PDA

View Full Version : need computer help...asap

Pvt. Maggot
06-07-2004, 10:00 PM
hey...someone helppp...my computers being super gay...all these black windows pop up when i log on my name...then if i try and open a program it does the same thing...i'm so confused lol...so someone please help and ideas on what it could be? let me know...thanks..

zephead400ex
06-08-2004, 01:31 PM
black windows? hmm...that tells me nothing. What are located within these windows? Did you install/uninstall anything prior to this happening? Do you have an antivirus program? Have you scanned with it? Did it find anything?

Sorry man, need more info.

DillonTMNT
06-08-2004, 02:03 PM
also Operating system? I am guessing this is dial up because you said log on..or does this happen when you restart your computer and these pop up before windows loads? like Zep said we need more info...and if possible screen shots. Does it say a error? if it does what is that error message? Like I always suggest...get a good adware/spyware and anti virus scanners...yes you need all three. Also get the google tool bar with pop up blocker.

-Dillon

Pvt. Maggot
06-08-2004, 11:06 PM
i found out what it is but i don't know how to fix it...its the w32/pate virus...any idea how to get rid of it? thanks alot..

p@iNn3ck
06-09-2004, 07:50 AM
is it pate.a or .b?

heres a link to .a
http://us.mcafee.com/virusInfo/default.asp?id=description&virus_k=99690