PDA

View Full Version : elka

03-23-2002, 04:55 PM
who has the best price on elka shocks. I want the triple rate with ssd.

Dave400ex
03-23-2002, 05:04 PM
C&D Racing. Are you getting Comp. Adjust? Go to WWW.CDRacingOnline.COM

cdalejef
03-23-2002, 05:20 PM
Dave, give me a call on the Elka's monday.

Dave400ex
03-23-2002, 05:27 PM
Jeff, Can you Beat anybody`s Prices?

cdalejef
03-23-2002, 05:32 PM
I can sure try!

Dave400ex
03-23-2002, 05:36 PM
I`ll keep that in Mind. Thanks.

03-23-2002, 05:37 PM
If you want Elka shocks that are some what close to your riding weight and ability go ahead and give The Quadshop a call. This is what I have heard from a lot of people

But if you want good customer service and a shock that is completely custom built for your riding style and weight then go ahead and give C&D Racing a call. I know who I would go with b/c if I am going to spend the money for shocks I would get the ones that are set up for me. This is what I did and I love the shocks they are second to none!

cdalejef
03-23-2002, 05:49 PM
Thats not true Spanky. We do custom valve and spring each shock for you weight and riding style. Last summer Marty drove to Canada to the Elka factory for 4 days to learn how to set up the shocks "the right way". If you don't believe me, call Martin at Elka.

Dave400ex
03-23-2002, 05:53 PM
I have heard that about the Quadshop too. I don`t know if it`s True or Not. I would Hope that it`s not because you are Spending a lot of Money for the Shocks.

cdalejef
03-23-2002, 05:56 PM
I can assure you that its not! If you want, you can come down and watch us valve your shocks!

Dave400ex
03-23-2002, 05:58 PM
I believe you. That would be Cool to see you Setup Shocks though. What is the Wait for Elka`s right now?

cdalejef
03-23-2002, 06:03 PM
2 days. What we do is keep PARTS in stock, then build them for you. We get a shipment of parts in every wednesday. This past week we did about 25 MacDaddy kits, I am beat!!! I see shocks when I am sleeping. LOL

kabd69667
03-23-2002, 06:07 PM
I love my shocks. I got them from HSD Racing. I would reccomend them to anyone

Dave400ex
03-23-2002, 06:07 PM
2 Days for all Shocks? That is Awesome. PEP`s is like 10 Weeks. Nac`s even told My Brother 6 Months for PEP. 25 Mac Daddy Kits? Geez. What all does the Mac Daddy Conversion include?

03-23-2002, 06:08 PM
How much did you have to give for the shocks from HSD Racing and what kind of Elka's did you get?

cdalejef
03-23-2002, 06:09 PM
Clean, revalve (for your weight and riding), recharge and SSD spring kit.

Dave400ex
03-23-2002, 06:13 PM
Yeah I want the Mac Daddy Kit. What do you Ride? 400ex or 250r? My Brother`s 250r is Awesome. All he needs is a Laeger Swingarm and Shocks and his is a National Quad.

03-23-2002, 06:13 PM
How would I know if my shocks would be set up the same as Elka would set them up (I would trust them much more b/c they are much more skilled and knowledgable) if the quadshop was doing the valving and spring rates?

330exracer
03-23-2002, 06:17 PM
can u rebuild a 350x shock. and how much are the cheapo front elka tripple rate?

cdalejef
03-23-2002, 06:24 PM
WarriorMan, I have a 250R setup for Cross Country.

Spanky, the only way I could prove it is if you come down and watch us or put a tag on your shock with your name on it and I can take pics of us valving your shock. As far a setting it up right, I can give you Elka' s phone number and you can call and ask them if we know what we are doing. Marty went up there and they taught him how to do it.

330exRacer, Yes we can rebuild a 350X shock. Send me a personal message for pricing.

Dave400ex
03-23-2002, 06:27 PM
What does your 250R have on it? Do you Race GNCC?

03-23-2002, 06:31 PM
What I am trying to say is
Is your valving and shock set up exactly the same as Elka's set up?

Does Elka send you the valve shim already set up for me or do you put the valve shim together for me and my riding style?

I would like to know who is doing the valving setup?

Does Elka send you a bunch of valve shims and you will decide what you are going to put my shocks?

cdalejef
03-23-2002, 06:45 PM
WarriorMan, I raced the GNCC's for 6 years in a row, I kinda got burnt out on them especially since they changed the tracks to more wide open type tracks. Now I mostly race the Mid-South Hare Scramble Series htttp://www.msws.org
My R has Houser +1 +1 long travel a-arms with Elka long travel shocks, Houser swingarm with Elka shock, Houser +1 steering stem. I have a Houser CRF450 Chassis on order.

Spanky, Elka has a valving chart that we go by to set up the shock. So yes, we set up the valving the same way Elka would. We have bins full of shims. There are literally hundreds of combinations of valving setups. There is no way that we or Elka for that matter could keep all of those valving stacks made up and ready to go.

03-23-2002, 07:18 PM
When I buy the shocks from Elka they give me a printed out dynanometer test showing that the 2 shocks are the set up the same, they match. To my understanding the 2 shocks valved the same when dyno tested can put out different readings. That is why you need those type of tools so that the valving can be tweaked for the 2 shocks to match.

Do you dyno test the shocks?

Guy400
03-23-2002, 07:44 PM
Spanky, as an outside observer to this thread...what's your deal? You seem bent on proving somehow that The Quadshop doesn't build shocks the correct way. Jeff has repeatedly told you that they set the shocks up the same way as Elka themselves. Do you think that Honda dynoed every shock they put on the 400EX? Are you out of control because your stock shocks don't offer the exact same performance? It's close enough that you don't even know it. If you don't want to buy from The Quadshop, then don't. If your interested in having them build your shock than take Jeff up on the offer and go watch them valve your shock according to Elka's own chart. He is trying to explain how they conduct business and you're constantly badgering him. Just buy directly from Elka so you can sleep better knowing you got your dyno slip.

<rant off>

03-23-2002, 07:48 PM
That is why I went with aftermarket shocks their are better and they do dyno test every shock. I just don't like that the quadshop is building these shocks including the front shocks for people and they don't have all the tools and knowledge to do the job properly and that gives Elka a bad name.

Pepto_Bismol
03-23-2002, 08:00 PM
I just want to put in my 2 cents, cause I deal with Elka alot. I talk with Martin personally about once a week drilling him for those same type of questions because I too want the best set up. Although I have never bought from the Quad shop, I have to Back Jeff up here and can attest to what he is saying. According to Martin, Marty is one of his best customers, and indeed he did attend the seminar at Elka to learn how to appropriately setup the Elka suspension, rebuild or new. And this conversation came up between Martin and I about two months ago because I wanted to know what the difference was between a rear shock rebuild from Elka, and the same deal from the Quad shop becuase the quad shop was 100.00 cheaper. After that, I was set on sending my rear shock to the Quad shop. However, I ran into a bit of extra money, and now Elka is giving me sweet deal on a new Rear shock that they are producing as kind of a promo on their new rear shock line. It's the same setup they are sponsoring Chad Duvall with. I should have it in about two weeks. I am very anal when it comes to purchasing though. Generally I too buy direct from the manufacturer of the product. At any rate, I hope you all find what your looking for, but the Elka's so far have been a spectacular product. Later.
Pepto:cool:

cdalejef
03-23-2002, 08:03 PM
Just because we don't have a dyno doen't mean we don't have the knowledge! Actually, I have a full sponsorship from Elka and they are always sending me new shocks and setups asking for my opinion on XC racing setups. I have been racing Cross Country and Hare Scrambles in the pro class for about 12 years now. Just wait till you see the new quad rate shock that just came out that I had a hand in.
If you want Elka to set them up, by all means do so but, you will pay full retail by doing so.

cdalejef
03-23-2002, 08:08 PM
Pepto, you are going to love that shock!

Dave400ex
03-23-2002, 08:29 PM
Jeff, Your 250r sounds very Nice. Are you going to get a CRF450 Motor? What Shock Setup is Chad Duvall Running?

Spanky, If you don`t like how the Quadshop does their Elka Shocks, just Buy the Shocks from Elka. It`s not that Big of a Deal.

cdalejef
03-23-2002, 08:34 PM
Ya, I'm going to run the CRF450 motor.
I can't say anything about his shock for a couple more weeks. Just watch for Elka to make some exciting new products and team up with some chassis builders.

Dave400ex
03-23-2002, 08:39 PM
Where are you going to get a CRF Motor from? Are you going to make it a 440, or just leave it a 450? I want to see how the Elka Shocks do this Year in GNCC. It will be a while before I can get Shocks so I will be able to see all the New Elka Shocks. I have heard Elka is going to team up with Roll Design.

cdalejef
03-23-2002, 08:42 PM
I'll buy a new bike to get the motor. I'll leave it a 450, in pro XC we don't have a cc limit like GNC.

Dave400ex
03-23-2002, 08:45 PM
Your going to Buy a Brand New CRF450 Dirt Bike just for the Motor? That is going to be Expensive. Isn`t Curtis Sparks just Selling the Motors? Yeah I forgot in XC you don`t have all the Rules like there is in GNC.

cdalejef
03-23-2002, 08:52 PM
By the time you buy the motor, carb, and wiring it almost costs $5000. I can get a new CRF for $6000. I can get $1000 for the forks alone parting it out. See what I mean!

Dave400ex
03-23-2002, 08:56 PM
Who was wanting $5000 for the Motor, Carb, and Wiring? That is Crazy. If a New Bike is only $6000, it would be Cheaper to Buy it. You could get some Money out of the Frame and Stuff.

cdalejef
03-23-2002, 09:04 PM
Yep, the motor's go for about $3800 and the electronics, carb, wiring and stuff form Honda is way up there.

Dave400ex
03-23-2002, 09:06 PM
I can`t believe it is that Expensive. Hopefully Honda builds a New Sport Quad soon.

cdalejef
03-23-2002, 09:08 PM
No doubt!

Dave400ex
03-23-2002, 09:12 PM
The 400EX is not Fast Enough for those Cannondales and Raptors. With the 450 Motor Setup Costing so much I don`t think many people can afford to Build one.

kid300ex
03-23-2002, 09:26 PM
I'm sold on Elka's, when I get my new 400ex that will be my first BIG mod to it, first will be skids and bumpers, and then some Elka's. Im kinda wondering still what to get, 400ex or Raptor? Im a big kid and like reverse, and like the extra Hp. But the raptor seems kinda to tippy, I thought maybe new suspension and a 1 inch offset rim in the rear would help it.. (I want to set it up for XC) So I figure if I get a 400 or a Raptor, 23" holeshots or razors in the front and 22" all-traks in the rear all on douglas rims. The 400 just seems easy to work on and is more practical for me because Im a big honda fan, kids at school make fun of my cause I ride a honda and they all have raptors and banshees...... I dont give a s**** either way, its just what I feel is best I suppose weather I get a honda or yamaha.

Jeff, Your quad is gonna be sick!!

cdalejef
03-23-2002, 09:38 PM
My partner Mary has a Raptor set up for XC, it really works great! The Elkas lowered the center of gravity and made it handle great. He also got a 2' extended swingarm which keeps the front end down and makes it more stable in the woops. Both quads make great woods bikes.

Thats a good decision to do the suspension first. Lots of people make the mistake of building the motor first (400 or Raptor). The stock suspension isn't really up to the task of handling a stock motor mush less a modified motor.

We run 23" tires in the front and 20" or 22" in the rear depending on how rutted the track is. I would stay with the stock wheels un less you want bead locks. They hold up better than the standard Douglas wheels.

CBRSLIDER
03-23-2002, 09:40 PM
I ordered my Elka fronts from the Quadshop and they came with a dyno chart. I love them. They do exactly what I want them to do. And Marty at the Quadshop has been great to work with. I waited a few months to get my rear shock converted to the MacDaddy and again I had the Quadshop do it. It is awesome.

I also had the opportunity to talk to Martin at Elka. One heck of a nice guy. Infact after our conversation he was talking about setting up a series sponsorship for the series that I run in NY. Can't beat that. Wish he would just sponsor me. haha. We also talked about Marty at the Quadshop. Martin had nothing but good things to say about Marty and his work. Definately reassuring.

So my experiences with Elka have been great. Both on the manufacture and dealer ends. If you want to deal with the factory direct go for it. I suggest that you speak a little french. I called them and couldn't understand their receptionist. I just like to deal with a dealer especially one that has treated me as good as Marty has. It helps the little guy. Which by the way the quadshop has to be doing a booming business lately. It seems that everyone that I talk to is ordering from them.

Thanks
Ray

cdalejef
03-23-2002, 09:49 PM
Thanks CBRSLIDER, Marty and I are nuts, in addition to The Quad Shop we both have night jobs. Mary works for Ford and I work for UPS. Hopefully we can one day quit those jobs and go all out on the Quad Shop.

03-24-2002, 01:47 AM
By the time you buy the motor, carb, and wiring it almost costs $5000. I can get a new CRF for $6000. I can get $1000 for the forks alone parting it out. See what I mean!

Jeff does this mean you wont sell me the rest of the bike for $500.00:D

OK for the Quad shop basher and Elks'a in general. I had a chance recently to check out some different shocks on both a 400EX and a Raptor and let me first tell anyone who has not seen the elka up close its a quality unit with some great hardware. Like anything else it is not without flaws but the good part here is that they are addressing those concerns(different spring spacers or more agressive valving etc). I would expect that they will handle any new issues as well in the future.

The ones I had tested out were directly from elka and not really spot on. They performed great but did need some fine tuning. Even with this the cerrent owner was absolutly thrilled with them and when compared to stock I would also agree with him.

Point here is where ever you buy your shocks you most likely are going to need to adjust them somewhat to your riding conditions and style. This may not require you to send them back for a revalve or respringing but you should expect to at least need to adjust comp and rebound to get them "dialed in" so I would not be dissapointed if you need to get your new shocks re-done no matter what MFG or where you get them.

Also I was able to get the elka's to bottom fairly easily but they were super smooth until that point and that was just how the owner wanted them and the ride and handeling was excelent. I didnt have a chance to fool with the settings but they were almost "full soft" and should have adjusted well.

You all should consider getting the Elka rear also as your rear will thank you every time you get into the rough whoops or other stuff as the travel seemed to soak it up much better than the rebuilds.

As far the Quad Shop goes it may seem that Jeff is a little "eager" to help out or get a sale but trust me every quote I have received from them has been very competitive. I think we should be happy with having Jeff on board as well as the other retailers and builders etc. that come to this post as the additional knowlege and input is a real help.

Sorry for the sermon just wanted to vent a little.

PS. Hey Jeff can we work that deal on the CRF now:devil

NacsRacing400
03-24-2002, 07:43 AM
Thats true, What ever company you get shocks for you will still have to dial them in for maximum performance. My cousin just got his pep zps front and rear shocks and he still has to dial it in so his quad sits lower. I think the elkas are just as good as the pep shocks and they look like they are built like custom axis.

Dave400ex
03-24-2002, 08:54 AM
Kid300ex, If you are going to Race XC I would go with a 400EX. Right now the 400EX is Winning all those GNCC Pro Four Stroke Races. My Dad even told me the other day he was thinking about Selling his Raptor and getting a 400EX. He said for XC you don`t need all that Power. Yeah I wish the 400EX was Faster, but that`s what TC Racing is for. TC`s XC 425 Motor has Won the Four Stroke Class Three or Four Years in a Row. You can`t Beat that because all the 425 Kit includes is a 425 Piston, TC XC Cam, and a TC Pipe. I think it is around $650 for everything. I already have the TC Pipe and I am very happy with it. If you get a Raptor I would get Shocks and a Axle on that thing first. I don`t really like riding my Dads. You should be Happy with either one.

CBRSLIDER, 440EX4me, Thanks for all that Info. You Guys just told me why I wanted to get Elka. Do either one of you have the Triple Rate SSD Comp. Adjust Fronts and the Rear Rebuild? That`s what I want to do and wanted to know what you Guys thought about it if you have that Setup. Thanks.

Jeff, I have a Few more Questions. The First one is on the Shocks. Do I need Rebound Adjust or should I just get Compression Adjust? A lot of the Shock Guys say the Rebound Adjust just make the Shocks Harder to Adjust. I have never messed with Aftermarket Shocks so I wanted to know if I need Rebound Adjust. Now on the Rear Shock. How does the Rebuild compare to a New Elka Rear Shock? I don`t have the Money for a New Rear Shock, but I would like to know how this Rebuild is. Now on Tires and Rims. I think I am going to get those New Razr 2`s. Have you seen them yet? I want to get 22" Fronts and 20" Rears. Is that a Good Setup for XC? What Rims are you Running? I`m not sure if I want to keep the Stock Rims until they won`t hold Air anymore, or get the Carbon Fiber Beadlocks. I really want Beadlocks, but being 14 I don`t have that kind of Money unless I find a Job this Summer. What kind of Skid Plates do you think are Best?

Nausty
03-24-2002, 11:50 AM
can't be good to bottem it out all day long on jumps like this.

trx400ex
03-24-2002, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Nausty
can't be good to bottem it out all day long on jumps like this.
start saving for a new frame..

CBRSLIDER
03-24-2002, 01:01 PM
Warriorman,
I have the ssd trip rate fronts w/ piggybaks. My rear is a converted rear to the Elka Macdaddy. It is one heck of a setup. I went for about 4-5 months with just the fronts and they worked great but the rear was really starting to kick my arse. I got the rear done and it really balanced things out. I can now run through corners faster and hit rocks and roots with out any worries. I actually found myself hitting trail obstacles faster and harder, thus bending my .190's. I had just bought the rims brand new last summer. It really sucked. So now I am buying the carbon fibers all around. I have a set of champion beadlocks that I will be selling to get the new carbons.

Any questions just pm me.

I had great luck with the quadshop and even if you might save 10-20 bucks somewhere else look ahead to the possibility of needing to rely on the dealers knowledge. Marty definately has a grip on the shocks.

Later
Ray

Tommy 17
03-24-2002, 02:00 PM
i never really looked into shocks so far but for both the front elka and rear converted its like 1050 right... and how much does it lower ur quad bc i wouldn't want my quad to low for trail riding...

Dave400ex
03-24-2002, 02:17 PM
Nausty, You need to get some Shocks if you are going to Jump that High. If not, trx400ex is right, you better start saving for a New Frame.

Thank You CBRSLIDER. The Setup in My Signature is the one I will be going with. Now I just need to make some Money.

400ex21, You could get the Setup in My Signature for around $1025. It is not going to Lower your 400EX that much. It will still be Great for Trail Riding. A lot of the Guys that have the SSD Elka`s Race XC with no Problems. Go for the Shocks.

kabd69667
03-24-2002, 02:23 PM
The rear sits about 5 inches lower and the front isn't quite as much but it will make you sit lower. I like it though and it soaks up the bumps and such on the trails

Dave400ex
03-24-2002, 02:32 PM
Kabd, How much were your Fronts and the Rear Rebuild?

Nausty
03-24-2002, 02:34 PM
yah I know, its hurting me too. My dad is looking into shocks but I think he will say no when he sees the 1000 dollar price tag and I am not wanting works because i'm gonna be into racing and I plan on going way bigger than in this picture cuz the jumps are easy and I don't think works would cut it either. I got about 630 saved up and another 100 coming. I burn cd's at school and a bunch of other little things. And that picture I posted wasn't the big jump either.

Dave400ex
03-24-2002, 02:41 PM
Your Dad shouldn`t say No since you already have all the Money for the Front Shocks. He just needs to Pay for the Rebuild.

Nausty
03-24-2002, 02:45 PM
ok thats a way to pursuede him:) What is the point in having a remote resivoure(spel?) Because I am wanting the same setup as yours sept for the resivoure.

kabd69667
03-24-2002, 02:48 PM
i paid $750 for the fronts and then like $295 w/ shipping for the rear. So the total was right aroun $1050

Nausty
03-24-2002, 02:54 PM
if my dad says yes we will probably be getting them from c&d racing. Do they got decent prices. The reason I picked them is because I have heard so many good things about them.

Dave400ex
03-24-2002, 03:01 PM
Nausty, I don`t think there is a Difference in Performance with the Two Types of Rezzies. I just like how they Look up front on the Frame. C&D has the Cheapest Prices I`ve Found. The Fronts are $735 and the Rear is $275, I think. Call and Ask.

fly400ex
03-24-2002, 03:07 PM
I don't know anything abou the quad shop, but what I do know is that Elka will not let you be an authorized dealer if you do not get trained by them and follow their valving charts. I would trust Jeff, and yes his valving would be the same as Elka. I have dealt will Elka quite a bit. as far as I know Elka doesn't sell a generic shock that is not setup.

Jason

Dave400ex
03-24-2002, 03:08 PM
Fly400ex, Do you have Elka`s?

Nausty
03-24-2002, 03:12 PM
Nausty, I don`t think there is a Difference in Performance with the Two Types of Rezzies. I just like how they Look up front on the Frame. C&D has the Cheapest Prices I`ve Found. The Fronts are $735 and the Rear is $275, I think. Call and Ask.

I emailed them. Man I hope my dad says yes and thanks for the prices because I couldn't find them on the site.

Guy400
03-24-2002, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by 400ex21
and how much does it lower ur quad bc i wouldn't want my quad to low for trail riding... That's exactly my thing too, Tommy. The LT already sits well over an inch lower than a 400EX so I don't want to sacrifice any ground clearance so I'm going with dual rate Elka's. It's my understanding that when buying the triple rates you're only actually getting the dual rate portion to do the suspending. The "triple" spring is the fine spring that takes care of the SSD function of the shock, it doesn't actually absorb much of the impact. My dual rates with compression and remotes is a far cheaper route than the triples with SSD. I don't plan on MX'ing so the lack of SSD is perfect for me.

Fly, I agree, when I was shopping for Elka's for my Raptor I called Elka to make sure that The Quadshop was an authorized dealer of Elka suspension. They had nothing but great things to say about Marty. Elka just doesn't hand out their shocks to anyone.

Dave400ex
03-24-2002, 05:55 PM
Thanks for the Extra Info Guy. I want my 400EX to Sit Lower though. It feels a little High in the Turns. It must be because I was used to Riding a Warrior. I just want some Shocks.

Nausty
03-24-2002, 06:08 PM
how much would it lower it on stock a-arms with ssd???

Dave400ex
03-24-2002, 06:12 PM
I`m not really Sure. I could ask Ex`rMarlin. He had all the Specs after he got his Elka SSD`s. Do you want me to ask Him?

Nausty
03-24-2002, 06:18 PM
sure:D

03-24-2002, 07:44 PM
In short, when I got my Elka front and rear shocks set up for a 215 lb rider and for Cross Country (XC):
Without sitting;
Front- lowered .75" versus stock
Middle- lowered .5" versus stock
Rear- lowered 1.06" versus stock

Sitting;
Front- lowered .88" versus stock
Middle- lowered .38" versus stock
Rear- lowered .38" versus stock

Note: I used a point on the front bumber, the shifter shaft for middle, and the grab bar for rear dimensions.

Note: The Elkas also come with spacers that you can remove to lower ride height and they also come with adjustable colars to set ride height. I recently removed the 1/2" spacer on the 2 fronts and wow..... Not only did it drop it more, but for me the handling was spectacular for me. I will continue to "fine tune" the beauties, but for now, I'm so happy with my setup. I have not removed the other 3/8" spacer on the fronts and tried that setup yet....

Dave400ex
03-24-2002, 07:47 PM
There you go Nausty. Thanks Ex`rMarlin. You still are Adjusting your Shocks? Let me know when you Find the Best Setup.

Nausty
03-24-2002, 08:39 PM
thanks guys I got the widest grin on my face right now because I think my dad is gonna order them tomarrow. I can't wait to start hitting bigger jumps because i'm getting pretty bored with those jumps but the quad won't allow me to go higher and farther. We are getting them from c&d.

cdalejef
03-24-2002, 09:27 PM
440ex4me, your right 90% of the time you will need to dial in new shock to suit your tastes by adjusting comp. and rebound. Today I ran my second race with my new long travels and decided I need to speed up the rebound a little bit. Haha on the $500!!! :D

Warriorman, if you are getting the standard front shocks (not long travel) I wouldn't get the rebound adjuster. They are more confusing to adjust but the big thing is they have to shorten the shock shaft by a little over an inch to get the rebound knob on there, that means you loose some travel. The MacDaddy kit is a huge improvement over the stock shock! We do about 50 MacDaddy coversions for every 1 new rear shock we sell. I would only recommend getting a new rear shock if you are a hardcore racer. I don't know that much about the new razers but from what I hear they should be a great tire for XC. The 22" and 20" tire setup is the most popular sizes to run in XC. I run stock rims on the rear and Douglas rolled edge rims with a 4+1 offset on the front. In my opinion the only rim stronger than stock is beadlocks. I run PRM skids, I haven't been able to tear one up yet.

Dave400ex
03-25-2002, 06:51 AM
Nausty, You are so Lucky. Let us know if you get Them.

Jeff, I will be getting the Standard Front Shocks for Stock A-Arms. I would like to get +1 A-Arms, but I need Rims, Tires, and some Motor Work before I start getting A-Arms and Swingarms. I don`t want Rebound if it`s Hard to Adjust and going to take away Travel. I don`t know why anybody would Buy the Rebound Adjust if they knew it took away Travel. I`ll be getting the Mac Daddy Rear Setup. Man I can`t Wait. Well I think I will Buy Razrs when I get New Tires. I got a Question, should I just Run the Stock Rims until they are Trash, or just save for the Carbon Fiber Beadlocks? Right now I have AC Skids, but I think when my Swingarm Skid goes Bad I want to get a Pro-Tect. Have you ever seen one of them? Thanks.

cdalejef
03-25-2002, 11:05 AM
WarriorMan, if you run a good set of 6 ply tires, you shouldn't even be trashing your stock wheels. They should last for years with those tires. Yes, I had a Pro-tech skid before, very strong but also very heavy do to it being stainless steel.

03-25-2002, 01:22 PM
Hey Jeff,,do you guy's take trade-in shocks toward Elkas...:D

Dave400ex
03-25-2002, 02:14 PM
Well after I get the Shocks I think I will get some Razr Six Ply Tires. I really like the Pro-Tect Skid. I could handle the Extra Weight for the Extra Protection.

Yeah I`ll give you my Stock Shocks for some Elka`s.

cdalejef
03-25-2002, 03:35 PM
What kinda shocks do you have Rico?
WarriorMan, I have plenty of paper weights! :D

Dave400ex
03-25-2002, 05:14 PM
Jeff, I know Rico has Works Triple Rate Fronts with Rezzies. Paper Weights? I`m sure you could find something better to do with Them.

kid300ex
03-25-2002, 05:19 PM
Thank you Jeff and WarriorMan,

I cant decide!!!! this is a hard one. I guess it will just come down to the day I get one of two, Im thinking a raptor, with 23" and 22" tires, Elka suspension, and PRM bumpers and skids (already have them on my 300ex) But damn this is one **** of a hard decision.

Jeff, would you by chance have a picture of your buddies raptor? I might have seen it before (I think)

Dave400ex
03-25-2002, 05:33 PM
Kid300ex, If you go with a Raptor I wouldn`t get Taller Tires. The Raptor is High enough already. Either one would be Good. I`ll just keep Riding Honda, so I can keep Riding. LOL. There is Pictures of a Raptor with Elka`s on the Quadshop Site. It`s Sweet.

cdalejef
03-25-2002, 05:34 PM
Kid300ex, there is an old picture of Marty's Woods Raptor on our web site http://www.quadshopatv.com/Elka_raptor%20view.htm its the blue one. In the pic, he has +2 Houser long travel arms. Now he has +1 Houser long travels, 23" front tires and 22" rear tires. I can get some pics this week if he will ever wash it! LOL

Dave400ex
03-25-2002, 05:39 PM
That is a Awesome Raptor. Wasn`t that For Sale on Ebay a while ago?

cdalejef
03-25-2002, 05:41 PM
No, but he sold the a-arms on ebay. Maybe he had a picture of the quad on there showing the a-arms.

Dave400ex
03-25-2002, 05:44 PM
Yeah that was it. He had the A-Arms, Shocks, and Axle as a Set on Ebay.