PDA

View Full Version : carb question!!!!

XxXx~FLY~xXxX
03-23-2002, 09:02 PM
is there such thing as a carb that doesn't require jets. like an edalbrok or something. if so does this mean that u could put everthing and do anything with out worring about jet sizes?? i just heard someone talking about this and wanted to know the truth!! so thanx for n e info ahead of time.

chris

VegasEx'r
03-23-2002, 09:51 PM
I believe that all carbs (for all types of engines) require jets. Fuel injected engined don't use jets (I think).

JustRace
03-23-2002, 10:15 PM
well edelbrock kinda sorta doesn't have any jets that as in you can't take out. They have a "metering" tool that goes into the top of the carb that you turn right to richen and left to lean out the mixture. It also comes with 2 extra needles to put in the carb based upon how modified your motor is. Hopefully this helps. I can take a picture of the stuff if you want.

XxXx~FLY~xXxX
03-24-2002, 07:06 AM
yea just race pleaz take a pic for me. so is this carb easier to mess with than than a stock carb. how do u know when to jet it or whatever you do to it?? if i just took my airbox lid off and put a pipe on it what would i have to do as far as messin with the carb if i had the edalbrock?

JustRace
03-24-2002, 10:19 AM
Well i haven't had to adjust mine yet becuase I haven't ridden it a hole lot. In the picture you see where the american flag symbol is. Well right about that there is a little screw about say 3/8 big. You take that screw off and you put a little knob in the hole. Then you turn right to richen and left to lean the mixture out. Then if you way off the charts in either direction there are 3 needles that the carb uses. They have numbers on them and higher the number richer the mixture. If you have to change one of these you have to take the carb off and take the top of the carb apart. (the part with the american flag). They say its easy to adjust, but i haven't had to. I know when i am going to have to put the little metering screw in that I am going to have to either take the carb or the gas take off. The carb sits higher than stock too. So its a really tight fit.

http://forums.exriders.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=83013

ChadEXer
03-25-2002, 08:52 AM
If Im not mistaken the Lectron carbs dont use jets either. they are much cheaper than the edelbrock carb too!

03-25-2002, 12:23 PM
Yeah lectrons and edelbrocks are almost the same thing,,,I've heard that rocky ridge racing will take your stock carb and $200 for a new lectron carb..

ChadEXer
03-25-2002, 02:20 PM
TC told me he grinds his own needles for his Lectron carbs. he said it will be dialed in perfectly when i get it!!!