PDA

View Full Version : Pressure Or No Pressure

Honda Guy
03-23-2002, 05:25 PM
Today I bought a electric pressure washer from walmart($100) Its a campbell hausfeld 1300PSI 1.6 GPM 2 PEAK HP I was wondering if this is going to pull the paint off my 400EX it dosent have a powercoated frame its stock paint I no I shouldent put it on the straight line strem way but I was just wondering what yall thought also what soap do you guys use.

Lil90man!!
03-23-2002, 05:34 PM
Well we have a 2200psi gas one and it will pull of the stickers but not the paint it would take ALOT of pressure to get the paint off unless it was already chiped and cracked, and that is when it is to the most concentrated form too, Hey does anyone on here have one like this any brand of gas 2200psi ones? we have went through 3 new pumps they pull the bolts out of the aluminum housing and the metal is to thin to put a heli-coil in it 400$ pressure washer and the pump cost 325 new:eek: OUCH!

Deathbringer
03-23-2002, 05:38 PM
IMO...take back the pressure washer. Reason one...if you aren't carefull you will blow water into the o-rings and seals. Reason two... you can very easly take your stock paint off and then you will get rust. Reason three...thats a $100 for mods.. :)

I use just a spray bottle with Wisk in it..spray the quad down..let it sit... and rinse it off with a hose... If you have stuborn dirt use a scrub brush on those few spots. Follow it up by drying it off and use some Mcguires on the seat...and Mop&glow on the plastic... And if you are really anal like me spray the underside of the plastic with RainX (not the window kind) so the dirt doesn't tend to stick much next time.

Hope that helps

Honda Guy
03-23-2002, 05:50 PM
What does everyone else think?

Striker49
03-23-2002, 06:13 PM
I just use a water hose and soap/sponge whenever its warm. And like they said, for those tough dirt spots use a brush or rag to scrub it off.
I hadnt thought bout the Rain-X idea, very good. How well does it work? Ive got some somewhere and Im fixin to wash my quad next time its warm. :cool:

03-23-2002, 07:19 PM
lighter fluid, wd-40, and p.a.m. all bring a shine that could bring a tear to ur eyes

zzbudzz
03-23-2002, 07:54 PM
uuummmm.....do you suppose to wash you quad?? i did'nt know :D