PDA

View Full Version : 05 Trx450r

Quadaholic
06-03-2004, 10:17 AM
Just received our dealer update on 2005 atv's and motorcycles. Unfortunately, only one update to the 450R..... Black plastics. Yes, you read it correctly, Honda will offer the red and a new black plastic version of the 450. It looks good, but everyone knows how much wear it shows. Anyhow thought I'd pass on the news.

atvrider12764
06-03-2004, 10:18 AM
alittle late...posted yesterday with pictures

Crayfish
06-03-2004, 11:15 AM
What is new is the news about the plastic being the only update. That sucks, especially when you look at all the updates there motorcycles are getting. The 05 crf450r is practically all new, I mean they changed/updated all kinds of crap on that thing. 05 trx450r = new plaxtics, that is pathetic.

ThumPIN_450R
06-03-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Crayfish
What is new is the news about the plastic being the only update. That sucks, especially when you look at all the updates there motorcycles are getting. The 05 crf450r is practically all new, I mean they changed/updated all kinds of crap on that thing. 05 trx450r = new plaxtics, that is pathetic.

they can't do every thing all at once man bike updates = no quad update next year maybe quad updates = no bike up dates:confused: and it has been a few years since the crf 450 had ay thing done i think not to shure though

Kennethyfz450
06-03-2004, 06:40 PM
i can see it now honda 2005 450r BOLD nEW Graphics!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

tkwarrior
06-03-2004, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Kennethyfz450
i can see it now honda 2005 450r BOLD nEW Graphics!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

:rolleyes:

dreth
06-03-2004, 08:50 PM
if you update the bike or make a lot of changes, that leads buyers to believe that there are problems with the original product. it also leads buyers to think that you could have made the bike better. we all know the bike could have been made better [ not quality better] wider, better suspension, more torque, etc. that my friend is why they make after market products. can you name one true defect in the bike that needs to be fixed? i don't mean sissy stuff like electric start and reverse, i talking about true manufactures defects. i have recked my R about 12 times, a couple of really bad ones and still no breaks, just some bent handle bars. SO IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!!

RIDE HARD, RIDE HONDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ProConcept
06-03-2004, 09:27 PM
Yeah, I personally don't like it if they make a major overhaul to a model I just bought a year before. Im glad to see they didn't make any changes. :D

r450rr
06-04-2004, 12:41 AM
me to i am glad to see that, cause i would be upset if they made a major change when all i would have had to do is wait about 6 months and got a newer better 450r.. i honestly dont think in the years to come they will be any power increase if thats what everyone is expecting.. they may change whatever they have problems with, like the rear linkage, or maybe something that has been wearing out on past models but nothing drastic.

Puff Daddy
06-04-2004, 07:08 AM
take off all or your aftermarket parts you put on it and then put the stock parts back on it.... Give it a good overhaul cleaning and waxing job and put fresh good octane gas and some good castrol, then do a trade in on it at your dealer..............

(Ask and see if they will do it before you go through all of this)

(please post pics of the new 05 trx450r)

Crayfish
06-04-2004, 08:43 AM
Well I can tell you that there was nothing wrong with the 04 crf450r, in fact many people consider it the best production motocross bike ever made to date. they are constantly changing things to keep a head of the pact. We in the quad side of things have gotten used to no changes for years, well I for one am sick of it. I will gladly sell my one year old quad for the new even better model. Hopefully it won't be another 15 years between changes on the trx450r.

And if any of you doubt about the 450 dirt bike at The Prequel race at Glenn Helen raceway, a pro race before the out door national started. There were four Suzukis all factory rides, 2 yamahas againg factory bikes the rest were Honda 450's like 30 of the them. Yes the 04 crf450 is a damm good bike and honda just made it better. The trx = new plastic, just dissapointed thats all.

Punk'd
06-05-2004, 03:42 PM
I say just be happy that there is a 450r.. Its always something more! Be happy people! Honda just came out with this thing not to long ago so sit and wait n see what honda will offer to us:D
There are many things we want done to them but this is why there are aftermarket parts.