PDA

View Full Version : IS it worth having the R shocks rebuilt?revalved?

dreth
06-06-2004, 08:27 AM
if so who does it ? how much $ ? how long does it take ? how much of a difference does it make?

4fiddyR
06-06-2004, 09:09 AM
I think the rear is well worth it.
I had the quad shop do mine on my old (cough, cough) Craptor.
They used elka stuff, and gave it the self sagging device, just like zero preload. Dual rate springs, it was head and shoulders better than when it was stock.

dreth
06-07-2004, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by dreth
if so who does it ? how much $ ? how long does it take ? how much of a difference does it make?

06-07-2004, 10:05 AM
the difference is HUGE dpending on who you have it setup by & what you have done to it...i reccomend santo dersi & get the pro millenium kit but im not positive if he has it for the 450r yet...www.derisiracing.com ;) to just have the pro millenium kit revalve I would say it would be around $350 with the new eibach spring...maybe more & he usually takes around 2 weeks until you have it back at your door from the day you sent it out

Colby@C&DRacing
06-07-2004, 10:46 AM
The front triple rate with ssd conversion that i have for the 450 and the dual rate with ssd rear conversion is awsome on the stock shocks. We have been racing XC with them and been really impressed. This last weekend I raced motorcross with them and got 3rd in the pro class. I don't think that this is for everyone but it is a lower cost option to aftermarket shocks that most people will be very happy with :)

06-07-2004, 11:08 AM
what would you reccommend I have done to my front shocks as I ride trails & ride less aggressive then most. what do you have to offer & could you PM me with a price....:confused: thanks

quadrcr161
06-07-2004, 12:21 PM
Colby, can you set them up for wider after market a-arms? im prob going to do a set of regular a-arms for this summer then change over to long travels.

allmixedup047
06-07-2004, 09:28 PM
colby, im wanting to get a new JE piston for my 450r. should i get 11:1 or 13:1, i would have no problem with the compression on the 13:1, but what one should i get, and if so what all will be needed done to my motor, or will i be able to just throw the piston in. when im ready i will be ordering from you so how much should i expect to pay ya? and im also thinkin about sending my shocks up to you to get them re sprung, if i get them re sprung they will be with the ssd? and how much for that too?

sethg
06-08-2004, 12:00 PM
I had mine revalved (front and rear) and just for trail riding and general use, are 100Xs better than stock...had TCS do them, real cheap, same springs, made a world of difference in handling.

johnson357
06-08-2004, 12:44 PM
I have not had the fronts done yet but I had GT Thunder redo the rear on my 450r along with putting the linkage in and it rocks. It made a huge difference in how the bike handled. Laz also gives you a set up sheet with it that tells you how to set you sag properly which is very important. I think it is one of the best things you can do with the 450 because it helps drop that rear end down so it is not chasing you around so much.:p

sparky450AR
06-08-2004, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by johnson357
I have not had the fronts done yet but I had GT Thunder redo the rear on my 450r along with putting the linkage in and it rocks. It made a huge difference in how the bike handled. Laz also gives you a set up sheet with it that tells you how to set you sag properly which is very important. I think it is one of the best things you can do with the 450 because it helps drop that rear end down so it is not chasing you around so much.:p

What is GT thunders product webpage?

Who do i need to talk to to get this done?

johnson357
06-08-2004, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by sparky450AR
What is GT thunders product webpage?

Who do i need to talk to to get this done?

The website is www.gtthunder.com and you need to talk to Lazarus and the phone number to GT Thunder is 330-674-7122.
I do not know if he has any pics of the link on the web site or not yet but give him a call he is a good honest guy to deal with. He actucally wants to help you make your quad work better not just sell you something.

sparky450AR
06-08-2004, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by johnson357
The website is www.gtthunder.com and you need to talk to Lazarus and the phone number to GT Thunder is 330-674-7122.
I do not know if he has any pics of the link on the web site or not yet but give him a call he is a good honest guy to deal with. He actucally wants to help you make your quad work better not just sell you something.

Thanks, yeah i dont think he has any products on his site!

cinigen9
06-09-2004, 07:41 AM
I had my fronts redone by Laz @ GT Thunder. I dont have many hours on them yet, but so far I like the changes. The main goals I had were to lower the ride height and soften them up for my weight - both goals achieved. I am still working with the rear end, but once I get everything dialed in I think it will be a good upgrade all around. Laz had very good things to say about the quality of the front oem shocks.

I have pictures of the fronts if someone wants to post them.

thanks
Carson

Santo DeRisi
06-15-2004, 11:47 PM
I will have a full kit available for the front and the rear here really soon! It will be available for XC or MX and ZPS or Standard. They will be guaranteed!

allmixedup047
06-16-2004, 12:57 AM
how much for the full kit?

kazpr
06-16-2004, 01:36 AM
I Pm'd him hoping for a ball park price also.

Santo DeRisi
06-16-2004, 07:05 AM
kazpr & allmixedup047 check your PM's

ELANSS
06-16-2004, 07:31 AM
Santo sent you a pm