PDA

View Full Version : DG Nerfs?

the-ex-files
06-06-2004, 12:33 PM
My buddy plans on racing his yfz450 and needs nerfs. He is dead set on buying DG. I have heard a lot of people on this site call DG "junk". So is DG any good, or should he try another brand? Thanks.

atvrulz
06-06-2004, 12:45 PM
Hello,
I have new, still in the box DG nerf bars, retails $170. I am selling for $120 on ebay right now. They are the fat bar alloy series with black netting.

Quad18star
06-06-2004, 12:47 PM
IMO ... If I was your buddy I'd be buying either AC Pro Pegs or X-Factor nerfs . I'm just not a fan of the DG stuff ... including their " too big for nothing" front bumpers.

FatBoy Racing
06-06-2004, 04:52 PM
IMO the DG nerfs are junk. I replaced them on my 400EX with a set of the Graydon-Proline ProPeg style and I'm really happy with them. I prefer the shape of the GP's and I like that the teeth on the pegs are steel as opposed to AC's aluminum. The teeth can also be replaced if (yeah right) they wear down. I'm waiting for GP to come out with them for my 450, but no luck so far. I also like the AC set with the heel guards, but I would only go that way if I was willing to kick down for the roll design pegs . . . but big bucks that I could spend elsewhere. . . . decisions, decisions

rollie
06-06-2004, 05:26 PM
i have DG on my 300ex......:mad: they bent and will soon be replaced by X-factors or AC

YES DG ARE JUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Kennethyfz450
06-06-2004, 10:53 PM
I have a AC front bumper on mine and i had to scrub it and put polish on it.. it has alot of scuff marks and i wasnt very happy but now since i been riding i just wasted my time polishing it.. lol . .

as for nerfs i would go ac pro peg with the heal guard they look really good and they are very useful..

as for rear skid plate i would go prm.. gave me more ground clearance and protection..

for body skid i would go and get a dg baja.. they got two holes where you changed the oil which is very convientient..

dg pipes are junk..

ac products dont have the shine they should have but hey their gonna get dirty anyways..

never heard of x factor till the other day.. so i dont know i cant compare because i never seen any of their stuff.

jeff1984
06-08-2004, 11:41 PM
i will never buy another set ac pro prgs again. i just fought with them for 3 hours and they still dont fit right. they were tweeked when i pulled them out of the box, there were a million nuts and bolts with no instuctions and the welds look like a monkey did them. the cuts are very sloppy and they are not clean. they have a dried up black liquid of some sort all over the welds. they need to hire someone for quality control. x-factor all the way. i had them and should have stayed with them. the dg pro pegs that were on farrs bike at glen helen looked pretty good.

rollie
06-12-2004, 07:19 PM
BTW:mad: ....went riding a couple days ago i come home and i rested my foot on my DGs and they where soo loose ther where a bout to fall off!!!:mad:

Toadz400
06-12-2004, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Kennethyfz450
for body skid i would go and get a dg baja.. they got two holes where you changed the oil which is very convientient..

I have the DG Baja body skidplate and it did not come with two holes for changing oil...just the one beneath the oil tank. I had to drill my own hole for the drain plug on the side of the engine.

jeff1984 - I think your AC Pro Pegs were made by someone else or something...mine are perfect. It is true about the pegs wearing down, but mine are still good enough to get excellent traction (seem to hold up a lot better and longer than stock pegs).
I recommend AC Pro Pegs to anyone!

Mxjunkie
06-13-2004, 06:54 AM
i say go with ac, i didnt have ne luck with dg they have dollar general quality :rolleyes:

PEPwalshZ440
06-13-2004, 08:02 AM
if he buys any nerfs go with the DG pro pegs...i think K&K has them... or JRD pro pegs from jrd are also awesome, thats what i got. 856-881-5299 <---- JRD

Out_Sider
06-13-2004, 12:04 PM
DG propegs are awesome, and so is the DG National series bumper ;) i have ac stuff on my 300ex..and the fit sucked, and they bend easy..just by rubbing in turns..i have big dents in them

creechfan
06-15-2004, 05:41 AM
i dont think DG is JUNK. i have had DG stuff on my Lt250R my TRX250R and now my YFZ450 and i have not had ONE! problem with them. i have allso owned DG bumpers and grab bars, all worked great! and think about this.....DG helps out a few top pros. and in the wourld of atv racing it means a lot to me when a "larg" company becomes involved in the racing effort.

what ever happend to the Maxxis GNC? does anyone know why Maxxis pulled out? i allways liked ITP more any ways LOL i was just wondering.

-cheers-