PDA

View Full Version : Front Brake Help Quick!!

kaneman23
03-23-2002, 12:59 PM
I am changing my front brake pads and I can't get them off. I don't have a service manual handy either. On the back of the caliper there is are 2 very short threaded bolt\screws. Once you remove those with a slotted screw driver there are 2 allen head bolts going through the calipers holding the pads on. Are they reverse thread or do they have threads at all. I have tried to hammer them out with a punch and also used an allen wrench and cannot budge them either way. They are soaking in some liquid wrench but it doesn't seem to help. How do they come out? Thanks,
Justin

FullBloodFreak
03-23-2002, 02:21 PM
just did mine and they came out ok.they should unscrew with the allen

Red Rooster
03-23-2002, 02:23 PM
Ok I assume that these are stock pads. There is a good deal of thread locker on them from the factory. They could have corroded if they got wet/stayed wet for some time. The threads are the normal righty-tighty, lefty-loosey threads. Lets hope hour hammering didn't fowl up the threads too bad.

kaneman23
03-23-2002, 04:16 PM
Thanks guys, like someone said they had some locktite or something on them. It took a lot of torque to break them loose. I am a pretty strong dude and I'm known for breaking bolts clean off, so I was scared to apply any more pressure then I already was. Thanks again for the help.

Justin

Red Rooster
03-23-2002, 06:12 PM
NO problem. we's all like family here.