PDA

View Full Version : 400ex Front Shocks?? For wifes bike.

hapychap
06-08-2004, 05:12 AM
:confused:

I am busy overhauling my wifes bike to look and work like new with alot more "kick" to it.

She is still running Stock front shocks but they are 3 years old already and as the bike is in pieces now I want to replace them.

However I do not have the type of money for Elka's or Ohlins and in our part of the world we have to import anything which is not stock.

She weighs in at 62kg and as we ride in the desert it is mostly sand and dunes with lots of jumps and big drop offs. Dunes also tend to be 'sharp' on the approach especialy when "hitting" them at speed.

So what shocks would you recomend for her? What is not going to kill the budget? rebuildable would probably be the best as the stock's are un-servicable sealed units?

What will take the "punishment" from the type of terrain we ride, because she makes alot of men cower when they see her ride, so she is no "weakend-type-rider". Sand is also very fine so gets in everywhere and acts as "sand paper". Do have outer-wears on but the fine stuff still gets in everywhere.

was reading on here that PEPS are good but have no idea of the price and it seems that the waiting could take forever especially as it is summer season and we are not "domestic" customers? Our riding time is limited to the winter months as it is way to hot here to ride in summer (105*F - 120*F) so I do not want to waste the limited ride time in the cooler months waiting for shocks. Only have 3 more months to finish the project.

Maybe some ladies out there could also give me some ideas on what I could do on her bike to set it apart just that little bit more, she is a lady after all but the quote "Move like a butterfly, sting like a bee" definately applies and we both enjoy watching the lads faces when they try to ride with her or out ride her. Kind of want the bike to look "femanine" before she kicks sand in their faces and see them cowering and disappearing into the sand and dunes as they slink away with bruised ego's at being beetin by a women, and sexy 'lady' looking as well. :devil: ;)

06-08-2004, 06:01 AM
get some works off ebay...they are awesome

hondarider2006
06-09-2004, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
get some works off ebay...they are awesome

If you can, find some Elkas on e-bay:)