PDA

View Full Version : ATK/Cannondale Update

Puff Daddy
06-04-2004, 07:27 AM
(the new and improved cannondale moto 440 or Blaze)

ATK offers it's reliability kit: claims to have had zero failures since it released the new units........

Here's what you get:

The engine have undergone extensive tweaking, each has been gone through and revamped considerably, then blueprinted (an 8-hour process).

A balanced crankshaft helps reduce engine vibration.

The motor also comes with a new, longer-lasting piston and cylinder liner (which also bumps displacment to 449cc (same as 450r) the liner and piston have three times the life when compared with the stocker.

The stock cannondale powerplant tended to fall flat on its face when shifting between fourth and fifth gear. ATK has modified the tranny with a new, closer gear ratio between fourth and fifth gear, so it pulls harder.

The shifting mechanism has also been modified, so it's easier to shiftand to find neutral.

Some tweaking has been done in the connectivity between the fuel-injection system and the electronics for improved reliability.

Various engine componets have been modified to be quieter (the stocker rattled quite a bit).

Oil flow has been modified, so certain engine componets get more oil.

New fasteners and longer engine bolts improve reliability (and ATK has used Loctite on all the engine bolts to make sure the engine is as reliable as can be).:D :cool:

USAMoto00
06-08-2004, 07:16 PM
I got to ride one and it absolutely ripped! The only thing that I didn't like was the Elka suspension. It was pretty harsh. I prefer the Ohlins.

Toadz400
06-09-2004, 01:04 PM
That's awesome that they are upgrading all that stuff. I would definately get one, but I don't think I'd ever have that kind of money to go out and buy one.

happyboy
06-09-2004, 01:33 PM
Its called financing!

I own a dale and I swear that if you can get a reliable Dale for that cost you would not regret it. For that money you get a bike that is race ready and will beat any of its compeition dollar for dollar.

Toadz400
06-09-2004, 01:53 PM
Wow I didn't know that the ATK engines were Rotax. Do you think the Cannondale engines will be made using Rotax technology (Bombardier)? I know that the Rotax engines run strong and last a long time.

happyboy
06-09-2004, 01:57 PM
Rotax? What are you talking about? Never even head of that.

Toadz400
06-10-2004, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by happyboy
Rotax? What are you talking about? Never even head of that.

Bombardier makes them, very strong durable engines. They use them in their quad engines, like the DS650.

My dad also has a Bombardier Ultralight that uses a 582 twin 2-stroke liquid cooled engine, very powerful and reliable. If you look them up, Bombardier makes THE best light-weight airplane engines.

happyboy
06-10-2004, 01:16 PM
And why did you say ATK was putting them in their motors?

bradley300
06-10-2004, 10:23 PM
ATK normaly uses rotax motors for thier machines but they are not with the c-dales. they are merely going thru the c-dale designed motor and making it more reliable and a little faster