont work :rolleyes:

Juggalo
06-08-2004, 11:40 PM
man mike i am sorry to hear that, specially for a guy who goes above and beyond the norm to make sure the buyer is happy like you do. i hope this gets worked out

br549
06-09-2004, 10:20 PM
Mike,
Got your email today. i have been dealing w/ atv parts for a few years now. I have bought MANY bottom end, none of them ever came w/ the side covers and side accessories. I guess it was a misunderstanding on both our parts. That is why I sold you the bottom end for only $65. If you would have to buy all the part you received from ebay or another atv dealer it would have cost you around $200 - $300. So, I still think you got a pretty good deal. I never noticed the rod bent. On the head you bought from me, after you bought it, I told you if you needed anything to contact me. YOU NEVER DID!!! You bought the head for $50, you did ask if it had 4 valves and i said yes. I never pulled the valves out of the head, so I did not know if one valve was bent. A valve at Honda, new, would cost around $30, you got a whole head for $50. Brand new head would cost $538. If you are not totally satisfied u can send it back and I will paypal your full pymt back. '

ps. if that doesn;t work for you to resolve this matter. i will return some of the $65 to you.

PNUT - I don't remember selling you any 250r calipers. you must have me confused w/ someone else.

Phil

pnut420
06-09-2004, 11:51 PM
Sorry PHIL that was a confusion on my part, I appoligize for that.

mikeboone
06-10-2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by br549
Mike,
Got your email today. i have been dealing w/ atv parts for a few years now. I have bought MANY bottom end, none of them ever came w/ the side covers and side accessories. I guess it was a misunderstanding on both our parts. That is why I sold you the bottom end for only $65. If you would have to buy all the part you received from ebay or another atv dealer it would have cost you around $200 - $300. So, I still think you got a pretty good deal. I never noticed the rod bent. On the head you bought from me, after you bought it, I told you if you needed anything to contact me. YOU NEVER DID!!! You bought the head for $50, you did ask if it had 4 valves and i said yes. I never pulled the valves out of the head, so I did not know if one valve was bent. A valve at Honda, new, would cost around $30, you got a whole head for $50. Brand new head would cost $538. If you are not totally satisfied u can send it back and I will paypal your full pymt back. '

ps. if that doesn;t work for you to resolve this matter. i will return some of the $65 to you.

PNUT - I don't remember selling you any 250r calipers. you must have me confused w/ someone else.

Phil

There is no way I am going to pay to ship this back to anywhere. Your a liar when you say I never told you about the bent valve in the 300ex head. And the new price on a 300ex head is not in question--the head you sold me was FAR from being presentable. I had to scrape & beadblast it to get the baked on mud off. I also had my shop Race Port it and still only got $70; I really took that to the bank...

Basically; you misrepresent the parts you sold me on two occasions. You said you were to send pics but never did. A COMPLETE bottom end is not missing half it's parts. The crank is worthless with bent rod and worn bearings. I will sell the inner cases and chalk this up. *You can keep the cash; you really need it for Optometrist visit so you can see what a bent *** rod looks like!
:rolleyes:

pnut420
06-10-2004, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by mikeboone
There is no way I am going to pay to ship this back to anywhere. Your a liar when you say I never told you about the bent valve in the 300ex head. And the new price on a 300ex head is not in question--the head you sold me was FAR from being presentable. I had to scrape & beadblast it to get the baked on mud off. I also had my shop Race Port it and still only got $70; I really took that to the bank...

Basically; you misrepresent the parts you sold me on two occasions. You said you were to send pics but never did. A COMPLETE bottom end is not missing half it's parts. The crank is worthless with bent rod and worn bearings. I will sell the inner cases and chalk this up. *You can keep the cash; you really need it for Optometrist visit so you can see what a bent *** rod looks like!
:rolleyes:

Haha I had some confusion on my part, but yeah was supposed to get some pics, never did also....

Basically I am somewhat happy and that is if these calipers just need pads, Im a fool for not getting more of a description, but I was dealing with numerous parts and have been to busy to make sure everyone comes through with there word, like the pictures I never got, nor a description on the conditon they were in.

Ive dealt with Mikeboone on 2 occasions now and both have been great, hell I still need to send the stock head out that Im supposed to and exchange for the awesome port job he did for me. Of course the stock head has NO bent valves and Im wiling to bet the valve seals and everything are good.

I also sold him some trannie gears and other parts, and gave a FULL description and included many pics and would have given more. Selling bent rods and stuff is like selling an empty can :eek:

mikeboone
06-10-2004, 07:28 PM
Thanks pnut.
I have sold *hundreds of parts since February this year and have only had two that needed replacement. I paid all buyers fees PLUS return shipping on those parts. If you sell stuff you have to check things out and stand behind the parts if they are bad. NOT providing info as to known damaged parts is the same as saying 'all is good".

pnut420
06-10-2004, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by mikeboone
Thanks pnut.
I have sold *hundreds of parts since February this year and have only had two that needed replacement. I paid all buyers fees PLUS return shipping on those parts. If you sell stuff you have to check things out and stand behind the parts if they are bad. NOT providing info as to known damaged parts is the same as saying 'all is good".

Wow that last sentence says it all, never thought of it that way. Also I see he surfs the wanted section..... Desperite people just want parts ASAP and dont think of all the ins and outs and get stuck with a part that was not what they were thinking.

Its like when you sell a house, you must DISCLOSE all of the damages or problems that may occur or have occured.

br549
06-10-2004, 10:56 PM
First of all I have sold 100's of parts on this site since Feb. also Ur the 1st to complain. Take that back the 2nd there was Donald who ripped me for $100 cash through paypal & kept my head that was race ported from 4-Stoke Tech. But's that's another matter. I WILL TAKE BACK what I said last night, U did send me a pm about the bent valve. I was looking back at all of our emails we sent each other & didn't see it. I always check my emails every day, But not my pm's. I have been buying & selling a lot of parts since Dec. I took the bottom end on a fast deal from some one else who said it was good. I guess I didn't check good enough, which IS MY FAULT!!! So I AM going to paypal U back ur MONEY$$$. I have every email we ever sent each other & I did not see where U asked for pics
I did offer to send some, but then U said just paypal me & ship.
P.S. Every body knows a race port job from someone like 4-stroke tech., Pro fab, etc. cost $350-$650. Man ur selling ur stuff way to cheap. One thing I do notice about this web site, is once some starts bad mouthing some one they add a little to the story to make it sound better. And then other people add on who no nothing about the situation. Like if the head was that bad U would have not bought from me again!!! I DO know I see a lot of good feed back about ME & U also. Anway I,m sorry for the inconvenince! Hope I spelled that right.
Thanks Phil I'm going to hit ur paypal accnt. NOW!

pnut420
06-10-2004, 11:05 PM
I am not saying dont buy from you or anything, its just you have to make sure you get a great description. We see alot of people going in the wanted section and just making quick sales, its not like your ripping people, just misinforming some. Thats why I stay out of the wanted section now

MichaelS693
06-13-2004, 11:00 PM
i have bought a part from phil and it was fine and still using it to this day with no problems:confused: :)

mikeboone
06-14-2004, 06:18 PM
BR549 (Phil) and I have reached middle ground and settled on partial refund. I dont think Phil was trying to rip me off; he just didnt let me know what I was really buying. Thanks Phil for settling this quickly.:cool:

donald
06-18-2004, 01:36 PM
He did not try to reach middle ground with me and sold me a head the way he sold you mike. But i was the bad one.It cost me 180 to fix the head he sold me.This is not the only thing he sold me that was bad(timing chain,cam,rockers,)this part were not what he said.I got them the same time and did not know better.But he did not try to make this right.SO TO ANYONE THAT DOES NOT LIKE ME SO WHAT I AM SLEEPING GOOD THANKS.

pnut420
06-18-2004, 01:45 PM
Come on Donald I dont think we are hearing all the truth, besides after the way you talked back in that other thread I wouldnt trust or buy a thing from you.