PDA

View Full Version : Proper rear sag- axis 250R

dawnchris
06-07-2004, 05:46 PM
Just wanna be sure of myself. Got a 250R, 89 stock linkage, Axis shock. It was valved and sprung for 180lb. MX. I'm 215 and racing desert. With the setup as purchased, it sat way low in the rear with me on it. Bottomed too easily, though bumping compression up made it harsh. Adding a good amount of preload, and backing off the compression helped quite a bit, though still not what I expect. Sent the shock to Axis to be dialed in for my weight and riding. They just revalved it, no spring change. I asked them, and they said that for desert and my weight, the current spring is what they recommend. They told me to run it with no preload as well. The problem is that with this spring, and no preload, they bike sags about 5-6 inches when I get on. I'm 2/3 of the way into the travel. I haven't got to ride it yet, as the motor is out, but this just doesn't seem right. INPUT ANYONE?

dawnchris
06-08-2004, 11:51 AM
Nobody?

Pappy
06-08-2004, 12:06 PM
im sure as hell no expert, but the pro bikes ive had dealings with all had a ton of sag in the rear when axis is used.

dawnchris
06-08-2004, 12:18 PM
I'm just wondering if Axis is up on desert settings. I plan to try it like they say, but I know that before I sent it out, it just wouldn't work with that much sag. It only had about 2-3 inches of up travel. That really doesn't do much when you're hitting kickers and such that only use the up travel.

deathman53
06-09-2004, 06:23 PM
if you have 0 preload suspension, ssd, (each company has their own name for it) that would be correct 4-6 inches of sag.