PDA

View Full Version : How do you Adjust work shocks?

greco400
06-06-2004, 07:06 PM
Im bout to buy dual front rate used shocks and i was thinking if there to soft or to stiff how could i do that heres a picturehttp://www.rriders.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=134&stc=1

could i move the spring up top and turn it i don't know nuthing bout it !

thanks!

sparks400
06-06-2004, 07:58 PM
those are triple rates, and to adjust the softness on them u have to screw the big nut above the first spring down for stiffer up for softer

Quadworks
06-06-2004, 08:04 PM
Ya hes right! Those are triple rate not double. Only there is no nut to adjust on top. You have to compress the spring and MOVE the wire clip that goes in the groove either up or down. At least that is the way mine are and mine are exactly like those only with rezzys.

stonerider250x
06-06-2004, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Quadworks
Ya hes right! Those are triple rate not double. Only there is no nut to adjust on top. You have to compress the spring and MOVE the wire clip that goes in the groove either up or down. At least that is the way mine are and mine are exactly like those only with rezzys.

thast how u do it... mine are like that too and they are dual rates w/o rezzys. it makes it easier if u put the front end of the quad up on jacks.

Quadworks
06-06-2004, 08:25 PM
Just curious, but does anyone know what the coloring of the springs are. Like is a black spring stiffer that a blue spring ETC.. Mine are as follows-- TOP-- Light blue
MIDDLE-- White
Bottom-- Black

If anything just curious??

greco400
06-06-2004, 09:48 PM
Thanks guys
!