PDA

View Full Version : Jack Frost 6/20/03 PA State Rd. 5 Harescramble

jlhughes750
06-07-2004, 12:18 PM
On June 20th, AMA District 6 and BP Promotions is holding round #5 of the PA State Harescramlbe series. The race will be at Jack Frost Ski resorts TRAXX MX park. They have a challenging and technical course with @ 7-8 miles of rocks,roots and hills. Theres a few water crossings and a great high speed Ski slope section for the spectators. They also have the ride park open for the day and we can go out and rub wheels on the MX track afterwards.

Current A class points has some EXRiders members up front.

Chris Borich(gncc04) 34pts.
Jason Hughes(me) 19pts
Todd Rothermel 17pts.
Jarred McLure 14pts.
Rob Hertz 14pts.
Lee Dickerson(treebasher573) 13pts.

C-Ya there

Ryan
06-07-2004, 09:18 PM
I never knew Jack Frost had harescrambles there? I might go and watch. I would like to race but I need to get used to this quad first.

Does Jack Frost have a website?

QuadRacer041
06-08-2004, 03:28 AM
ill be there

06-08-2004, 05:29 AM
i ll be there white z 400 orange frame #52

QuadRacer041
06-08-2004, 05:53 PM
this what ill be riding in 2 stroke b

Kilabanshee
06-08-2004, 06:17 PM
See you there jayson like I usually do at all the races me and you attend. Hopefully we can talk afterwards cause I really never got to talk to you. This week gotta repair my oil tanks and tie rods but should be minimal works from my accident which I got helicoptered out of rausch creek at the exriders ride. Well ill see you there, Best wishes to you jay since ur second in A class. Hope to see some of you members there and hopefully get a few new guys out there cause its a blast!

cdrookie
06-08-2004, 07:24 PM
why does borich have such a commanding lead?:devil:

and let me tell you guys about these dist 6 losers, J and derno.
i'm broke down at foot of the mountain on sunday the 6th half way thru the race. just sitting there along the track. J goes by calling me a POS(haha) and derno drops off his bumper that he broke off. they finish the race and pack up and leave!

i'm waiting for help, eating cicadas and ants, drinking muddy water, just trying to stay alive, hoping some day i'll be rescued. have to break off my alum rad shroud to give a SOS to planes flying high in the sky. and after miles of pushing and pulling the dale thru need deep mud and 3 feet of snow, i hear the roar of the mighty suzuki lt 125 coming to save me! but then realize he's going the wrong way! :D

Kilabanshee
06-08-2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by cdrookie

i'm broke down at foot of the mountain on sunday the 6th half way thru the race. just sitting there along the track. J goes by calling me a POS(haha) and derno drops off his bumper that he broke off. they finish the race and pack up and leave!

i'm waiting for help, eating cicadas and ants, drinking muddy water, just trying to stay alive, hoping some day i'll be rescued. have to break off my alum rad shroud to give a SOS to planes flying high in the sky. and after miles of pushing and pulling the dale thru need deep mud and 3 feet of snow, i hear the roar of the mighty suzuki lt 125 coming to save me! but then realize he's going the wrong way! :D

Now thats funney ***** cd rookie. I met you at road winders I was the tall like 6,2 guys right on the right of you wearing the nikes.

greghall
06-09-2004, 06:38 AM

i'm waiting for help, eating cicadas and ants, drinking muddy water, just trying to stay alive, hoping some day i'll be rescued. have to break off my alum rad shroud to give a SOS to planes flying high in the sky. and after miles of pushing and pulling the dale thru need deep mud and 3 feet of snow, i hear the roar of the mighty suzuki lt 125 coming to save me! but then realize he's going the wrong way! :D I seen you there that sucked,I know what you mean about Chris I tried to get out of his way so fast I got off course & hung up for a second right in front of you!

Ryan
06-09-2004, 10:06 AM
No website for Jack Frost :confused:

cdrookie
06-09-2004, 02:45 PM
greghall what were you riding?

ryan the jack frost website is www.jfbb.com

Ryan
06-09-2004, 03:30 PM

ryan the jack frost website is www.jfbb.com

Thanks!

greghall
06-09-2004, 05:25 PM

ryan the jack frost website is www.jfbb.com A 450R with Summit front bumper stock rims,you were off to the left on the long muddy uphill right?

cdrookie
06-09-2004, 07:06 PM
yep, that was me. just sitting there...
and sitting there...

i'm never gonna let those guys live that down!:devil:

ex kid
06-10-2004, 07:51 AM
i'll be there! it's a rough track ,but it's a good one.

if we go to the Wisp like we're planning it'll be a rough two weekends for my quad.

Ryan
06-10-2004, 05:27 PM
The site didn't tell me this but, do I need a AMA/ATVA card to enter the race?

cdrookie
06-10-2004, 05:43 PM
yes, for all dist 6 and pa state races you need AT LEAST your ama card. some don't ask to see the dist cards.

Kilabanshee
06-10-2004, 07:14 PM
Rookie did you get checked at road winders? They didnot even ask me for my a.m.a or district card they dutchman there usually really gay about having both.

cdrookie
06-10-2004, 07:23 PM
they need your ama card when they swipe your reg. form. or whatever. the dutchman won't let you race without seeing both. derno forgot both his cards at a FOT race and they let him by but his name is on the points sheets. never been to frost, so don't know how strict they are. probably gonna be a big turnout.

Karizz
06-10-2004, 07:28 PM
I should be there if I survive the VA GNCC..;) Im currently 5th in points in the Vet class for the Pa State Harescramble series..Looking forward to this track!

Ryan
06-10-2004, 08:34 PM
How much would a distric 6 card cost? I wouldn't be racing often, so I just want to try it out once.

Kilabanshee
06-10-2004, 08:55 PM
District cards I think are around 10-15 bucks thats what I paid at dutchman for mine. Rookie where you at round 2 at dutchman? I cant recall seeing you at eather of them.

cdrookie
06-11-2004, 02:52 AM
kila, i was in 7th place, i think, that was my first race.

dist cards are $10.

jlhughes750
06-14-2004, 08:37 AM
don't forget;)

Kilabanshee
06-14-2004, 10:33 AM
Jay do you need a pit crew???

jlhughes750
06-14-2004, 11:03 AM
I can always use a hand! C-ya there

Kilabanshee
06-14-2004, 12:13 PM
C-ya there jay let me know where your parking so I can give you a hand unloading and getting ready.

Derno24
06-14-2004, 05:15 PM
Hmmm....Rookie you know I was sitting there reminding the people at Ft you were still out there. All I heard was crap we left one out there. They sprung into action and out they went. Of course there was no one else left, but me and the staff at the course.

I'll be at the frost. Quad #1 for the season is back on the trails. For those not counting. I'll be riding the Z400 with the derno24 seat cover! Ride #2 should be back next week. I just have to get the time to go get it.:blah:

Jay any luck with the nerfs?

jlhughes750
06-15-2004, 08:06 AM
yea, thanks, i found em at Magic!!

Now i just have to finish the side cutter assembly and the smoke screen machine adapter and she's all done. I mounted two 50 cal. gun assemblys on each side with programmable laser tracking devices. I've nicked named one Chris#2 and the other is the Hertzblaster!!:devil: ....... I've also intstalled a sonic rock blasting device thats sends shock waves through out the ground in frt. of the quad pulverizing any rocks in my path!!

I'll be testing all morning at Frost so with anyluck I'll still be alive for the race at 2pm.

see u there!

ex kid
06-15-2004, 10:34 AM
J, pm me if you need nerfs.

i can get AC........

Derno24
06-15-2004, 12:31 PM
Jay the strange part is I actually believe you really installed all of this on the quad. Just make sure to give me the rocket booster for my quad and all will be good. :macho

jlhughes750
06-15-2004, 01:51 PM
I've had the rocket booster on all year, the problem is it only stores enough energy for 1 boost........ this should explain the good starts I have been getting all season. The problem with last weekend at FOM was I had no boost for the 2nd race and was left sitting on the start.

The booster is charged this week though. Jack is a great place to use a good start to your advantage.. its not real tight, yet it still remains unfriendly for passing????? theres alot of hidden stuff in that deer brush!!

I will be up there early on Sunday, I'm gonna be helping out the Finley's with the youth ATV race in the morning. There boys really fast, just needs to get dialed in a lil.

later, J

Derno24
06-15-2004, 03:25 PM
Cool See ya there Jay. I know what you mean about hidden stuff in the brush. 1st time I raced there went to pass a bunch of guys in the brush to find a hidden tree stump. That really hurt!:blah:

jlhughes750
06-16-2004, 12:45 PM
I hope it cools off a lil for the race.

I think I got this YFZ dialed in now. Since the last race I changed the jetting,shock set up,caster, camber, toe and bar height. I got the overheating corrected and will strongly encourage using Evans cooling systems NGKR waterless coolant. I also snagged a pair of these Spider Grips everyone is talking about, there really pretty nice. I have used 1 brand and style of grip for almost 10 years, Oury!!! So tryin a new grip is a stretch for me!:confused:

The next 2 weeks of racing are PA State points races(Jack then Back Mnt.)..........its time to suck it up and start putting some effort into this deal, I'm sittin in 2nd place for points behind Chris Borich going into this weekend. Theres some fast guys closing in behind me in the points race. Rob Hertz,Todd Rothermel and Lee Dickerson are all within striking distance of me. Two good races in the next 2 weeks could lead to a boost into a solid 2nd place rankin.....Two bad races in the next 2 weeks could also drop me from second in points to 5th :grr:

Well, I don't normally do this type of thing but given the urgent points situation, I think its about time to step it up and get into this thing. I'll be in better shape this weekend, and more focused than before, you guys may not even recognize me!!;)

3 more days

greghall
06-16-2004, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by jlhughes750
I hope it cools off a lil for the race.

I think I got this YFZ dialed in now. Since the last race I changed the jetting,shock set up,caster, camber, toe and bar height. I got the overheating corrected and will strongly encourage using Evans cooling systems NGKR waterless coolant. I also snagged a pair of these Spider Grips everyone is talking about, there really pretty nice. I have used 1 brand and style of grip for almost 10 years, Oury!!! So tryin a new grip is a stretch for me!:confused:

The next 2 weeks of racing are PA State points races(Jack then Back Mnt.)..........its time to suck it up and start putting some effort into this deal, I'm sittin in 2nd place for points behind Chris Borich going into this weekend. Theres some fast guys closing in behind me in the points race. Rob Hertz,Todd Rothermel and Lee Dickerson are all within striking distance of me. Two good races in the next 2 weeks could lead to a boost into a solid 2nd place rankin.....Two bad races in the next 2 weeks could also drop me from second in points to 5th :grr:
Be careful don't push it to hard & get hurt,ride smart & the races will come to you,just do your best race yourself & the track not everybody else,GOOD Luck .
Well, I don't normally do this type of thing but given the urgent points situation, I think its about time to step it up and get into this thing. I'll be in better shape this weekend, and more focused than before, you guys may not even recognize me!!;)

3 more days

greghall
06-16-2004, 01:24 PM
I meant to say good luck with the points race,ride smart & good luck, race the track & yourself don't get caught up in the points race .don't push it over your limit & get hurt,GOOD LUCK!!!

jlhughes750
06-16-2004, 02:10 PM
My problem is I never push hard enough....

Derno24
06-16-2004, 03:16 PM
I hear ya Jay. Good luck and see ya sunday.

Kilabanshee
06-16-2004, 08:52 PM
Yeah I just go out and ride pretty hard the first 4 laps or so then on the white flag I give it all I got. I think Ill deff be at dutchman round 10 I just dunno if ill be able to make to many more races maybe foot of the mountain or something I dunno ill have to see my summer schedual. Good luck jay and ill see ya there!

jlhughes750
06-18-2004, 06:29 AM
finally friday, almost race day!!!!!!!!

Kilabanshee
06-18-2004, 08:38 AM
Jay pm me what kinda car you will be hauling your quad cause I didnot see what you were driving at road winders. If you need me to carry a can of gas somewhere or need help as a pit ill be more the welcome to give you a hand.

cdrookie
06-19-2004, 02:18 PM
not looking good for me! rode a couple laps around the storage area and blew another fuse:mad: i'll have a pocket full of them but it'll be hard to keep pace stopping every mile to change it. guess the only way i'll beat derno is to knock him off the z with a big stick as he goes by!

hmmm... kila you ever play any baseball?:devil:

M300ex03
06-19-2004, 06:35 PM
ill be there :) does anyone what the tracks like, how are the hills

cdrookie
06-19-2004, 06:58 PM
never been there either but they say it's very rocky. derno said it doesn't get real sloppy cause it's on top of the mountain. they said it's not too tight but passing is hard and there's some stumps and such ready to end your day. they're saying 2 miles of ski slopes.

ex kid
06-19-2004, 08:32 PM
WTF TIME DO THE QUADS START????????????????????????????????????????????? ????

Derno24
06-20-2004, 12:18 AM
Joe quads start at 2:00 pm like they have all season. Rookie is right with his assessment of Jack frost. i have been there 3 times and have only finished at the most a lap and a half. Mostly due to hidden obstacles!:devil:

M300ex03
06-20-2004, 04:52 AM
leaving in 2 hours :devil:

QuadRacer041
06-20-2004, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by M300ex03
leaving in 2 hours :devil:

2 hours, u better leave now or your not gonna get a good parking space.
im leaving in a few minutes

M300ex03
06-20-2004, 05:11 PM
that was a great race the track was so sick :bandit:

ex kid
06-20-2004, 06:34 PM
that was a great race the track was so sick :bandit:

you lined up to my right dude.

M300ex03
06-20-2004, 06:48 PM
that was you you got a flat right i??

QuadRacer041
06-20-2004, 07:09 PM

hey, is your name mike?
i heard them call your name for a plack but you werent there.

race was awsome i took 3rd on open b
how did evryone else do:?

M300ex03
06-20-2004, 07:12 PM
thye called me for a plack no way i got 6th they were only givig at 5

Jamie@Cardiostack
06-20-2004, 07:25 PM
how many laps did everyone do.. does any one know the lap times for the pros

ex kid
06-20-2004, 07:39 PM

i was in second and my swinger skid broke off on the 3rd lap. on lap 4 the chain derailed and bunched up on the countershaft and the motor so my day was done. i still ended up with third because most guys didn't make 4 laps. i lost my rear brakes on lap 1. and yes i got a flat on the 4th lap.

M300ex03
06-20-2004, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by ex kid
i was in second and my swinger skid broke off on the 3rd lap. on lap 4 the chain derailed and bunched up on the countershaft and the motor so my day was done. i still ended up with third because most guys didn't make 4 laps. i lost my rear brakes on lap 1. and yes i got a flat on the 4th lap.

Thats terrible i rode smart the whole day intill there was a botleneck at the top of a hill and then i rolled it down but it was still a great race you racing next weekend i dont know if ill go to maryland for the gncc or go to balck mountian and how many placks did they give out i??

ex kid
06-20-2004, 08:18 PM
does anybody have pictures?

derno, what did you finish?

QuadRacer041
06-21-2004, 04:04 AM
thye called me for a plack no way i got 6th they were only givig at 5

well if your name is mike battaglia, they called you for a plaque.

here are some pics

QuadRacer041
06-21-2004, 04:05 AM
the A start

QuadRacer041
06-21-2004, 04:06 AM
B getting ready

QuadRacer041
06-21-2004, 04:07 AM
B taking off

QuadRacer041
06-21-2004, 04:09 AM
C start

QuadRacer041
06-21-2004, 04:20 AM

QuadRacer041
06-21-2004, 04:22 AM

QuadRacer041
06-21-2004, 04:22 AM
thats is for pics, sorry

Admin
06-21-2004, 05:33 AM
Thanks for posting the Pics Lou!!!

QuadRacer041
06-21-2004, 11:38 AM
no problem,
next time ill tell my wife to take a whole bunch more.we only have'em of me and my buddies.

jlhughes750
06-21-2004, 11:56 AM
No pics from me this time sorry:( :(

One of the guys that came with us was gonna take some pics for me but the camera mysteriously disappeared from where i had it in the truck????:grr: .................................................. ...............

luckily for me when I got into work this morning it was plugged into my computer!!!!!:eek: I guess it wasn't stolen after all??

jlhughes750
06-21-2004, 12:22 PM
The Open A class had 18 riders......

Matt Smiley and Chris Borich battled hard the entire 2 hours... From what Huff (he runs Traxx...cool guy) said they were really rippin it up... He said that a few times he really thought they were gonna take each other out!!!!! He said it looked like they rode all day everyday together like that, he was soo excited, it was kinda funny!! The ski slope section was sick fast!! they had a 15-20 ft. elevation drop coming outta a turn that was nearly straight down, and it had whoops going down!!

I was near the end again off the start,got dusted out in the first turn. I was the whole way on the outside on the embankment. Once we hit the woods I let er have it......I had to put a wheel in on RALPH!!!sorry bud!;) after about 3 miles I cought the lead pack (with the exception of Smiley and Borich) I saw this #17 in front of me and thought hhhmmm that looks familiar.. It was James Wahl!! We hooked up and ran the next few miles workin past other riders. The laps were 7.1 miles. At about the 6.9 mile marker the hands went numb and I had to back er down a notch. I rode the entire 2nd lap by myself, boy that was lonely!!!! I think I was around the top 10 or so maybe better not sure. Thats when I came by the pits and saw a pile of people in for tire changes..... That inspired me... thats when all heck broke loose the next 2 laps was WFO as some might say.... We had the best wheel to wheel battle I've had for a while 14 miles worth!!!! At the finsish we all stopped to chat, my hands were bleading and I couldn't stand up due to severe leg cramps!!! its was a blast though!!!!!!!

in the end it was:

1 Matt Smiley
2 Chris Borich
3 Rob Hertz
4 Josh Whitehead
5 Todd Rothermel
6 Jarred McClure
7 Dan Ketterer
8 Jason L. Hughes (me)
9 Mike Lucas
10 Kenny Campbell
11 Wes Stone
not sure after that......

jb500ex
06-21-2004, 03:35 PM
borich and smiley were wheel to wheel just about every lap, and they were blowing everyone else away

06-21-2004, 04:21 PM
i had really bad start. then i got it togeather. i was moving up pretty good. about 1/2 way into the race i cought up to an and i had my sights on jay. the i went to make a move on dan andi slammed a rock and got an instant flat front tire. there went my race. i was a lap don by th time i got my tire changed. just letting you know jay i had my sights on ya. lol.:devil:

Derno24
06-21-2004, 07:41 PM
Good track yesterday! I was good until a lap and a half into the race I got bad arm pump. Damn carb is too stiff. Finished 6th though Happy I finished as well as I did. Considering I got stuck for about 5 mins on a rock and couldn't lift it off due to the arm pump.

jb500ex
06-21-2004, 08:08 PM
derno, i have a good supplement that helps with arm pump, cardio stack

Quad101
06-21-2004, 08:57 PM
Nice pics quad 041

jlhughes750
06-22-2004, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by Treebasher573
just letting you know jay i had my sights on ya. lol.:devil:

theres always Back Mnt. this sunday!!

Karizz
06-22-2004, 09:30 AM
Hey,anybody know who was in the orange vest taking photos at JackFrost? They have a website with the photos online?I checked MRA website and he wasnt there.

QuadRacer041
06-22-2004, 10:09 AM
they werent posted yesterday but this is the site.

www.poconoproductions.com

Derno24
06-22-2004, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by jb500ex
derno, i have a good supplement that helps with arm pump, cardio stack

Appreciate the help. I am trying something else. Getting a twist or lighter spring set-up for the carb. The edelbrock spring is mucho tight! Way too stiff!

cdrookie
06-22-2004, 01:56 PM
try moving that thing a half inch closer to the grip and twist it so that the thumb lever is UNDER the grip!

he has that thing in a good position if your feet were on the pegs and your whole upper body was leaning over the bars with your head looking at the front bumper!

that was his riding style at the beginning of the season, but since found out it made him run into too many trees so he took a more conventional stance and is doing much better.:devil:

QuadRacer041
06-22-2004, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Quad101
Nice pics quad 041

hey good to see you finally joined the site.

06-22-2004, 07:52 PM
i m going down to the wisp on sat. i plan on going to back mountian on sun. if i don t bust to much.

Karizz
06-23-2004, 06:10 AM
i m going down to the wisp on sat. i plan on going to back mountian on sun. if i don t bust to much.
Same plan here...leaving friday morning for The Wisp. Man I really banged my wrist up bad in the last lap of the Patriot.It was killing me during the Jack Frost Race,Thats my official excuse from dropping from 1st to 5th in the Vet class :eek: ..Ill be wearing a brace at The Wisp! Hope it works.

quad_45
06-23-2004, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by jlhughes750
The Open A class had 18 riders......

Matt Smiley and Chris Borich battled hard the entire 2 hours... From what Huff (he runs Traxx...cool guy) said they were really rippin it up... He said that a few times he really thought they were gonna take each other out!!!!! He said it looked like they rode all day everyday together like that, he was soo excited, it was kinda funny!! The ski slope section was sick fast!! they had a 15-20 ft. elevation drop coming outta a turn that was nearly straight down, and it had whoops going down!!

I was near the end again off the start,got dusted out in the first turn. I was the whole way on the outside on the embankment. Once we hit the woods I let er have it......I had to put a wheel in on RALPH!!!sorry bud!;) after about 3 miles I cought the lead pack (with the exception of Smiley and Borich) I saw this #17 in front of me and thought hhhmmm that looks familiar.. It was James Wahl!! We hooked up and ran the next few miles workin past other riders. The laps were 7.1 miles. At about the 6.9 mile marker the hands went numb and I had to back er down a notch. I rode the entire 2nd lap by myself, boy that was lonely!!!! I think I was around the top 10 or so maybe better not sure. Thats when I came by the pits and saw a pile of people in for tire changes..... That inspired me... thats when all heck broke loose the next 2 laps was WFO as some might say.... We had the best wheel to wheel battle I've had for a while 14 miles worth!!!! At the finsish we all stopped to chat, my hands were bleading and I couldn't stand up due to severe leg cramps!!! its was a blast though!!!!!!!

in the end it was:

1 Matt Smiley
2 Chris Borich
3 Rob Hertz
4 Josh Whitehead
5 Todd Rothermel
6 Jarred McClure
7 Dan Ketterer
8 Jason L. Hughes (me)
9 Mike Lucas
10 Kenny Campbell
11 Wes Stone
not sure after that......

I finished 14th! Not bad for a girl..HA HA. It was a ruff ride, when you passed me jay, I realized something was wrong with my front end, here my tie rods came loose, so it was fighting me the whole day. Was kinda stinky but at least I didn't finish last!

jlhughes750
06-23-2004, 07:02 AM
wait..........maybe 11th was Nate Gogno???????

quad_45
06-23-2004, 01:02 PM

Thats our plan too! But I heard a rumor at Jack Frost that Back Mtn might be canceled. But than again that was just a rumor flying around, haven't had a chance to call them.

Karizz
06-23-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by quad_45
Thats our plan too! But I heard a rumor at Jack Frost that Back Mtn might be canceled. But than again that was just a rumor flying around, haven't had a chance to call them.
keep us posted if you find out anything before this friday mornin! oh yeah wut up Stef....its me ..Dave the guy with the band-aid on his forehead"damn trailer":mad: .I said hello to ya just before the race started...
I was on a 450R in the vet class.

ex kid
06-23-2004, 07:21 PM
www.bmer.org

they usally tell you by now if it's canceled.

06-23-2004, 07:45 PM
hey stef. i m lee. you know me.

jlhughes750
06-24-2004, 06:07 AM
I doubt its cancelled!!!! I'll call them today and find out.

I'll start a new thread for the race.

quad_45
06-24-2004, 06:51 AM
hey stef. i m lee. you know me.

Hey whats up! Of coarse I know who you are!