PDA

View Full Version : Trade: 86 TRX250r for older sportbike

JTRtrx250r
06-04-2004, 02:50 AM
looking to trade my R project(90% complete) for an older crotch-rocket/sportbike , downed or needing TLC in Wa only,(might throw in my shifterkart also for the right bike), if hip....gimme a yell

dirtmomma
06-04-2004, 08:47 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: Damn wish I had a sport bike LOL, I got a YZ125 hehehe, so your getting rid of it huh :( Looking to trade for anything else?? How bout a 85 RX-7 ;) needs brakes but has BRAND new clutch Well sorrry to hear your selling/trading it BTW how much $$ would you want for it??

diesel-mech
06-04-2004, 10:17 AM
got an 88 gxsf600 katana thats got some hop ups, Needs some tlc, I did some custom fiberglass work to the body to give it a more "modern" look, Has extra set of tires(new condition) I would be willing to through in some cash if the quad is decent. The katana has a solo seat only, rear fender eliminator, vance & hines exhaust, but it needs alittle work. looks like a racer. under 10k miles on it

JTRtrx250r
06-07-2004, 01:34 AM
I was gonna say "DM" ..but that wouldnt work in this situation haha so..

Kym..., I havent really thought about how much , figured it might make a good trade for what Im after.... CHEAP TRANSPO! lol, I gotta have a roadbike,..between gas and insurance it would really help me ,and I miss my ol' Ninja zx6 but would ride any sportbike and like it haha

d-mech..if your not in Wa its probably too far anyway:( but I sure appreciate the post;) :cool:

dirtmomma
06-07-2004, 08:00 AM
WEll hummmm guess I'll have to see what we can come across :) but if ya come up w/ a price LMK ya never know we may be interested ;) I know what your sayin abuot the gas & insurance though :rolleyes: Ron started driving his little 4 cylinder truck & parked the Chev, we're saving about $50 or more a week in fuel alone :eek: so we're thinking we just might sell the chevy & buy an inclosed trailer since we still have the suburban to pull it w/. Well take it easy we'll be TTYL :) Hey there's some people from ATV connection getting together on the 12th up @ Reiter would ya be interested in going??

JTRtrx250r
06-07-2004, 01:24 PM
well like an idiot..I gave my lil 4 cyl pick-up away :rolleyes: it just sat and now I regret it haha

very good possibility I might be at Reiter, my tabs for the R expired last week so I gotta get them , but it really depends on if my buddys knee is healed up ( he's 1 of those guys that seems to get hurt more than he rides:rolleyes: :D ) he bit it and his knee got caught in his rear sprocket:huh if all else fails I'll see if my other pal wants to go, he rides an R also..he just finally got his tranny gears after a yr and just got it together, now if I can get him to leave his yard lol

trick450r
06-07-2004, 01:36 PM
hey jeremy you like yur toys right...wanna trade it for a chopper minibike??

JTRtrx250r
06-07-2004, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by trick450r
hey jeremy you like yur toys right...wanna trade it for a chopper minibike?? Trick...if it could do 55-60 mph and be road legal...I'd consider it LOL:D , Actually my nephews building a few mini-choppers w/ Briggs motors, but I really need a street bike, preferablly an older sport bike needing attention, but Thanks for posting Trick450r:cool:

dirtmomma
06-07-2004, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by JTRtrx250r
well like an idiot..I gave my lil 4 cyl pick-up away :rolleyes: it just sat and now I regret it haha

very good possibility I might be at Reiter, my tabs for the R expired last week so I gotta get them , but it really depends on if my buddys knee is healed up ( he's 1 of those guys that seems to get hurt more than he rides:rolleyes: :D ) he bit it and his knee got caught in his rear sprocket:huh if all else fails I'll see if my other pal wants to go, he rides an R also..he just finally got his tranny gears after a yr and just got it together, now if I can get him to leave his yard lol

Well LMK if you go up there I'll look for ya, we will probably be driving my 2 tone brown/tan suburban w/ a 16' trailer w/ a red bed, you can't miss the truck it says "SHUT UP & RIDE" on the back window :blah: we will have the Kodiak(blue), 400, & my 300 (it'll be the widest one there I bet :rolleyes: ) maybe we'll see ya there!!

dirtmomma
06-10-2004, 08:33 AM
Hey Jeremy, well my bro has about an 83 or 85 Suzuki(I think) GSX550, I can't remember exactly what it is right off the top of my head, but he said it runs all it really needs is a seat, we were gonna take the motor & put it in a quad but decided against it, it's a decent looking bike, it will need some good cleaning of course, but would you be interested in it???? He would LOVE to have a quad, he's got all bikes, & he would let my son ride it :blah: LMK what ya think I'll get the right/more info today & let you know :):):)

dirtmomma
06-10-2004, 08:35 AM
Well just thought I would let ya know also that this Sat going to Reiter we will be driving our motorhome instead, must have bathroom & bevereages LOL it's a class C dodge can't miss it :) hope to see you there!!!

JTRtrx250r
06-11-2004, 02:48 PM
Kym,
Thats sweet you checked into it, but its a tad older than Im looking for, that and Im an anti-suzuki guy lol(unless its a GSXR600-750), I had a guy offer me 1800 for the project R..but I havent heard back from him..so its just sitting in the garage..

I also found out my parents are gonna be in town this weekend so that pretty much ruins my weekend for play time:( If its a race...moms usually pretty understanding...but she knows I havent been for awhile so Im screwed,

Hopefully I'll get to meet you guys 1 of these days dammit!! haha:rolleyes: :D

be safe and enjoy your weekend;) :cool:

dirtmomma
06-13-2004, 09:33 AM
Thats cool ;) about the Suzuki thing LOL, how much more do you have to do to it??? Does it run?
Well you missed a GOOD time @ Rieter, all I can say is WOW!! We did more rock climbing than I ever thought I would, not just rocks them babies were the size of a VW bug:eek2: my poor 300 w/ the 18" tires was getting high centered all the time but I never got stuck in the mudd once LOL< just kept givin er more gas & got thru the masses of water/mudd. I went up/down some hills I would OF NEVER DONE BEFORE Ron just would look back @ me as I sat & shook my head NO, & he would shake his head YES :rolleyes: so I had no choice LMAO it was good for me though. We had a group of 18 of us from ATV Connection so it was a good time w/ lots of levels of rides I'm proud to say I was in the front group hehe the 300 is running like a rocket & keeping up w/ the 400's now HAHAHA :devil: :blah: :macho

JTRtrx250r
06-13-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
Thats cool ;) about the Suzuki thing LOL, how much more do you have to do to it??? Does it run?
Well you missed a GOOD time @ Rieter, all I can say is WOW!! We did more rock climbing than I ever thought I would, not just rocks them babies were the size of a VW bug:eek2: my poor 300 w/ the 18" tires was getting high centered all the time but I never got stuck in the mudd once LOL< just kept givin er more gas & got thru the masses of water/mudd. I went up/down some hills I would OF NEVER DONE BEFORE Ron just would look back @ me as I sat & shook my head NO, & he would shake his head YES :rolleyes: so I had no choice LMAO it was good for me though. We had a group of 18 of us from ATV Connection so it was a good time w/ lots of levels of rides I'm proud to say I was in the front group hehe the 300 is running like a rocket & keeping up w/ the 400's now HAHAHA :devil: :blah: :macho LOL..Ron knows best!:D too funny! Ive always said I'd like to see the big-dogs have an XC race at Reiter:p :D :devil: it can be brutal!! Thats alot of ppl..sounds like you guys had some fun, wished I coulda been there, those 250x/300ex's are great for some of the tighter trails there, w/ all the ppl that have been showing up b/c of other places getting closed..its been pretty packed w/ ppl. alot of the good stuff has been closed due to the drunk jackasses in 4x4's, altho I can say they've helped widen a few trails to make them faster for us..but nothings worse that railin' arond a turn to find a Jeep stuck in the middle of the trail, w/ bikes you have a better chance squeeking by them..but the quads make it a bit more challenging

Glad to hear your happy w/ the 300!!!

brodie200
06-13-2004, 10:01 PM
hey mnan whats up

i have a 19 79 kawaski 650 its old and it great shape

i would trade you but you live far far away from me

JTRtrx250r
06-14-2004, 02:40 PM
Hey Brodie..how have you been? Good I hope!:D

Yeah , you are a bit far, and Im trying to stay above 86...that way they still have some style ...barely lol, w/ all this stunting fad going on these days.....its hard to find a cheaper bike that hasn't been hammered, and it also amazes me what ppl are asking for a bike thats been dropped 75 times,tank all bashed in and w/ broken/missing body-parts:rolleyes: ...But Im still lookin' lol:D just not for old or stunt bikes

take care bro!!

Anybody got a 86-on sport bike bike to swap me?????? might even consider a cruiser for now,

Trade 250r or kart..or maybe both for the right bike in Wa or Seattle area...ANYBODY??????????:D

JTRtrx250r
06-20-2004, 03:22 PM
$1500 for R or $2000 for shifter kart and 250r

brodie200
06-20-2004, 11:09 PM
dude i wish you lived closer thats one hell of a deal if i livedd closer i would buy it...like when i was going to buy your cart

the carts bad *** guys i would but it if he was closer

this sucks a R and the cart for 2000?

im about to tae a road trip haha

JTRtrx250r
06-20-2004, 11:41 PM
well the karts a roller now...b/c I traded the motor ...for R parts on an R Im now trying to get rid of:rolleyes: :mad: :o :D

I'll just take a loss and hope the bike I buy makes me forget about it LOL, the karts most aftermarket and now its more reason to go back to the original style shifter motor,...but it still has the Briggs motor-mount bolted on it, so someone could run it either way I spose

If I end up keeping it, I'll eventually set er' back up:D I hate getting rid of my toys...but if its for what I want, I just tell myself I can always get another some day...

dirtmomma
06-21-2004, 07:26 AM
Hey Jeremy does the R run?? I never did find out, if not what does it need/have I'll have to tell Ron about this deal & do ya have any pics of it?? LMK TTYL~Kym

JTRtrx250r
06-21-2004, 02:37 PM
the R isnt in running shape yet, needs a radiator, electrical, airbox, pipe and paint(maybe a few grommets), and could have had all the parts from Rriders for about 150-ish to complete it, just have had other prioritys:(

it has an 85 motor in an 86 frame, motors still on 1st bore w/ stock piston,

it does need 2 shims behind the kicker(which were lost b/c the last owner took the clutch cover off to inspect the clutch( when the prob was a way-out of adjustment on the cable:rolleyes: )

I dont have the title, but theres supposed to be 1...the person I bought it from is supposed to be persuing it, and if I didnt get it soon...I was just gonna have to have it inspected and get a title myself for it

Its a killer start for someone that wants an R w/o flippin big $$, the ONLY reason I said 1500 is b/c I found a sportbike that Im gettin' a sweet deal on....if I sell this R in time

Pm me you email and I'll send a pic, and Sorry Kym for not answering your question the 1st time you asked haha;)

JTRtrx250r
06-30-2004, 02:50 PM
Karts been sold but still have the R so

BUMP!!:D

JTRtrx250r
07-04-2004, 02:35 PM
Thanks for the interest ppl...But the R is no longer for sale:)

airheadedduner
07-04-2004, 04:16 PM
If you look on ebay there is a place in alabama I think that is sellin bikes with salvage titles. They have an 97' YFZ600R(predesesser of the R6) on there with fairing damage for 630 at the moment!!!!! Figure 500 to ship, not a bad deal. I was gonna buy it but I have other priorities. I would go to a track day and see if you can get a down'd race bike. They go for cheap.

JTRtrx250r
07-04-2004, 04:52 PM
yeah I was thinking about that, found a local f2 600 trackbike for a G, seems you can buy a faster,lighter track bike for cheaper than anything on the road, wanted something I could do both haha but the cheap summer transpo is most important at this point

Those track days are gonna be sweet!:devil:

Im gonna need em too, been since 94-95 since I sold my last bike:o :D

trick450r
07-04-2004, 08:23 PM
Jesus jtr wish i had a bike for you...i know how you fell tho im selling it all for a crf50 besides the quads of course but with everyone modding them they are so expensive!