PDA

View Full Version : hapsin acres race report round 4

david kelsch
06-07-2004, 11:35 AM
The weather held out for us this weekend. It was a 6 1/2 mile track with a fair amount of new sections added. The water truck was on hand to handle some of the dust in the start finish area and parking lot. The woods did indeed have a couple spots that were difficult to see in with traffic. As promised there were a couple muddy spots and it was definately tighter. There were a lot of bent tie rods to prove it.

Congrats to big and lil braff for a great day of racing. After I broke down I watched and you all were hauin'. There was a scoring change in the C class that robbed papa braff of his first he took home. Hell get second place points. Lil braff held off a couple quads near the end of the last lap to earn 5th in sport novice class. After scoring adjustments she finsihed 8th. Just kiddin'.

Thanks again to T&t Moto Sports in Mooresville IN for the support of the series. The had over a dozen goodies to give out during the riders meeting. Thanks again to Josh for bringing them up.

Pro class

6 riders, 2 plaques, money to third

3rd Chad Smith 207 400ex ($30)
2nd Ron Martin 202 400ex ($50)
1st Brent Howell 201 YFZ450 ($70)

A quads

19 riders and 7 plaques

7th Warren Remick 400EX 605
6th Josh Lane 400EX 607
5th Lloyd Brock 450R 611
4th Tommy Nash Raptor 613
3rd Matt Clapp 450R 601
2nd Jon Swanson YFZ450 614
1st Damon Gerald Z400 606

B quads

14 riders 4 plaques

4th Nathan Wallpe YFZ450 708
3rd Scott Johnson 450R 715
2nd Shawn Boyden 250R 704
1st Joey Chapman Raptor 711

C quads (Before scoring change)

19 riders and 6 plaques

6th Jeff Downey Z400 807
5th Jr Douglass 400EX 813
4th Charles Stotler Raptor 816
3rd Bleau Dewire Raptor 809
2nd Shawn Lindley 400EX 810
1st Dan Brafford Predator 808

C quads (official points, after change)

6th JR Douglass
5th Charles Stotler
4th Bleau Dewire
3rd Shawn Lindley
2nd Dan Brafford
1st Shawn Cady Z400 815

Sport / Utility

15 riders 5 plaques

5th Kyrie Brafford 300EX 912
4th Evan Shore Mojave 904
3rd Jade Remick 300EX 906
2nd Darryl Foster 250EX 916
1st Steve Kaylor 300EX 910

I had a fun race. I ran in the C class. I think I passed Shawn and Bleau several times. Then get stuck or off track and they would catch me back. I was never very far in front of them. Eventually my shifter broke and I ran over a lap in second gear. It did burn up my clutch by the third lap. I feel bad I could still run hard and pass some people only to get bogged down on a steep up hill. Then I was just in the way. I think it was scott Johnson did a impact test on his front bumper on one of these uphills. I hope it held up well for him. That was about the end of my race and I apologize for getting in his and others way.

Next race is July 18th.

johnson357
06-07-2004, 11:57 AM
David, it wasn't me that hit you or my bumper would still be there. I had to do heavy mods to it to make it fit w/my WER stabilizer it is hanging on by a thread.:D But did have a good time and tell Becky and Dan thanks for being so nice to my wife as she stood up there bugging them every time I came through.:devil:

Lil - Braff
06-07-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by david kelsch
Congrats to big and lil braff for a great day of racing. After I broke down I watched and you all were hauin'. There was a scoring change in the C class that robbed papa braff of his first he took home. Hell get second place points. Lil braff held off a couple quads near the end of the last lap to earn 5th in sport novice class. After scoring adjustments she finsihed 8th. Just kiddin'.

Thank you!! I liked this track a lot!! I also liked the last track a lot but I'm sure I would have liked it more if I had finished. :grr: lol You were right about it being tight in some spots! I didn't hit ANY trees this time but I know Bradley, and prolly a few others, ended up bendin a tierod.

I was happy to see only ONE start this time and it seemed to go pretty good. lol The turn before going into the woods and the turn before the scoring prolly helped some to get people to slow down. Can't wait til the next race!