PDA

View Full Version : Wreck on the first day

Groomsy
06-03-2004, 04:00 PM
boyy if this one didn't beat all i don't know what does....very first day i had my brand new '04 400EX........i wrecked it....if ya wanna call it a wreck
everyone knows how narrow the beds are on S-10's..well in the process of loading the EX to take it to a friend's house for a ride we were going on it flipped out of the back of my truck.let me explain.narrow bed....front tires hit the fender wells...kicked out the ramps....and needless to say i ended up on my back and my back right fender had some deep scratches and it wasn't even 2 hours old....i was so depressed:( :( :(

WEEZIL
06-03-2004, 04:27 PM
Damn That sucks
Crap happens brother

khen
06-03-2004, 04:29 PM
Ouch! When I first brought mine home I went up to some hills by my house and rolled it onto it's side while climbing a steep rocky hill. It scratched up the plastic and a rim pretty bad. I know how you feel..

sportraxrider10
06-03-2004, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Groomsy
boyy if this one didn't beat all i don't know what does....very first day i had my brand new '04 400EX........i wrecked it....if ya wanna call it a wreck
everyone knows how narrow the beds are on S-10's..well in the process of loading the EX to take it to a friend's house for a ride we were going on it flipped out of the back of my truck.let me explain.narrow bed....front tires hit the fender wells...kicked out the ramps....and needless to say i ended up on my back and my back right fender had some deep scratches and it wasn't even 2 hours old....i was so depressed:( :( :(

hhahhahaa, if it makes you feel any better i did the same exact thing in my truck. i have a 92 sonoma which is pretty much the same thing. it messed up the tail gate but not the quad, and i was on my knee's.

400exrules
06-03-2004, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Groomsy

dang that sucks, did u atleast get to break her in before beatin her up?

khen
06-03-2004, 04:41 PM
My brother did the same thing loading up a mini sandrail. He hit the wheel wells kicked off the ramps rolled it over off of the back of the truck and found his head smashed between the roll cage and the hard rock embedded dirt! His ear was hanging on by a small piece of flesh and his head was cut up pretty bad. Now we always tie the ramps off to the truck so they don't seperate.

Cody_300ex
06-03-2004, 05:15 PM
That sucks big time man!

SRH
06-03-2004, 05:25 PM
u should of been going faster...

FTR250Rnif
06-03-2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by khen
My brother did the same thing loading up a mini sandrail. He hit the wheel wells kicked off the ramps rolled it over off of the back of the truck and found his head smashed between the roll cage and the hard rock embedded dirt! His ear was hanging on by a small piece of flesh and his head was cut up pretty bad. Now we always tie the ramps off to the truck so they don't seperate.
Ouch!!:eek2:

K_Fulk
06-03-2004, 05:28 PM
At least now you don't have to worry about keeping it pretty just go out and ride it you will get scratches regardless.

Groomsy
06-03-2004, 09:38 PM
the only riding tha had been done on the boike when it happened was puttin it in the truck at the honda shop....then going 100 yards down the road and back...so no, it wasn't broke in

Martin Blair
06-03-2004, 11:37 PM
why where you going that fast?

I kinda did that but i was mudding on our 01 rancher and pulled it in the truck and was flying (dads BRAND NEW truck furst riding trip out) and didnt stop slide right into the back of the cab. Broke the window and dent the **** out of the bed and cab. Needless to say my dad was pissed and he knew i was going to fast.

toby400ex
06-04-2004, 01:33 AM
Thats not as bad as a friend of mine rolling his hour old recon into a creek upside down. I saw the whole thing happen. Kinda funny now, but not then.:p

PHAT400
06-04-2004, 07:04 AM
Dude that blow's....... However..... "HERE'S YOUR SIGN".

Did it occur to you maybe to push it up your ramp's first before trying to ride it up? Anyway sorry to hear it man. But now it has character. :D

Lil - Braff
06-04-2004, 11:55 AM
Dude that kinda sucks! Atleast it wasn't wrecked to bad and just got a few scratches. Like someone else said... chit happens!

SRH
06-04-2004, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by HN400exracer
why where you going that fast?

I kinda did that but i was mudding on our 01 rancher and pulled it in the truck and was flying (dads BRAND NEW truck furst riding trip out) and didnt stop slide right into the back of the cab. Broke the window and dent the **** out of the bed and cab. Needless to say my dad was pissed and he knew i was going to fast.

what??? its because he was going to slow, otherwise his tires would of bounced over his wheel wells instead of stopping and spinning the ramps out...everyone knows that

Martin Blair
06-05-2004, 12:24 AM
I inturpeted it as he wheelied over when he hit the wheel wells which would mean he was going to fast, but maybe that cheap public school system have left me iliterate, and without the ability to spell.

Groomsy
06-05-2004, 01:42 PM
just to clear this up ....i was going slow......
but i don't have to worry about loading it in my truck for a while cause on my way home from town yeserday an rear-ended a van with my truck....did about $1500 worth of damage to my truck and probly another $1200 to the van......i wasn't watchin where i was goin cause i was tryin to get my dog out of my face...but i don't have to go to court and i'm not getting a ticket so its all good:D :D :D :D

TC426EX
06-05-2004, 02:00 PM
Well, plastic gets scratched withing the first 10 minutes anyway so you didnt lose anything there. You just did it 10 minutes earlier than it would have happened. Now go BEAT on that thing!!!!

SRH
06-06-2004, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by HN400exracer
I inturpeted it as he wheelied over when he hit the wheel wells which would mean he was going to fast, but maybe that cheap public school system have left me iliterate, and without the ability to spell.

it sure looks like it:eek2:

you honestly beleived the kid was about to wheelie the quad into his truck right after he bought it and cased the wheel wells with his front tires and spun the ramps out...

JOEX
06-06-2004, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by SRH
it sure looks like it:eek2:

you honestly beleived the kid was about to wheelie the quad into his truck right after he bought it and cased the wheel wells with his front tires and spun the ramps out...
I don't think the wheelie was intentional:rolleyes:

Knobbies, 4-stroke torque and a steep ramp aren't a good combination.

With care it can be done. The occasional time I ride up the ramp onto the trailer, I keep enough speed so that i'm coasting up.

SGA
06-06-2004, 02:36 AM
Always chain/secure the loading ramps. Its just not worth it.

SRH
06-07-2004, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
I don't think the wheelie was intentional:rolleyes:

Knobbies, 4-stroke torque and a steep ramp aren't a good combination.

With care it can be done. The occasional time I ride up the ramp onto the trailer, I keep enough speed so that i'm coasting up.

there was no wheelie:rolleyes: thats what he thought, he just ran into the wheel wells without enough momentum and spun the ramps out..., i never had a prob i usually just point and aim bounce the tires over and stop, if u fall off u fall off, no big deal, does suck when you got it brand new tho lol

JOEX
06-08-2004, 01:22 AM
Yea, bustin' anything new the first time sucks.

I have a Dakota (old style) and the quad fits just between the wells. I still don't like riding it up into the truck nor the trailer, which is a little bit lower.

Last year my friends dad was unloading the quads from his trailer which is about 2 1/2-3' high by himself, not smart. The ramps are the heavy steel ones with large gaps between the rungs. He missed a rung, got run over by the quad and nearly broke his leg.

Days later something worse happened, the damage in his leg hemorraged and became infected, he almost lost his leg. He had to have a Shop Vac type contraption attatched to the wound that was cut out to suck out all the crud. It was touch and go for awhile.

QuadJunkies
06-08-2004, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by SGA
Always chain/secure the loading ramps. Its just not worth it. exactly!! I dont like ramping a quad in a truck, specially if they are a little taller:eek2: If its not on a trailer, I wont do it......:o

Bobbs07
06-08-2004, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by JOEX
Yea, bustin' anything new the first time sucks.

I have a Dakota (old style) and the quad fits just between the wells. I still don't like riding it up into the truck nor the trailer, which is a little bit lower.

Last year my friends dad was unloading the quads from his trailer which is about 2 1/2-3' high by himself, not smart. The ramps are the heavy steel ones with large gaps between the rungs. He missed a rung, got run over by the quad and nearly broke his leg.

Days later something worse happened, the damage in his leg hemorraged and became infected, he almost lost his leg. He had to have a Shop Vac type contraption attatched to the wound that was cut out to suck out all the crud. It was touch and go for awhile.

ahh that is sick as all hell man. I think the only thing that ever happened to me while loading something up was when i took my moms boyfriends snowmobile and he had the traler and ramp ready but it was on a dirt parking lot and there is about 2 inches on the bottom of the ramp and i hit those 2 inches with the carbides and broke a trailing arm if i remember correctly...lol.. that sure stopped me fast:D

Quad18star
06-08-2004, 09:45 AM
My friends Raptor wasn't even a few months old when he lent it out to his " buddy" ..... The guy decided he was gunna try a downhill jump at our local track .... hit the lip ... nose of the Raptor dove and rolled about 5 times end on end . The local Yamaha shop estimated the damage at being $6000 Canadian . Bent subframe , Bent main frame , bent axle , bent steering shaft , bent bars , broken throttle assembly , busted plastics front and rear , tore up the seat , destroyed the front bumper and rear grab bar . I know theres more damage but just cant remember all of it . Notice I said it was his " buddy" . Well this azzzhole never paid a dime to help repair it . Words of advice ..... NEVER lend your quad to anyone .

SGA
06-09-2004, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
exactly!! I dont like ramping a quad in a truck, specially if they are a little taller:eek2: If its not on a trailer, I wont do it......:o

I'll drive up on the roof of the house, as long as the ramps going up are secured:)