PDA

View Full Version : ???'S About airbox mods

MadcapEX
03-24-2002, 07:04 AM
I've seen some posts about removing and plugging the snorkle on the airbox,what does this accomplish?I tried running with no lid(had it jetted perfect)BUT when I washed the quad,I got tons of mud in the airbox,would plugging the snorkel remedy this?
Oh yeah,the mud was NOT in the box before I washed it.
Thanks for imput!

03-24-2002, 08:28 AM
if you ride near any water, or even lots of dust, i would not reccomend removing your snorkel or your lid. just get a higher flowing filter, and if you really want more flow, try some airbox vents

MadcapEX
03-25-2002, 04:31 AM
I have a K&N,Dude thanks for the help but that really doesnt answer my question.:confused: :)

Leo
03-25-2002, 04:50 AM
if your riding in a lot of mud w/out the airbox lid, your going to get lots of crap in your airbox... regardless if the snorkel is on or removed and the hole plugged.

when running without a lid most folks remove the snorkle and plug the hole because it's not doing anything..

Leo

MadcapEX
03-25-2002, 04:55 AM
THATS what I wanted to know! Thanks Leo!!:D

ChadEXer
03-25-2002, 08:20 AM
You could do the airbox mod thats in the reviews section with the outerwears cover that way you wouldnt sacrific as much airflow and still keep junk out of the box!

MadcapEX
03-25-2002, 02:34 PM
I am considering it but everybody is so down on the outerware deal even done using the existing lid as a holddown,I hate doin stuff that will give me problems. I probably try it. THANKS