PDA

View Full Version : Interesting poll

06-08-2004, 11:25 AM
http://www.wvgazette.com/polls/?qid=ATVb

Whats your thoughts on this poll??

Myself and many others have been to WV and rode on the roads there. In Man, WV we went to gas stations, McDonalds drive thru and subway, and all over town in general. Even said piss on riding back thru the muddy trails for 4 hours and took the road leading from one town to the other which was 12 - 16 miles. There were at least 20 of us so that's a lot of riders mixed in with traffic but obeying all traffic laws, including speeding. Well at least most of the time...:o But anywho is this a good poll or a bad poll..:confused:

UglyMotha™
06-08-2004, 11:35 AM
i don't think pinned is obeying the speed limit :o :blah:

06-08-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by UglyMotha™
i don't think pinned is obeying the speed limit :o :blah:

I"m tryin to make us look good UGLY......:grr:

quit yer bichen and vote.....:mad:

:devil: :devil:

06-08-2004, 11:47 AM
WOW that is kinda hard to answer!!!!!!!! 99% of the time across the nation I would vote yes to ban atvs on public roads. That is exactly were "KIDS ARE GOOFING OFF AND GETTING KILLED" and that may be what ends up ruining it for us all. BUT!!!!! In some instances like Rico mentioned at Hatfield I think it is perfectly OK. As long as the riders are obaying ALL laws!!!!! I think it should be limited to certain areas with signs to let traffic know that there may be atvs on the road. The same way there are (tractor, horse, deer, falling rock, bridges freezing, amish, school bus, and children playing signs in designated areas!!!!!!

UglyMotha™
06-08-2004, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Rico
I"m tryin to make us look good UGLY......:grr:

quit yer bichen and vote.....:mad:

:devil: :devil:

:eek: :eek: didn't i mention that was second gear :o

Hotdog
06-08-2004, 11:56 AM
No you did not.
but rico said that you never make it out of second gear:o :o

UglyMotha™
06-08-2004, 12:01 PM
http://www.rangerpowersports.com/forum/images/smilies2/sad2.gif oh sure, lets pick on the little guy now

:devil:

06-08-2004, 12:09 PM
personally..i think an ATV is safer on the road then a motorcycle...why should their be signs saying quads are o nthe road? make signs saying motorycles are on the road...where I live there are alot of country roads & when two cars meet there is little room for error on these & none of them are lined or anything....I feel 300x's safer on my quad on these roads then in my truck b/c I can pull over to the side & have much more room between me & the car...also, what do you think is better on a crash on the road...a motorycle or a sport quad?:confused: this is a controversial subject where everone is going to have their own opinions & people drive reclussly on the road with their ATV's b/c its illegal to be on the road so why not be recless....if they made it legal mostly everyone would be responsible like most are with their crotchrockets but of course your gonna have the few that still drive reclessly but they will eventually be weeded out through Gods plan...

Ryan
06-08-2004, 12:13 PM
I voted no. There is a certain few that would disobey the traffic laws, however they should be tickited if they are caught. Otherwise I don't see much of a problem;) . JMO

Pappy
06-08-2004, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
personally..i think an ATV is safer on the road then a motorcycle...why should their be signs saying quads are o nthe road? make signs saying motorycles are on the road...where I live there are alot of country roads & when two cars meet there is little room for error on these & none of them are lined or anything....I feel 300x's safer on my quad on these roads then in my truck b/c I can pull over to the side & have much more room between me & the car...also, what do you think is better on a crash on the road...a motorycle or a sport quad?:confused: this is a controversial subject where everone is going to have their own opinions & people drive reclussly on the road with their ATV's b/c its illegal to be on the road so why not be recless....if they made it legal mostly everyone would be responsible like most are with their crotchrockets but of course your gonna have the few that still drive reclessly but they will eventually be weeded out through Gods plan...

its already legal to ride an atv on the road in WV as long as its not a "lined" road:o

Tommy 17
06-08-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Jumbo747

wow...

1st off why would u have to put a sign up for a STREET LEGAL vechile like a motorcycle... next why don't we put up a 18 wheeler sign every 100ft and why don't we put up a garbage truck... and then we'll put up the dump truck... and so on...

theres no need for a sign for a motorcycle (streetbike) that has turn signals, road tires, brake lights, etc... quads don't have them...

2nd off a street bike is ALOT safer on the road... go ride ur quad down the road and feel how bad it handles... the geometry of a quad is set up for dirt... and thats it... a bike is made to ride on the roads and half the street bikes out there handle to the point u can do AMAZING super fast speeds...

and the next thing when u said " people drive reclussly on the road with their ATV's b/c its illegal to be on the road so why not be recless" that has got to be the stupidest thing i've ever heard:rolleyes:

personally i think quads should be allowed on the road if u fallow all traffic laws... and go a normal speed for the road... i dunno how many of my friends i watched wreck on roads bc the quad can't handle as good...

Bobbs07
06-08-2004, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
wow...

1st off why would u have to put a sign up for a STREET LEGAL vechile like a motorcycle... next why don't we put up a 18 wheeler sign every 100ft and why don't we put up a garbage truck... and then we'll put up the dump truck... and so on...

theres no need for a sign for a motorcycle (streetbike) that has turn signals, road tires, brake lights, etc... quads don't have them...

2nd off a street bike is ALOT safer on the road... go ride ur quad down the road and feel how bad it handles... the geometry of a quad is set up for dirt... and thats it... a bike is made to ride on the roads and half the street bikes out there handle to the point u can do AMAZING super fast speeds...

and the next thing when u said " people drive reclussly on the road with their ATV's b/c its illegal to be on the road so why not be recless" that has got to be the stupidest thing i've ever heard:rolleyes:

personally i think quads should be allowed on the road if u fallow all traffic laws... and go a normal speed for the road... i dunno how many of my friends i watched wreck on roads bc the quad can't handle as good...

The quad handles awesome with road tires. I had a friend with them on his 400ex. actually was fun to ride. JMO. i can see what you are saying if you have gripping tires it whips you around prettyy hard core.

Doibugu2
06-08-2004, 01:51 PM
If you allow them to be ridden on the road, at least you will have 95% of the people obeying the law. Your always going to have a few yahoo's breaking the law.

I have video proof you where going faster than the posted limit. I had a professional calculated how fast you two were going and it wasn't 35.

I still remember Pappy saying he was in X gear tapped and Doug on his R came ripping by.

p@iNn3ck
06-08-2004, 01:51 PM
Well I voted no.... I know just last week I had to ride mine down the road about 2 miles.... Had to get the truck to the shop and no one was around, so stuck it in the bed and rode it home, and then back up to the shop to pick the truck up..... but then again, I have driven the tractor up to town to get a burger b4. :devil:

UglyMotha™
06-08-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
I have video proof you where going faster than the posted limit. I had a professional calculated how fast you two were going and it wasn't 35.

I still remember Pappy saying he was in X gear tapped and Doug on his R came ripping by.

i could barely see jeff 10ft in front of me let alone a speed limit sign :o

06-08-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Doibugu2

Speed limit was 55 and we were close to that I"m sure..:D If my eye's weren't watering so bad from the wind I coulda seen my trail tech..:o

Motoman440
06-08-2004, 02:48 PM
Living in WV and getting to see the local news on how and why wrecks occur the one thing they never mention on a national level is 99% of the time no helmets are being used and alcohol is involved. I have seen parents with two or three kids on the machines with nothing more than t-shirts and shorts on and a cooler on the back as well!!!! Then all the locals wonder why this chit is happening. I think they shoud be allowed on the roads when you obey the laws and have proper gear on. I don't agree with doubling either. If you have been drinking and are pulled over then it's a DUI just as if its in a car!!! A few bozo'z are ruining a good thing for the WV economy and the local riders but thats the way it is for now.

Pappy - Kanawha County passed a county law that does not allow ATV's on any county road paved and lined or not. The legislature gave this authority to the county governments after they passed the very broad bill of no ATV's on lined roads!!! Any changes up your way with the county??? Anyone else hear of these changes in your respective county???

Ya know I was out at Waterways a week ago with Wyndzer and crew and my Ranger buddy came flying out of the office with a deputy. Some dude had already been drinkin and went in to buy his pass. They smelled the alcohol and proceeded to search their car and they too had a cooler on the machine ready to go. The Ranger and deputy dumped the beer and made the guys wait about an hour before they could ride. I asked my Ranger buddy what the fine was and he said its $500.00 if they catch on the trails with it. He said they only warned this guy who was from out-of-state. This is the kind of chit they won't put up with. Then people wonder why we have the laws in place that we now have??? Go figure!!! Save it for after the ride.

Just my 2 cents. Sorry about having to vent but I see it all to often.

06-08-2004, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Motoman440
Save it for after the ride.

I have no choice. I"ve yet to find a quad big enough to haul my beer cooler....:eek2: :eek2:

brian-250
06-08-2004, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Rico
I have no choice. I"ve yet to find a quad big enough to haul my beer cooler....:eek2: :eek2:

they dont make them that big:o

UglyMotha™
06-08-2004, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by brian-250
they dont make them that big:o

Rico's beer cooler is a must see, i could have slept in it with more than enough room to spare :o

400exrules
06-08-2004, 03:27 PM
man thats lame as hell, any motorized vehicle is potentialliy dangerous. WE ARE SURROUNDED by danger. Every few seconds there is a car wreck somehwere in the world, but it takes one atv wreck to get all over the news, ppl blabbin out ATVS ARE BAD, news reporters bringin up the ozzy ozbourne deal, it never ends. Quads are as safe as the person operating it wishes for it to be. If there is a quad wreck 9 times outta 10 its the operators fault, not the machines, so why not let them on the road with all the motorcycles. I think quads are safer on the road then a 5,000 pound car. They can handle the road and high speeds as well as the bikes with alittle work on them. YES they are meant for offroad but they should be allowed on the road with minor mods, (blinkers, brake lights, licence plate, speedometer, etc.)

brian-250
06-08-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by UglyMotha™
Rico's beer cooler is a must see, i could have slept in it with more than enough room to spare :o

for some reason a coke delivery truck comes to mind:blah: