PDA

View Full Version : OMA Round 3- Morrison, IL

foxracingpredat
06-07-2004, 07:50 PM
The third round of the OMA Nationals Xc series was held at Morrison, Il and this course lived up to its quote "America's Toughest Race." Well i wouldnt say its the Toughest Race but it can rank up there with most of the GNCC'S. Since the Midwest has been basically rained out the last couple weeks the course was really wet and there was 3 creek crossings where the water came up close to the seat! Damn it sucked with the worn out stock tires on my predator, and after getting 2nd out of the Holeshot in B class everything went down hill from there. At the end of the first lap I tried to cross the last creek in the deepest part(which i didnt know before I plunged into it) and after watching my helmet cam the official time being stuck was 12 minutes and 34 seconds, which put me in dead last. I was finally able to get up an alright pace and passed quite a few people before the end of race, and also there was a lot of people that DNF'ed. I didn;t stay for results so I dont know what place I got, but i Know there was a ton of Exriders members there so lets here how you did. Too bad my digital camera wasnt working or I could of had tons of great pics:mad:

parkers30
06-08-2004, 03:30 PM
I was going to go but had to work AGAIN, sounds like a good thing I didn't go....

Carl Nevins
06-08-2004, 06:57 PM
are either of you guys going to splinter creek the 13th in fosterburg,il?

parkers30
06-08-2004, 07:32 PM
info? I know its not an OMA or MXC race is it d-17 or what?

powerstroke
06-09-2004, 11:07 AM
I was there and had a good time. I like the tracks up there. There were a few water crossings but they actually werent that bad. I thought the track for "the race" that I went to up there a couple years ago was MUCH more difficult. The dust in the fields was definitely a bummer though. I raced pro and i believe I was in 3rd or 4th overall when i broke down about 3/4 of the way through the race. there was a bad bottleneck with some lappers in the creek section and I jumped off early to get around and found some REAL DEEP WATER. the ol yammy sucked a crankcase full of water :mad: lol. Matt

Carl Nevins
06-09-2004, 05:04 PM
parkers there web site is splintercreekdirtriders.com, it is distrcict 18 but they don't make you have a dist. card. it's about 30min north of st.louis and about 1 1/2 hrs south of springfield.

foxracingpredat
06-09-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Crrl Nevins
are either of you guys going to splinter creek the 13th in fosterburg,il?

I wont be there, I am gonna be racing a D-16 race.

foxracingpredat
06-09-2004, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by powerstroke
I was there and had a good time. I like the tracks up there. There were a few water crossings but they actually werent that bad. I thought the track for "the race" that I went to up there a couple years ago was MUCH more difficult. The dust in the fields was definitely a bummer though. I raced pro and i believe I was in 3rd or 4th overall when i broke down about 3/4 of the way through the race. there was a bad bottleneck with some lappers in the creek section and I jumped off early to get around and found some REAL DEEP WATER. the ol yammy sucked a crankcase full of water :mad: lol. Matt

wat quad where you on?

powerstroke
06-09-2004, 10:17 PM
a white yfz. Number 13

yfz450xc
06-10-2004, 04:31 AM
Yea powerstroke rode the white one stuck in the mud or was it a brown one man I cant even remember now was it the one with the tires facing up ??????? LOl
Stuff happens when your up front huh Powerstroke
see I dont have that problem in back LOL:D

Doibugu2
06-10-2004, 08:57 AM
I was there and ran C. Didn't do very well, but finished. Those crossings looked worse then they really wore.

It was a good time, track was pretty much the same as last year though.

parkers30
06-10-2004, 05:45 PM
just found out my riding buddy went and won the 30+ class by eight minutes :eek: and that the kid fromChuck Quad track got like 4th in C good job ot them :D wish I could have gone :mad:

powerstroke
06-11-2004, 02:55 PM
it was right side up......just surrounded by lots of water.......lol:D

RobZ_450R
06-12-2004, 08:52 AM
Yeah I was there. I didn't think the crossings were bad at all. It does help that I walked the track and figured out the best places to cross the creeks. I was in the lead of the Pro class at the end of the first lap. Got passed on the second lap when I had a flat and stuck my front tire on a tree in a corner. I walked from 3rd place with about a 2 min lead. My pit crew was a little lacking and I left the pits in 5th. I quickly passed 4th and then caught up to 3rd. We got stuck behind a moron lapper that stuck his Crapter on a tree for about 2 min. Finally got around 3rd when he pitted for fuel (I love my fuel efficient 450R). 1st place rider pulled off with a flat and he had no spares. Was not able to catch the leader (I needed a full 2 hours to catch him). Took 2nd place for the day. Results:

1. Kevin Tinsly
2. me (Rob Zimmerman)
3. Curt DeMay