PDA

View Full Version : Playing with pipes

s-10s_rule
06-08-2004, 12:26 AM
I'm just wanting some input on some options that I have. Right now I have a powerbomb header and powercore 4 silencer, I also have a stock headpipe that I am willing to grind the welds in, and was wondering if I should invest in a new silencer like a Sparks slip on or any other brand. I am looking at buying a Heterick Racing slip on and was wondering if I should use the powerbomb header, stock header, or buying the header that is made for the slip on that I buy. How good do the powerbomb headers really work, are they better than a stock header with the welds grinded? I have a 416 as it says in my signature and am just wondering what all of you have saw out there as to power gains with different pipes and headers. Do any of you think it would be worth my money to change my setup? Is there any power gains with removing the spark arrestor in the Powercore silencer? Thanks.

Toadz400
06-08-2004, 06:32 AM
If you are looking for more power, go with the full system. It should work well with your 416. I recommend the Sparks X-6 exhaust, unless you are looking for more bottom end go with the X-4.

cals400ex
06-08-2004, 06:36 AM
i have a feeling the power bomb would be alittle better than stock. i don't know this for a fact, but it seems that way. i see a few people on here running it with good luck. honestly, if i was to get a new pipe, i would just go out and get complete system from one company. i am sure a hetrick complete, lrd complete, sparks complete, etc would be fine. my buddy is running a complete sparks x-4 on his bike that is set up very very similar as yours and that x-4 woke his bike up more than my x-6 did on my bike. i think the x-6 is just to dang big. however, right now it is in the process of getting coated because i have a stainless steel pipe and the exhaust velocity will increase after they are coated. so, maybe this is why mine isn't as good as my buddies x-4.

s-10s_rule
06-15-2004, 11:36 PM
Thanks for the info guys

TC426EX
06-16-2004, 05:15 AM
Yeah, I say X-6 with your 416. Sparks doesnt make a slip on like you were inquiring about earlier. If you want to use that stock headpipe, and you race then you could get the TC pipe and saw 5" off of your stock silencer. If you ride recreationally or woods, this pipe will be TOO loud....

speedy400
06-16-2004, 06:42 PM
I have a well done 416, I have it ported and polished, FCR 39mm, hot cam, JE 10.8 to 1 comp. piston, I have a powerbomb header with a HMF slip on, I think my setup works awesome, I havnt really tried anyother setups so I cant compair but I think this setup works just great. The header is bigger than stock and has a diffrent bend where it comes dual off the motor, then a more high-flow collecter (where the dual pipes goes into 1).-darren