PDA

View Full Version : low budget airbox mod

SUPERFLY 400
03-24-2002, 08:49 AM
I run my 400 with no airbox lid. After riding, I always find grass, weeds and all kinds of ***** inside my airbox and drain tube, granted i do have a K&N filter with prefilter sock that slips over the filter. But i have an idea for us tight *****es. when your old lady isn't lookin steel one of her pantyhoses (oh no not another panty raid) and cut it to size so it covers the opening on your airbox and use a rubberband or cut the opening off on your lid and then use the outside section of your lid to secure the pantyhose in place. I dont use my lid, because when i wash my bike i put the lid back on to keep the water out.
I would like any feedback on this lowbudget tip.

BTW: I'm not responseable for beatings you incur getting busted rootin through your old ladys (or moms for you young pups) underwear drawer. LOL! good luck.:D

03-24-2002, 04:37 PM
That's a good idea, i've been tryin to think of a way to solve the problem that you just did. BUT... I wanna find a panthose-type material that will bead up water. That way when we ride in the rain/mud, water wont fill up your drain tube/ filter. Just something for you to start thinkin about.

REDNECK400EX1

CT Racing Pipes
K & N
Outerwear

03-24-2002, 04:40 PM
jus buy a outerwears cloth lid, 19.00$

03-24-2002, 04:42 PM
REDNECK

03-24-2002, 05:32 PM
also sticking a panthose over your filter like an outerware works too!

JOEX
03-24-2002, 07:50 PM
What works better, new pantyhose or used pantyhose?

max400EX
03-24-2002, 11:19 PM
take out the little red drain plug so water can escape, and granted that you have your lid of you don't do much water riding, so there will be no prob with water coming in.

mopar 400
03-25-2002, 02:41 AM
I have used a panty hose on a K&N filter in my chevy. I felt that when whellin in the sand, this would help keep it out of the intake, and it worked wonders. When I ran without the panthose, the filter seemed to take in a little sand, with it on none at all...

SUPERFLY 400
03-25-2002, 06:34 PM
yeah kind of like a secondary filter. I get tired of picking out clumps of grass and ***** from inside the airbox. With the pantyhose, it keeps alot of crap out and gives my K&N longer life. Yeah you can go buy the outerwears cloth lid for around $20. Personally, the pantyhose trick works great and best of all, I didn't pay ***** for it (save my money for bigger and better upgrades). After awhile when it gets trashed just go raid the old ladies underwear drawer for another one.:D