PDA

View Full Version : So.. What happened at Casey?

jjthekj
06-07-2004, 01:11 AM
Almost went. Too much driving. So... Who was there? Any big news? Who won?:confused:

Maxx_Action
06-07-2004, 08:42 AM
Hey...

It was a great day of racing yesterday. Farr got the holeshot on the first moto and never looked back, if he had he would have seen that Gust was bumping tires with him most of the last ten minutes of the race. He was about 2 seconds behind farr when the Flag dropped, with Jones coming in third. The second moto had Gust pulling the holeshot with NAtalie, Jones and Gust swapping the lead throughout the race and Natalie finally won, Jones second, and Gust third. Jones won the Overall. Sick racing man, but I was a little disapointed. There is a triple on tha back side of that track that is about 120 feet, only one guy was clearing it, Kory Ellis. All the other guys were hitting the double section of it, but stayed away from the triple. hmmm....

Maxx

p@iNn3ck
06-07-2004, 08:45 AM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1120327#post1120327http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1120327#post1120327

gimp419
06-07-2004, 08:56 AM
A lot of guys were hurt/crashed or almost crashed on that tripple Friday and Saturday. It was a lot safer and no slower to just double it. The face of the jump was off-camber and you had to hit it at an angle, just about everyone that jumped it in practice on Friday was landing sideways.

Oh and If the GNC goes back to Casey next year we all need to cancel our ATVA memberships, the promotors just didn't do a good job of time management at all, and the track sucked, sorry if some of you like the track but for a national event the track sucked! There was way too much dust and the jumps were messed up. My eyes are still burning from just watching the pros and some of my buddies, should have worn my goggles all weekend.

Maxx_Action
06-07-2004, 10:24 AM
Yeah...

that jump is a little hairy. I ride there frequently and it does throw you at an angle, or you can come down sideways. It has worn down on the right side edge of the jump and is high on the left. It was great last year they were all hitting it as a triple doin 120 to 130 feet through the air. Sweet.

Maxx

jjthekj
06-07-2004, 06:34 PM
Thanks Maxx! You 2 p@in. I really wanted 2 go, and now I'm really sorry I didn't. Very sorry to hear about the track conditions. Hated to hear about Jason & Jason. Bureaucrats and bone doctors are some of my least favorite people.

MrP
06-08-2004, 07:14 PM
I couldnt agree with you more Chase. I have been to Casey the past two years. The first year was awesome, the second it was still good but not as good as the first. This year it was horrible! From time management, the dust, and to people getting hurt, it was crazy. In mx people get hurt, thats just the nature of the beast but if you look at the caliber of riders that got hurt to many of them were good and smart riders. My best friend is still up in Illinois in the hospital from a crash he had Saturday! All I can say is I will never go back to Casey!