PDA

View Full Version : Need Help On Doing Top End On 300ex URGENT!!!!!!!!

Cody_300ex
06-05-2004, 11:59 AM
Ok guys when I was tearing down my 300ex one of the bolts that holds the jug on snapped it's the front one right by the cam chain hole, and I can't get it out for nothin!!. I have tried an easy out.....broke two of them. So what else can we do!?!?!? Or do I even need worry about it? I need this running ASAP!!! Thanks guys!

oriclez
06-05-2004, 01:20 PM
hexicoil

Cody_300ex
06-05-2004, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by oriclez
hexicoil

what is that?

Cody_300ex
06-05-2004, 04:26 PM
http://ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/bump.gif

xc400ex
06-06-2004, 08:34 PM
Are you talkin bout one of the 8mm bolts holding down the jug? If your talking about that and you've had that much trouble gettin it out I think it would be safe to not worry about it.

Cody_300ex
06-06-2004, 08:59 PM
we finally got it out after messin with it for about 6 hours we had to re drill it and tab it but it's all together now.

redrunner
06-07-2004, 05:59 AM
Glad to see you get it fixed. It is a good feeling to accomplish things like that.;)

Cody_300ex
06-07-2004, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by redrunner
Glad to see you get it fixed. It is a good feeling to accomplish things like that.;)

Yeah it felt good to ride too, i havent rode in a little over two months.:eek2:

dirtmomma
06-07-2004, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Lil_300Ex_Kid
what is that?

:huh hmmm maybe HELICOIL??????????????? LOL

Glad to hear you got it out, that happened to us on my 1st tear down,we just took it to a bike shop & had them do it cuz we almost ruined it :o they slapped a helicoil in it & it was good to go there is NOTHING worse than bolts snapping off, very very frustrating especially when it's going back together!! Did you replace all the head bolts w/ new ones??? If not I would DEFINETLY do that next time cuz they get weak!! So what did ya tear it down for??

Cody_300ex
06-07-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
:huh hmmm maybe HELICOIL??????????????? LOL

Glad to hear you got it out, that happened to us on my 1st tear down,we just took it to a bike shop & had them do it cuz we almost ruined it :o they slapped a helicoil in it & it was good to go there is NOTHING worse than bolts snapping off, very very frustrating especially when it's going back together!! Did you replace all the head bolts w/ new ones??? If not I would DEFINETLY do that next time cuz they get weak!! So what did ya tear it down for??

Yeah I replaced the head bolts! I tore it down because it was a 96 and the engine had never be rebuilt, and it was smoking like a train. Also i got a killer deal on the piston and jug. And is this thing a gas guzuzaler or what!?!?!?!? I rode for three hours yesterday and it's almost plum dry!:eek: I can't wait to smoke my buddies warrior tho.:blah: :cool:

2003400exmnymds
06-07-2004, 10:58 AM
I snapped two bolts, I left them, my jug hasnt leaked yet. Everything is still good. Id leave it until I had a reason to remove it again.

4wheelboy
06-07-2004, 06:31 PM
Yeah we replaced the head bolts! We tore it down because it was a 96 and the engine had never be rebuilt, and it was smoking like a train. Also i got a killer deal on the piston and jug. And is this thing a gas guzuzaler or what!?!?!?!? I rode for three hours yesterday and it's almost plum dry!:eek: I can't wait to smoke my buddies warrior tho.:blah: :cool:

how hard was this 2 do. did u run into any other problems be sides this:rolleyes: did u have to pull your motor out of the frame:confused:

dirtmomma
06-07-2004, 07:57 PM
Yeah we replaced the head bolts! We tore it down because it was a 96 and the engine had never be rebuilt, and it was smoking like a train. Also i got a killer deal on the piston and jug. And is this thing a gas guzuzaler or what!?!?!?!? I rode for three hours yesterday and it's almost plum dry!:eek: I can't wait to smoke my buddies warrior tho.:blah: :cool:

Right on :cool: yeah mines a 96 also & we took it to Idaho last summer & couldn't get it to run for anything so when we got home we did a compression test & it was likeWAY LOW, so we did the piston, & left it like that until a few weeks ago :)
I know what you mean about gas guzzzlleerrr I noticed that with mine over the long weekend. As for smokin your buddys warrior LOL thats what my kid wants to do this winter w/ mine @ the flattrack races :blah: :devil: we just heard the guy went & had some work done cuz he knew DJ was gonna be in his class LMAO it should be interesting!! :D

Cody_300ex
06-07-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by 4wheelboy
how hard was this 2 do. did u run into any other problems be sides this:rolleyes: did u have to pull your motor out of the frame:confused:

Nope, except a little oil leak from the rocker cover. I'm only 13 years old and did it all by myself except(sp) putting the piston & rings in the sleave. No, you dont have to pull the motor.