PDA

View Full Version : dratv.com TRX90 106cc kit trouble

Oouthere
06-07-2004, 12:56 PM
Just to let anyone considering the installation of the 106cc kit have fair warning. I dropped the piston pin clip into the motor as my paper towels slipped after an hour of trying to install the second one. The stock and aftermarket pins were the same length but they mismachined the piston clip groove not leaving enough room for installation. I cut about .010" off the piston pin and then it fit.

Next the cylinder will not accomodate the emissions pipe from the '04, all of that had to be removed. I could not get the dowel pins to fit but since there was so much cylinder/valve clearance with the bigger bore I set it without the upper pins (the lower pins fit).

The monster camshaft is huge! I think it's about 1/3 larger lift and a much longer duration. IMO you'd have to use the new valve springs as I don't think the stock springs can be compressed that far.

She idles funny at about 2k rpm but drop it in gear and it runs normally, take it out of gear and it will idle normally but not on initial start-up. The power hits at about 50% rpm and runs through the complete range.

Anyway, just a little info.

Rich