PDA

View Full Version : Whats it worth?

Kawboyz beware
06-05-2004, 08:56 PM
Today I was at my friends house and his neightbor has a 300ex that has been sitting in his garage sice he moved in 3 years ago...I olny seen it drive once and that was with us during a winter storm and it ran like crap. Well over the next few years we chatted to his wife about the bike and what not. Sometime s when he is home doing yard work we would end up shooting the ****. and the bike would come up and we ask him when he would go riding with us. Basically he has not time with the new house 2 kids now and you know the story. Well today we were playing hoops in the street and he came over to talk and it was like he wanted something to say but I cut him off and asked about the bike. Thats when he said we could take it. we were like ok we kinda talked money but he said to check it out . Basically he just wants to dump it. it a 1993 300ex thats piped, jetted K&N , Graydon proline nerfs, and all skids. Now the bike is extremly clean for the year. Now whats something like this worth> I gotta give the guy something it also came with the stock rear rims and tires a pile of cleaners and other chems.

04'400ex'er
06-05-2004, 09:04 PM
Chit. I dunno. $1500?

toby400ex
06-05-2004, 09:32 PM
Id say about $1800 since its clean.

Kawboyz beware
06-05-2004, 10:16 PM
I will take pics of it after I go riding with it tommorrow.. so far all I did was put air in the tires, cleaned the carb (it was nice and green in there) cleaned the air filter checked the whole bike over and it wqs nice and tight, charged the battery, flushed the tank out and change the oil. It fired right up and we tok it for a boot down the street to a friends back yard which is like 50 acres. . after tommorrows rided we are going to adjust the valves and put a new plug in it.. the paint on the frame is not even worn off yet by the pegs