PDA

View Full Version : robotics jobs

jaywoodsrider
06-03-2004, 04:24 PM
I just graduated with an A.A.S. degree in robotics/automation. Does anybody know of any entry level jobs.

wilkin250r
06-03-2004, 04:33 PM
I used to work with robotics for application of thermal coatings. Look around, LOTS of places use robotics for part manipulation that is difficult, repetative, or in extreme environments. OR, many places use robotics for welding. For example, I think Arens uses robotic welding for his frames. Just start looking around, I bet you'll find lots of stuff.

LTandRaptorider
06-03-2004, 04:41 PM
Yep, I took Robotics Engineeering many moons ago... good field to get into. Any Automoblie plants around where you live? Good luck. ;)

banshee364r
06-03-2004, 07:13 PM
like said before more and more industries are going to robotics for their automation processes the #1 reason why robots and other automtated tools are becoming more common reducing labor robots dont get tired myself i program a robotic welder at my work. i would suggest if you are just looking for your first job try to go right to the manufacturer such as Funuc, ABB, Panasonic etc. work there a couiple years get your time in and you should have places knockin down your door in no time. the only draw back to this career as well as many other computer related jobs is that everyone in their grandma goes to school for this stuff thses days so try to get you **** together right away and keep going back to school for updates and such almost any employer is more than willing to send their employees back to school to stay ahead of the game becuz remember "IF YOU CANT DO THE JOB THERE IS SOMEONE OUT THERE WHO CAN" later man and good luck