PDA

View Full Version : first 400ex

dunnp650
06-07-2004, 07:47 AM
Bought my daughter a 01 400ex it has pro circut pipe KN air fiter and pilot jet and bigger main jet . It did not come with manual How do you adjust chain on this honda

Quadworks
06-07-2004, 08:09 AM
The 2 bolts on the very rear of the swingarm. Unloosen them, then take a large screw driver or a small pry bar and stick it in the slots on your left between the sprocket and the swingarm. When you rotate that peice up or down you will notice the chain either getting more slack or tightening up. Set to proper amount with her on it then tighten up the 2 bolts. Your done. ENJOY!!

quadmxracer
06-07-2004, 08:11 AM
There are four bolts on the very end of the swingarm. Loosen them up. Now you have next to your rear sprocket the adjuster with notches in it. You can stick a screw driver, allen wrench etc. in there and rotate downward and it will tighten up your chain and upward for loosening because all this is doing is rotaing our bearing carrier. Then tighten up the four bolts (alternate). I believe if you want to torque them back down its 15 ft.lbs. Hope this helps you out.

Quadworks
06-07-2004, 08:27 AM
Ok my bad. Stock swings have 4 bolts. Mine is a Lonestar and has only 2 bolts. But everything else is explained right.

dunnp650
06-07-2004, 09:02 AM
thanks guys for the help

ReconRider25
06-07-2004, 01:08 PM
when you adjust it compress the rear suspension as far as it will go then tighten the chain so it dosent cause stress on the chain or snap if its too tight.;) i learned this from a mechanic at my local dealer and he races.:)