PDA

View Full Version : What to Do

2000SPORT
03-23-2002, 05:59 PM
What do I need to do to my 300EX to beat my cousins blaster? We were racin today and I notice the little blaster pulls away on me a little at top end. Both bikes are completely stock, but he is planning on minor mods. Seems I'm a little quicker from the stop, but when we open them up full bore, that's when he passes. I'm just wondering what I need to do for a little more top end, but not hurt the get up and go. He raced me in the woods, although I was pretty much puttin along stayin up with him (my handleing much better). He really had to spin the tires off that thing to get around a corner where I'd come in and keep my wheels planted and pull right up to him. I guess I could have really beaten him there if I wanted.

ny300exrider
03-23-2002, 06:39 PM
well first of all, i will be getting a 300ex and these are the mods i will be doing, and it should beat a blaster.
First i will add a k+n airfilter and drill some holes in the airbox. I will then add a good slip-on pipe. I will probably get a yoshi comp slip on but any good pipe will do good such as white bros., or anything like that. Buy a k=n jet kit and it should probably beat a blaster. If it doesnt , add a high compression piston and a good cam. Then if it still loses to blaster add a 305 or 330 kit. But before all of that, i would add nerfs, bumber, and new bars.

honda400exrider
03-23-2002, 06:45 PM
you can try going up a few sizes in the sprockets, airfiler is always good, jetting, and an exhaust, and you should win. Another thing to point out is that some of the racing comes from you, in other words, i could probaly beat my sister on a 90 if she was riding my 400 (or it matters about how you ride.) well anyway good luck. i hate losing against other quads such as 416's but i can constantly beat a guy with a 440 and he's not all that bad of a rider :cool:

tprender
03-23-2002, 06:47 PM
Put a 14T on the front. But the 2-stroke should beat the 4-stroke most of the time in a drag race. Look at the 250R and 400EX in a drag race, who wins?

03-23-2002, 07:13 PM
the r wins, right?? :D :D