PDA

View Full Version : Elka Rear Shock on Houser +1.25" Swinger

quadmxracer
06-07-2004, 02:43 PM
Ok I have a question for you guys. Heres the deal I have 16" Dual Rate Elka Rear (Complete Adjustible). I recently put on a houser +1.25" swinger and have noticed a little problem with how the shock works. I havn't adjusted anything because that way you have something to base from. For example I will extend the shock all the way up by pulling on the grab bar and let it sag out on its own. Then it seems like it catches a little and I have to press down more on the shock to get to go down the rest of the way (probably about 1/4-1/2" at most). After that I took a look at the bottom spring and it appears that it is binding just a little bit not bad. But I was wondering what you guys might think about this and what I could do to remedy this for now untill I have it valved for that swinger. Such as tighting down the spring would that help? Thanks in advance for all help.

-Quadmxracer (Clayton)

TC426EX
06-07-2004, 04:52 PM
Im not too sure man... I DO know that when I got my rear PEP re-done, Mark Baldwin told me that it needed to not only be re-valved, but re sprung as well to perform properly. That little inch and a quarter extension alters the leverage big time apparently... Im not sure if you will be able to get that shock to work for that swingarm or not, and if so, it is especially doubtful that it will be coordinated properly with the fronts. Everyone always raves about how superior elka's turnaround time and customer support is, so I would say send it to them now. Thats just my opinion...

quadmxracer
06-08-2004, 06:56 AM
Thanx paul appreciate it!