View Full Version : Frame & Front/Side Plastics

tinytim
06-08-2004, 04:47 AM
Frame & Front/Side Plastics needed. Will pay 1/2 of Service Honda new price for used parts (no bent frames-they are too hard to fix).

Need top engine cover, too. Brake handle, too...........

Service Honda:
Frame $470
Engine cyl cover $133
Front plactics: $68 + $30 +$7+$7 (light did not break!)
Side plastics: $32 + $32
Misc...........................................

Any other ideas you may have (to fix her up), let me know.

tprender
06-08-2004, 06:08 AM
I have a '99 frame that is good, but I want $350 plus shipping for it. I also have 2 complete sets of yellow Maier plastic with red sides. The top area has been cut for the IMS gas tank, $100 each. when you are talking about eng cover, are you talking about the plastic piece between the tank and the engine. why I ask I am selling/parting out my 400 with everything.

tinytim
06-08-2004, 03:55 PM
Just a little more than I wanted to go for a frame, but it seems like a sellers' market for them.

Not sure what the plastics you have (Maier) look like, but I'm looking for stock red (to match rear).

The cover is a engine cylinder cover that is bolted to the frame (and breaks-off on impact).

Thank for your offer, though.

tprender
06-09-2004, 05:46 AM
Are you talking about the plastic piece that goes under the engine on the bottom of the frame? If you are I have a full belly pan that covers the frame from the bumper to the rear of the frame. It is plastic, but I am not sure who made it. It works great and has not broken, and I have hit some big rocks. If this is what you want $25 with shipping.

tinytim
06-09-2004, 04:04 PM
No, this is actually a machined engine cylinder cover. Honda threads the engine and frame together. A front end inpact, (in my case) borke the cylinder cover, a $132 part!