PDA

View Full Version : 400ex stockshocks < Predetor stockers= me wanting new shockers

DangerousDean
06-07-2004, 05:27 PM
Man, this weekend i realized how badly my stock shocks suck. My buddy got a new pred. awhile ago and i finnally got to try it on some whoops and stuff.
Even thoug hthe geometry of the pred sucks, and i actaully couldnt go fast through whoops it felt like i could FLY if i had them on my 400, or if the rider geo on the pred didnt suck so much.

So I think i've decided to get some new shocks for my ex.
Is any after market shockers going to be better then the stocks? Or am i going to have to drop over a grad on shocks ?
What are some choices, i dont really wanna spend over $800 CND.

elkas are more then that i think, unless I got non ressie version which are 850 here.. but thats all they have

what about works or something?

hondarider2006
06-07-2004, 06:40 PM
I got my Elka tripple rates shipped for a little over $900 brand new. Find some on e-bay for cheap, much much better than stockers:cool:

redroost85
06-07-2004, 08:39 PM
PEP's with cans start at $595....and I think TCS will be around that as well.

Or you can get Works tripples with cans for around $530.

Don't worry man, anything you get is better than the stock chit!;)

DangerousDean
06-07-2004, 11:07 PM
what about with out cans?
or just reg rezzies

how are pep's ? I like the sounds of theyre prices :)

redroost85
06-08-2004, 09:16 AM
Sorry Dean, I think I used a different term....cans and rezzies are them same thing...some people call them different things.;)

Shop around, see what the best deal you can get. If you are not racing or doing consistently hard riding then get non-rezzies. I think Works non-rezzies are around $350 I believe. Whatever you do just make sure that you get them valved for your setup. (i.e. type of riding, make, model, width of arms, weight, etc...)

Give that a go and let us know what you find.:)

cdalejef
06-08-2004, 11:01 AM
Elka triple rate economies retail for $525

DangerousDean
06-08-2004, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by redroost85
Sorry Dean, I think I used a different term....cans and rezzies are them same thing...some people call them different things.;)

Shop around, see what the best deal you can get. If you are not racing or doing consistently hard riding then get non-rezzies. I think Works non-rezzies are around $350 I believe. Whatever you do just make sure that you get them valved for your setup. (i.e. type of riding, make, model, width of arms, weight, etc...)

Give that a go and let us know what you find.:)

the way i see it is cans are remote resivours and rezziez and resivours attached to the shock body...

I think im gonna see what kind deal i can get on PEP's with remote rezzies at my shop....

QuAdEr 317
06-09-2004, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by redroost85
PEP's with cans start at $595....

were can u buy them lik that for $595?

toomeyshee87
06-09-2004, 12:18 PM
anywhere you want......its their basic shock, tripple rate with cans
i think they are called standard race or something? then there are limited mass for 795$ i believe, then there are ZPS for 895$, then ARC for like 1600$?

o ya, the ARC have ZPS dont they?

lil400exman
06-09-2004, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by toomeyshee87
anywhere you want......its their basic shock, tripple rate with cans
i think they are called standard race or something? then there are limited mass for 795$ i believe, then there are ZPS for 895$, then ARC for like 1600$?

o ya, the ARC have ZPS dont they?
the ARC's are the oversized cans and have a slightly higher quality valving. i have not ridden on them but i heard they are some of the best riding shocks built!:eek2:

QuAdEr 317
06-09-2004, 07:57 PM
isnt the wait very long on them?pep triple w/ cans

DangerousDean
06-09-2004, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by QuAdEr 317
isnt the wait very long on them?pep triple w/ cans

WHAT?
is this true ?