PDA

View Full Version : Headlight switch

jd250r
06-06-2004, 02:11 PM
Ive got an '88 R that didnt have the lights on it when I bought it some 7 years ago. Now Im wanting to put the lights on it for night riding. I have both lights but no switch or the harness for the headlight. What have you guys used for this? Am I better off trying to find the stock switch and headlight harness? Thanks

wilkin250r
06-10-2004, 06:21 PM
Just try to find the stock switch. Ebay is a good starting point.

250rmike
06-17-2004, 11:35 PM
is there wiring for the lights coming out of the stator? if not just find a whole wiring harness with stock switch if not you can either get a stock switch or 2 toggle switches 1 for on/off and 1 for high/low

rummerd
07-05-2004, 08:26 PM
if you are using some aftermarket lights like the trail techs or something similar, you can just use one switch to turn lights on and off. I used a keyswitch from a banshee(as that is what I had laying around). The 'shee key switch closes the circuit when turned on and you cannot remove the key in the on pos. You will need to use a multimeter to find the correct wires to use. You can use a 400EX keyswitch as it also closes the circuit when in the on pos. If you get a handlebar mount bracket with a keyswitch provision, you have a very clean, factory appearing installation. If you go the banshee keyswitch route, you can find a honda key "rubber" and put it over the nasty Yammy key and you have the perfect crime.

beak7707
07-06-2004, 03:22 PM
I have a stock switch, the on/off switch is broke but the light switch works fine. If I ever get my quad tech hood I will have a mint light on/off switch. PM if you are interested.

1988R
07-06-2004, 03:28 PM
How about the headlight? are you getting rid of that?