PDA

View Full Version : got my blaster....wut upgrades should i make

DumpWeed1212
06-04-2004, 02:45 PM
what up grades should i make to a 2001 blaster?

JDiablo
06-04-2004, 03:08 PM
tires,nerfs,exhaust,airfilter,handlebars,bumper... .need to to go on?

Ryan
06-04-2004, 03:52 PM
It depends if you want to get more power out of it, or to have it ride and handle better.

Tell us specificly where you ride and what you want to improve on.

Sportrax10
06-04-2004, 03:57 PM
Back brakes...

DumpWeed1212
06-05-2004, 09:53 AM
i want to get better handleing 1st then more power

JDiablo
06-05-2004, 10:01 AM
well from what i hear and the one time i was on a blaster...it wasn't to wide...so you want to widden it up a big,get some wider a-arms...burgards will do just fine 2+1or mebe even 3+1,then some shocks,works will do just fine,but if you want a better ride get some elkas...for the back,a axle to widden it up,and if you want a longer swinger,and a rear shock...then your good to go on power wise

bulkdriverlp
06-10-2004, 09:43 PM
put banshee front shocks on it and a z400 shock in rear, plus 3 swingarm wheel spacers in back and flip the front tires in front make it wider itl rock then!

bradley300
06-10-2004, 10:17 PM
do it right and spend some cash on it, first, you have one of the old ones, so heres what i would do (i have a 2003 blaster by the way)

1. rocky mountain ATV sells conversion brackets for the stock spindles for 200 bycks so you can use a banshee front brake system, not sure what all else you would need, but this is a must!
2.next, buy a 2003 axle carrier and caliper mount, now you can buy a rear brake set up off a raptor, and use a 2003 blaster axle, or go with a wider banshee axle (u can buy it used, so it will cheaper)
3. if you want, dissregaurd the axle carrier on step 2 and buy a burgaurs ext. swingy. order it for a 2003 model, it will come w/ the caliper mount. it is also a round housing (like a 300ex) the chain adjust is WAY better and cleaner looking. just bought one my self, went w/ a plus 2 for xc racing
4.now that you have a good ext. swingarm, you need a new rear shock, you dont need a nice elka like i got but its nice, works are great if your on a budget
5. burgaurd makes som nice a-arms, but if you really want the best, leagers just released a set of plus 3 LT a-arms for the blaster to use 16 inch shocks, talk about a sweet set up! they are plus 3 only tho, so now your up to 46 inches wide, if you want to be narrower than that, a set of 4-1 wheels will do the trick, but you will need harkor hubs to convert to a honda pattern b/c hiper dosent make 4-1 wheels for yammys
6. 20 inch rear tires is a must for good handleing, get 9 inch rear wheels while your at it.
7. LRD RFX pipe, good set of reeds and a good air filter
8.keep it cleen and well maintnaced, keep the tranny oil fresh, keep the air filter clean, check over the hole bike each time you ride it for anything loose, check the tierods, ball joints, and all the hubs for sure, keep an eye on the chain and sprockets, if your like me, it wont take you long to chew thru a set
9. whatch your friends drool at your badazz blaster

DumpWeed1212
06-11-2004, 08:28 PM
sweet thanks man!

bradley300
06-11-2004, 09:54 PM
after the breaks, the rear suspension is really what will hold you back from going fast, all the shocks and geomtry sucks, but the rear is far worse than the front