PDA

View Full Version : Raptor with single carb?

Bad Habit
06-05-2004, 10:40 AM
I'm going to be building a Raptor for a buddy of mine and I absolutely hate the dual carb setup that they have. Has anyone tried the Edelbrock single carb setup? I've looked at these carbs and I'm not sure about changing needles and not main jets to get the mixture right. Just doesn't sound like a better idea to me. What about a single FCR carb? Has anyone ever used or seen this setup?

Any feedback or experience is much appreciated.

TC426EX
06-05-2004, 05:26 PM
My friend has a 770 Duncan motor and he is using the single Edelbrock carb setup. He absolutely loves it. The edelbrocks can be a little work to dial in properly at first, but they have GREAT customer service. He called them and gave them our location and they hooked him up with basically spot on jetting specs! It is much easier to screw with one carb than 2 on that thing and he said he got alot more throttle response out of it. As far as running a single FCR, Im not sure about that one... I havent heard anyone doing it, but maybe Im wrong. The Edelbrock kit he got came with the manifold and carb boot so it all kind of went together. Not sure if the same manifold would work for an FCR, but Im sure you can get one separately.

04'400ex'er
06-05-2004, 08:27 PM
Check trinity Racing. The make the 2 in 1 Carb for the Banshee. My bro is gettin one for his.

RAPTORAZ
06-06-2004, 09:15 PM
The reason Raptors have two carbs is so they can have the best of both worlds. Having two smaller carbs instead of one big one gives you great low speed response(high velocity from small venturi's) and great top end(being able to breathe through two 33mm openings instead of one). You'd be doing your buddy a dis-service by putting on a single 40mm carb. He'd gain midrange power at the expense of both low-end and top-end power. Even most well built DS650's have switched to dual carbed set-up's.