PDA

View Full Version : 400ex Ladies advice please

hapychap
06-08-2004, 05:50 AM
[COLOR=crimson]:)

Hey Ladies and gals out there.

I would like some advice please. My wife is a damn good rider and there is many a man in our city who avoid her on the trails because they can't keep up with her.

She is a sexy lady with bubbly personality until she starts up her "steed" or Prescilla as she calls 'her' (Prescilla Queen of the Desert) and then it is all hands for themself and see you at the winning line.

Anyway, I am busy rebuilding her bike and want it to be as good as new with allot more sting to it when it is finished. She rides like a butterfly and STINGS like a bee.

The advise I am asking for, is what can i do to "present" the bike as a more "femanin" ride? Just to stir up the 'crowd' a bit. We both love it when the guys all act macho around her and then slink away amongst the dunes when they first "take-it-easy" because there is a women riding along, then shift up a gear when they realise that she is waiting for them and then turn to shock and disbelief when she gets bored and out rides them severely bruising their macho ego's. :macho ;)

Looking forward to your ideas.

QuadJunkies
06-08-2004, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by hapychap
[COLOR=crimson]:)

Hey Ladies and gals out there.

I would like some advice please. My wife is a damn good rider and there is many a man in our city who avoid her on the trails because they can't keep up with her.

She is a sexy lady with bubbly personality until she starts up her "steed" or Prescilla as she calls 'her' (Prescilla Queen of the Desert) and then it is all hands for themself and see you at the winning line.

Anyway, I am busy rebuilding her bike and want it to be as good as new with allot more sting to it when it is finished. She rides like a butterfly and STINGS like a bee.

The advise I am asking for, is what can i do to "present" the bike as a more "femanin" ride? Just to stir up the 'crowd' a bit. We both love it when the guys all act macho around her and then slink away amongst the dunes when they first "take-it-easy" because there is a women riding along, then shift up a gear when they realise that she is waiting for them and then turn to shock and disbelief when she gets bored and out rides them severely bruising their macho ego's. :macho ;)

Looking forward to your ideas. LMAO!!! I just LOVe reading this stuff!!!
WEll, so your looking for a Feminie side to here quad eh??? Well, Dpends on what she likes really.....I wouldnt say mine is "feminine" but it fits a girl rider....I went with Orange ,black and Silver Maier plastic and have custom designed Dragon on mine:blah:
What kind of motor work you wanting to do to the EX??? Ok now.....You know we cant have all this talk about this @$$ kickin ,screamin Demon on a quad w/o pics!!!:macho
Are you wanting to make it looks more like a Race quad,duning quad????If you REALLY want to go Fem....I would go with White Fullbore and Hot pink PC on Frame:D Or Maybe a hot purple

Jackie
06-08-2004, 04:40 PM
I havent found anything femanin about my quad. Youv'e stumped me with that one. You could buy her the pink fox gear for women. Sounds like you should give her the 450r and she'll be a blurrrrrrr.
good luck
ride safe
play safe:p

Lil - Braff
06-08-2004, 05:01 PM
I like Qj idea about the white plastic and pink frame. You could get her some 'girly' stickers to put on there also. Like PINK fox stickers or something. and you could also try to get a special made pink graphic kit. That would be nice!!

I also like Jackie's idea of the pink fox gear. Seems pretty girly to me! lol

or.... you could go with something like I got... :D
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid112/p3279d46382cd9e2b0dd22776c7866be2/f90c46ff.jpg

QuadJunkies
06-08-2004, 11:55 PM
I wish I had a better pic of Mandys R on ice:eek2: that is the SICKEST Feminie looking Quad Ive ever seen!!!:cool: Im not into the pink thing, but I do love hers!!!:blah: http://www.icespeedway.com/mandy.htm

hapychap
06-09-2004, 12:35 AM
Lil - Braf YOU ROCK!!!! I think your idea rules and your "number-plate" is GOLDEN!!!
;)

:p Quadjunkies - I will make a determined effort to get some photo's so you can see 4 yourself when it is cool enough to ride again (If I can catch her - Student advances past teacher) :(
But to answer your questions, I am putting in a 416 high compression piston, with shrouds, pingry high capacity oil tank, have already received the Fullbore Silver race plastics. Still not sure what color to paint her frame though, she does not want pink (She is lady-like not so much girlie), she also suffers a little from arthrites (hereditary) so have a Scott Steering Damper to install. Funny she has mentioned the pinky fox gear so I think it is the way to go. I was looking hard for a women friendly 'chest' body armor but the choices are extremely limited. Luckily for her (not so lucky for me hehe) she is not too "top" heavy so she may just get away with some men's gear. Already got a T4 slip on HMF pipe which made a huge difference.

One of the other ladies who rides with us (she is also getting way too good) also on a 400ex, her husband has the Z400 wich is still stock but is faster on the straights (very few straights - but enough to frustrate her) So I need to get her a little more top end. On the sand trails we ride, there are very few oportunities to make use of the top end, too dangerous, but it will be nice to have something in the "bag" when the oportunities do arise. Torque and response is what our riding is about.

:confused: Graphic kits? Where, who, how, what?

The only serious fall I have seen her have is when she came down a dune, it must have been at a gradient of 40 degrees plus and was the wind blown side of a rocky ridge. We were at least 300m up and another friend on a DS650 Bommie was riding with sand (semi-diggers) rear tires, was trying to ride it out to the top. But the sand breaks away, bike runs out of steam and you have to swing it down before you loose momentum or else you are in serious trouble. At that angle, stoppig or trying to ride all the way down backwards is going to flip the bike over at some point. Anyway this guy really irritates the wife so she will NOT be bested by him, even if it kills her. So she puts everything into it to out do him so she blasts up the dune, manages to beat him by 2 or 3 meters and has to swing down as you just can't go any higher without hitting the rocks. She miscalculated though and still had too much momentum which meant that even with all 4 wheels locked, at the momentum and gradient of the slope, the top layer of the sand "breaks-away" I guess like a snow avelanche would (not that I have seen snow but do watch national Geographic LMHO) and there is now way she is going to stop. There is also little tufts of camel grass on the slop and there is no way you can miss them all so with the speed increasing, the slope, she was thrown off the saddle and her boot got caught in her nerf bar and she was dragged behind the bike down the dune a good 30 or 40 meters to a flat "step" like section. Thank goodness she did have ridding boots on or her leg would have been broken in at least 3 places. :eek2:

But she got up, a little battered, ego a little bruised, laughed and I could see in her eyes though that it was worth it cause she had beaten the other guy and in her mind ALL WORTH It. She scares me sometimes but I love her to bits for it. :blah:

QuadJunkies
06-09-2004, 12:47 AM
LOL...I get my ole Man Nail biting sometimes when I race so I can relate and Im sure he can also!!!:p ?heres some pics of the custom ones I had made for mine.I too have Silver Plastic....nice choice........:D :cool: BTW.... I wear Orange and black Shift Gear.Its nice color for a Women to wear I think.........:) Shes gonna love having some power on here EX!!! I love my 426.....But still Jonesin for MORE.........:macho http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid78/p8c07141c0160f32dbfddcd8121a2e843/fb295cd6.jpg

QuadJunkies
06-09-2004, 12:48 AM
````http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid77/p489a52b58aabb1921cce4b60ea181715/fb398ade.jpg

QuadJunkies
06-09-2004, 12:48 AM
:blah: http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid77/pec2d62149aefa3a7b6ce246877bca121/fb3b5110.jpg

QuadJunkies
06-09-2004, 12:49 AM
:) http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid77/p62f20ac0b97cfa507c4194c133f58668/fb3b5119.jpg

QuadJunkies
06-09-2004, 12:49 AM
I like it cause no one else has the same look......;) http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid77/p62335dedd6adb1b608146fddcd58dff0/fb3b5130.jpg

hapychap
06-09-2004, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
I like it cause no one else has the same look......;) http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid77/p62335dedd6adb1b608146fddcd58dff0/fb3b5130.jpg

:D I think you may be right there. It looks way cool and custom.

I know M's will be unique in this country as well and I am actually more excited about her bike than my new one. :(

I am also looking for options on shocks, want to replace the stocks which need to be replaced anyway.

Who did your grafix? :cool:

QuadJunkies
06-09-2004, 10:20 AM
FTG Graphics done mine.....http://www.fueltechgraphics.com/

They were kinda spendy but worth it ......:) Then I had Cascade Innovations make a seat to Matchhttp://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid63/pfd7b4215463abfd4cc9419f012dd3745/fc0c208c.jpg

Lil - Braff
06-09-2004, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by hapychap
Lil - Braf YOU ROCK!!!! I think your idea rules and your "number-plate" is GOLDEN!!!
;)

But she got up, a little battered, ego a little bruised, laughed and I could see in her eyes though that it was worth it cause she had beaten the other guy and in her mind ALL WORTH It. She scares me sometimes but I love her to bits for it. :blah:

Thanks! I think the license plate helps keeping some of the guys off of my quad. lol

I think your wife sounds like a typical female rider. (not in a bad way) but like she will push herself to the limits to beat that one specific guy. Plus she has her hubby bitting his nails. I think those are 2 things that ALL girl riders have in common. lol

Lil - Braff
06-09-2004, 10:39 AM
BTW....QJ.... I LOVE the orange and silver!! Very nice!

QuadJunkies
06-09-2004, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Lil - Braff
BTW....QJ.... I LOVE the orange and silver!! Very nice! Thanks!!!:)

dirtmomma
06-09-2004, 11:07 AM
Well the Purple/pink FOX gear is a good choice :blah: thats what I wear, I also run pink/purple barbie tassles on my handlebars :p w/ pink grips, if I had my way I would have pink plastics but just can't seem to find any :( so one of these days I hope to have a pink frame w/ white plastics!! OH can't foget the stickers.............GIRLS KICK ***, NOT JUST BOYZ RIDE BADAZZ TOYZ, GIRLS LIKE IT DIRTY thats what I got on my quads hehe

Jackie
06-09-2004, 06:35 PM
where did you find stickers like this? I want some for my daughter to put on her 250ex. Are they very easy to read? m_n have a hard time paying attention let alone reading while moving. LOL
ride safe

dirtmomma
06-10-2004, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Jackie
where did you find stickers like this? I want some for my daughter to put on her 250ex. Are they very easy to read? m_n have a hard time paying attention let alone reading while moving. LOL
ride safe

Well I got those @ our local bike shops, but you can also go to www.stickemup.com they have a TON of stickers!! ;)

Lil - Braff
06-10-2004, 01:21 PM
DirtMomma... those stickers ROCK!! I also like the flashy vavle caps!

Out_Sider
06-10-2004, 02:42 PM
well, im not a ladie...but at my next race im gonna be running a naked barbie doll on the front of my ac bumper...i think it gives it a stripper apperance :blah:

dirtmomma
06-10-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Lil - Braff
DirtMomma... those stickers ROCK!! I also like the flashy vavle caps!

Yeah I run those valve caps in red on my 300 they look cool @ night :)

QuadJunkies
06-11-2004, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Out_Sider
well, im not a ladie...but at my next race im gonna be running a naked barbie doll on the front of my ac bumper...i think it gives it a stripper apperance :blah: LMAO!!!!!!:devil:

I think my quad looks pretty sexy right now with a set of hoosiers on it......:cool: Im gonna give them a try tomorrow at my race......:D

dirtmomma
06-11-2004, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
LMAO!!!!!!:devil:

I think my quad looks pretty sexy right now with a set of hoosiers on it......:cool: Im gonna give them a try tomorrow at my race......:D

Are you stealing your hubby's tires/wheels LOL it's ALL GOOD it looks GREAT!! GOOD LUCK racing this weekend go out & kick some azzzzzzzzzzz, tell Sis too also ;);):blah: :macho

hapychap
06-12-2004, 05:17 AM
:) Hey Jackie, I started off asking for some advice not a man bashing debate!!!! ;)

QJ Glad I am not in your part of the world racing against you, it's bad enough that my wife whips my azzz :mad:

Dirtmomma - sounds like some :devil: hurt you bad!!!!

:eek: Out_sider - In our part of the world a naked barby could get us some jail time. If we get to see a womens eyes it is considered stripping hehehehe the ladies have it rough here!! :blah:

So just to summarize, pinky girlie foxy clothes, some man "hateing" stickers and some girlie graphix? You all recon that is the way to go?
:confused:
;) :D

Jackie
06-12-2004, 06:21 AM
ride safe
play safe
:p

hapychap
06-12-2004, 06:58 AM
ride safe
play safe
:p [COLOR=skyblue][COLOR=skyblue][COLOR=skyblue]

You are going to have to eloborate on those comments? ;)

Jackie
06-12-2004, 07:13 AM
sorry.....I have to wash my quad..
have a nice day:D

hapychap
06-12-2004, 07:27 AM
sorry.....I have to wash my quad..
have a nice day:D

You betcha!!!!:D

QuadJunkies
06-12-2004, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
Well the Purple/pink FOX gear is a good choice :blah: thats what I wear, I also run pink/purple barbie tassles on my handlebars :p w/ pink grips, if I had my way I would have pink plastics but just can't seem to find any :( so one of these days I hope to have a pink frame w/ white plastics!! OH can't foget the stickers.............GIRLS KICK ***, NOT JUST BOYZ RIDE BADAZZ TOYZ, GIRLS LIKE IT DIRTY thats what I got on my quads hehe And we did just that!!!:blah: I took 2nd in the haet race and 2nd in the main... I lost to a guy with a KFX400 with a CR500 motor in it....:eek: He wheelied a bit but kept it down and held a good line so I couldnt pinch him off on the inside...... A YFZ Pro Rider( we didint have neough Pro this wk so they ran him at the back of us Rushed me on a corner but went into it way too hot and flipped:eek2: ..I guess that just shows you being more smotth and consisntent and holding a line sometimes work better........:D
Kelsey ROCKED last night!!! 1st time with that motor and right at the checker she took 1st:cool: Austin on his Pedator is a hard one to compete with its good cause it puches them BOTH more...;) She did blow one corner going into it too hot but still cuaght up and won......Im really proud of her...... I wish some of my pics turned out but this is all I have.... My batteries were dead during the race......:mad:
Me and Sis gearing up and Exrider BlueZ440

QuadJunkies
06-12-2004, 10:05 AM
Kelsey ( LilQJ):)

dirtmomma
06-13-2004, 09:42 AM
Hey I take it you didn't like the Hoosiers???????? GOOD JOB both of you CONGRATS HAHA aobut the pro guy, yep consistensy(sp) pays off!! We went riding w/ a group from ATV Connection yesterday & had a great time went on some nasty, rocky(the size of VW's),muddy,wet trails but I only got stuck on some rocks a couple times since I was the only one w/ 18" rear tires, I will be finding some 20's for trails :rolleyes: BUT my lil ol 300 kept right up w/ them 400's hehe I was @ the front of the pack w/ the faster riders right on thier azzes so I'm very happy w/ the rebuild now I think it's gonna do ALOT better ont he track. Not racing now due to we have to save some $$ for Wallace Id but once we get back I hope to get it out on a track we'll just have to see.

QuadJunkies
06-14-2004, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
Hey I take it you didn't like the Hoosiers???????? GOOD JOB both of you CONGRATS HAHA aobut the pro guy, yep consistensy(sp) pays off!! We went riding w/ a group from ATV Connection yesterday & had a great time went on some nasty, rocky(the size of VW's),muddy,wet trails but I only got stuck on some rocks a couple times since I was the only one w/ 18" rear tires, I will be finding some 20's for trails :rolleyes: BUT my lil ol 300 kept right up w/ them 400's hehe I was @ the front of the pack w/ the faster riders right on thier azzes so I'm very happy w/ the rebuild now I think it's gonna do ALOT better ont he track. Not racing now due to we have to save some $$ for Wallace Id but once we get back I hope to get it out on a track we'll just have to see. Yeah, the track wasnt really in the need for the hoosiers afterall and Troy didnt want to get them all dirty..LOL....:rolleyes: Troy told me the other night after taping the race that he doesnt know if he wants to raace me now....LOL... I would love to give him a run for his money ONE TIME this series..... Thats great the Ex is keepin up with the pack!!:macho We are meeting up with some riders from AtvConnection , AtvNation , WyDuners and Predatorowners.com this wk end.Im looking forward to meeting some new riders.....:) Glad you had a good time......;)