PDA

View Full Version : 300ex needs more power!!!

4wheelboy
06-07-2004, 06:44 PM
i was either thinking a 330 kit or puting a 350x engine in there.
i need more power on the track in the straights im geting killed. so wut i wnated to know is with would be a better idea get a 350x engine or get a 330 kit i want to to stay as cheap as possible and stay on pump gas. also how hard are 350x conversions ? :confused: and could i just buy the 330 sleave and piston from like gt thunder or profab and get a machine shop around here to press the sleeve in an all that stuff. also wuts a good cam for mx racing:confused: thanks

300exOH
06-07-2004, 10:11 PM
I'm almost sure gt thunder has a 350 kit too. I'd give em a call. Everyoine seems to say they are great to deal with and a good turnaround time.

I don't know what cams are best but I know it depends on exactly what you ride and whether you want to spend the extra cash for valve springs/rockers or if you just want a drop in cam.

Lil - Braff
06-07-2004, 10:39 PM
I got a 330 in mine and I like it. Bradley300 has a 350 in his (I think both were done at GTthunder) and you can tell a difference. I'd say go with the 350 and with GTthunder. Really nice people and will get it done pretty quick. Hope it works for ya!

bradley300
06-08-2004, 07:48 AM
lil, yours was done by TC Racing;)

theres nothing wrong with buying the kit and putting it together your self, but you will want to send the head to your builder (btw, yes, i highly recomend a GThunder 350) so they can port it so you will get the maximum benefit from the xtra cc.

also a good idea to get a set of air scoops from tinners and /or a good oil cooler

also, dont buy your cam until you have talked to your motor builder about what you are doing with your motor, they can help you decide on a good cam for your application

dirtmomma
06-08-2004, 10:13 AM
WEll we just got done doing mine & it's AWESOME on the trails now!! WE putin a WEB cam 254 grind(#3) hardened rockers, had the head ported, & a 400 carb & it made the BIGGEST difference on the trails haven't raced it yet but now I can keep up w/ my hubby on the 400 ;) I think I may even be able to pull away from him :devil: it didn't cost me that much to do what I did, I paid $60 for the carb, & $125 for the cam & rockers & the porting was free from our sponsor. You can have your stock rockers hardeded also if you can find someone to do it, we were gonna send mine out but ended up getting some different ones in case I want to put it all back to stock..................YEA RIGHT LMAO maybe if I sell it hehehe but I doubt that'll happen it'll get passed down to thekids probably!!

Lil - Braff
06-08-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by bradley300

Oops! Kinda funny... you know more about my bike than I do. :huh lol

4wheelboy
06-08-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by bradley300

theres nothing wrong with buying the kit and putting it together your self, but you will want to send the head to your builder (btw, yes, i highly recomend a GThunder 350) so they can port it so you will get the maximum benefit from the xtra cc.

also a good idea to get a set of air scoops from tinners and /or a good oil cooler

also, dont buy your cam until you have talked to your motor builder about what you are doing with your motor, they can help you decide on a good cam for your application

if i go with gt thunder about how much do u think it would cost all together for the 350 with the porting. and can i get a 11:1 piston and will it run fine on pump gas:confused:

bradley300
06-08-2004, 08:33 PM
the porting is about 200, the piston/sleeve kit ios around 225 i think, plus a cam. yes, you can use an 11:1 compression, thats what i have and it runs GREAT on 92 or 93 octane

4wheelboy
06-09-2004, 02:38 PM
kool thats not that bad:o

4wheelboy
06-11-2004, 10:20 PM
bumps?

cycle pro racing is going to set it up for me

also dose the cam come with the piston and sleeve:confused:

bradley300
06-11-2004, 10:31 PM
the cam will be sold seperate, but yes, gthunder can get you one

JIMFROMTEXCO
06-11-2004, 11:28 PM
ive got the 330 kit in mine im gonna keep it now its way to much to just trade it off for a stocker! what id like to do is get it so i can run pump gas. right now it runs like **** if its not on atleast 104. think im gonna invest in a n oil cooler and see how that works. then if its not enough im gonna double up the head gasket. then a rev box. i hate hitting that rev limiter while its still in the power band. all in all i love this quad alot more then my stock 400 or the blaster.

rollie
06-12-2004, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by 4wheelboy
bumps?

cycle pro racing is going to set it up for me

also dose the cam come with the piston and sleeve:confused:

cycle pros in mass?

thats where i bought my bike....great guys to deal with!!!:D