PDA

View Full Version : my wife naked

trout
06-08-2004, 07:41 AM
made ya look :blah:

Could some please tell me where to read/ or explain to me some simple jetting?

Explain the numbers, bigger numbers mean more flow or less flow. little numbers mean richer or leaner? Could anyone tell me what would be a good starting place for my main and pilot at 6000 ft with pea shooter out and airbox lid off??????????? PLEASE!!!

Stock jetting it works fine at 6000 ft. with the exhaust cap off, but will bog and die with airbox lid off.

Please help.

thanks
trout

daddio
06-08-2004, 07:47 AM
OK, I bit on this one.
bigger numbers = bigger hole = more fuel.
look here for really good jetting info
http://www.bluetraxx.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=29319

trout
06-08-2004, 07:52 AM
thanks man!

so does bogging and dieing at half throttle with the airbox lid off and end cap off mean the engine is getting more air and needs more gas so I need a bigger main jet?? what about the pilot?

thanks
trout

Crayfish
06-08-2004, 08:27 AM
I have no experience with the 450, but generally speaking the air fuel screw controls idel to like 1/8 throttle. 1/8 to 1/2 is pilot, and 1/2 to full is main jet. Your needle also comes into play but I forget right now what area it effects. But generally when you move the clip down, you move the needle up, which allows more fuel in earlier = richer. Move the clip up = move needle down = less fuel = leaner. Hope this helps.

So I would guess you will need a bigger main jet along with moving your clip on your needle down one spot. It may take a while to get it right but you will.

Shawn H
06-08-2004, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by trout
thanks man!

so does bogging and dieing at half throttle with the airbox lid off and end cap off mean the engine is getting more air and needs more gas so I need a bigger main jet?? what about the pilot?

thanks
trout

Yea you are sucking in way MORE air now and need to increasse the fuel as well.

Shawn H
06-08-2004, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by snowgasm
Yea you are sucking in way MORE air now and need to increasse the fuel as well.
Pilot should be just fine the 450r runs lean from factory with a 118 main jet thats why your sputtering need to go fatter on the main

redroost85
06-08-2004, 09:39 AM
:grr: Dammit trout...ya got me all excited there! :devil:

What these guys said above is all right on...........now let's discuss these naked pics ya got!:p

trout
06-08-2004, 09:46 AM
Thanks for the info guys! so what is the stock main jet? and how much should I go up, 2 sizes? three? what is a size.

also the pilot you said is 118, lean from the factory, so why would I leave it the same wouldnt I have to go UP with it too?

thanks
Trout

Shawn H
06-08-2004, 09:53 AM
NO
Sorry the main jet is a 118
the pilot is a 48
I would at least try a 140 or so and keep going up until it sputters and then back down a jet size. they are usually increments of 5 in sizes but it varies.

Many people have not messed with there pilot circuit but I went to a 52 pilot. 190 main 4th clip on HRC needle

sparky450AR
06-08-2004, 02:10 PM
Trout, i removed my "pea shooter" and it has that crack because of the pipe on the very end. It like goes in around the circle, and creates a crack sound that i cant stand. Im thinking about just cutting that off, because it sounds real deep and throaty untill it starts cracking. Just a temp fix before i get a pipe. What do you think?

daddio
06-08-2004, 02:13 PM
WHERE ARE THE NAKED PICTURES YOU PROMISED???????????:devil:

trout
06-08-2004, 02:15 PM
yes! I hear the cracking noise as well, I thought it was just engine sound, my cannondale made so many crazy engine sounds ive come to be used to them, but I did hear that, Maybe it is the end cap causing it..............................???

im gettin slip on someday soon, and taking off the airbox lid and then my friends I probably will not do anything to it besides nerfs and handle bars and stuff like that.

My personal preference is to leave the ineternals stack for reliability, but thats just me.

but yes to the cracking deep noise.

torut

06-08-2004, 02:34 PM

My personal preference is to leave the ineternals stack for reliability, but thats just me.

but yes to the cracking deep noise.

trout yes..i agree with leaving mine stock too b/c I cant afford to dish out alot of money & time of not riding & then maybe for something to go on later...anyways, i also hear that cracking noise on my high revs & it is annoying...how could you cut that exhaust off...what kinda blade?

trout
06-08-2004, 03:24 PM
jumbo 747
Dont cut your exhaust! You can just remove the End cap, I think that will help.

However if you did want to cut your exhaust I would use a Sawzaw with ans aluminum blade. BUt not Adviseable.

Trout

sparky450AR
06-08-2004, 04:08 PM
jumbo 747
Dont cut your exhaust! You can just remove the End cap, I think that will help.

However if you did want to cut your exhaust I would use a Sawzaw with ans aluminum blade. BUt not Adviseable.

Trout

I took off the end cap, but the main popping sound was still there. I think its the part on the very end of the pipe, that juts in. You know, where the diameter gets smaller, and its hollow in there.

trout
06-08-2004, 04:22 PM
yeah I see what your saying.............I think our answer is to wait for a slip-on to fit into our budgets or put the spark arrestor back in.

Im gonna leave it as is till I buy a slip on, probably in two weeks when my next paycheck gets deposited.

trout

roughrider01
06-08-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Crayfish
I have no experience with the 450, but generally speaking the air fuel screw controls idel to like 1/8 throttle. 1/8 to 1/2 is pilot, and 1/2 to full is main jet. Your needle also comes into play but I forget right now what area it effects. But generally when you move the clip down, you move the needle up, which allows more fuel in earlier = richer. Move the clip up = move needle down = less fuel = leaner. Hope this helps.

So I would guess you will need a bigger main jet along with moving your clip on your needle down one spot. It may take a while to get it right but you will.

Very close on the what controls what, this explains it in more detail, very helpful too.

Read this (http://www.dynojet.com/motorjet.shtml)

snow4fun
06-12-2004, 03:19 PM
Trout,

If you are going to ride with the air box lid off @ 6,000 feet, I would start out around 175. I run at 5,000 feet and have the HRC kit installed, am running the HRC air box lid, a UNI filter, Bill Ballance HMF full pipe that is totally awesome and I am currently at 180 on the main but I think I may have to go up to 182. Anyway if you start around 175 or 178 you should be close at that elevation if you are running without the lid.

Later Scott