PDA

View Full Version : T4 Slip on question

89'350RX
06-03-2004, 05:26 AM
Bought a slightly used T4 slip on for my 400. All I got was the silencer and aluminum rear filler part for the upper bolt. Not sure what is used to seal/clamp the silencer to the header pipe. Do you reuse the OEM muffler clamp or does ProCircuit ship a new gasket/clamp for this connection?

Almost looks like a rubber seal is used over the joint and then a clamp but I am not sure.

Thanks

cals400ex
06-03-2004, 12:35 PM
i would use an exhaust gasket. you can get them from your honda dealer. this is a lead type material that goes inbetween your header and silencer. they come on the bike from the factory.

R3Concepts
06-03-2004, 03:27 PM
PC T-4 uses the stock clamp, but must have the upper aluminum spacer for the top mount to work.

quadkrazy400ex
06-03-2004, 06:10 PM
in the silencer there is a groove where there is supposed to be a high temperature 0 ring that will slip over the head pipe to insure no exhaust leaks. i have the same setup, and i bought my t4 from an ebay auction and it didnt come with the 0 ring.
i called pro circuit and i got a part # for like a yamaha motorcycle o ring so it must use the same 0 ring...but i havent ordered one since i live no where near a yamaha dealer. instead i ordered some exhaust sealant wrap from rocky mountain atv. i hope it will work to stop the ticking comming from the exhaust leak..

by the way you do not use the stock exhaust clamp, if you look on the stock the back is cut out with grooves so when u put the clamp on it it pulls the edges together making it tight.

cals400ex
06-03-2004, 06:16 PM
i was referring to # 8 under the muffler section on this site:

http://www.servicehonda.com/hard%20parts/atv/trx300ex_93_02/trx300ex%20frames%20page.htm

R3Concepts
06-04-2004, 09:14 AM
And by the way, I used to run a T4 slip on and it uses the stock clamp.Why would the grooves in the stock silencer have anything to do with the stock clamp holding the stock head pipe and a T4 slip on together?

cals400ex
06-04-2004, 09:56 AM
i would have thought that either the pipe would come with a clamp or it wouldn't use one...

quadkrazy400ex
06-04-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by R3Concepts426ex
And by the way, I used to run a T4 slip on and it uses the stock clamp.Why would the grooves in the stock silencer have anything to do with the stock clamp holding the stock head pipe and a T4 slip on together?

ok your not getting what im saying....on the stock silencer at the back(where the silencer goes over the headpipe) there are 3 CUT grooves where when u put on a clamp, it would squish those cuts together and hold tightly to the headpipe...

on a pro circuit t4 exhaust there are NO cuts like on the stock pipe. so using a clamp will do absolutely nothing, there is supposed to be a high temp o ring to keep it tight to eachother and prevent leaks

hope this clears up things
and by the way i have a procircuit t4 complete system...

R3Concepts
06-04-2004, 06:13 PM
I do get what your saying, but you didnt get what I was saying. But anyway, have fun with the T4.

06-04-2004, 06:54 PM
are t-4's good pipes?

R3Concepts
06-06-2004, 01:08 AM
Ok, the full system T4 DOES use the stock clamp. My friend has one and he used the stock clamp, if the silencer did not have the lip it has near the end, towards the mid-section, then it would not use a clamp i.e. Sparks X6. But the T4 does use the stock clamp.

atvracr350
06-06-2004, 03:09 PM
I have a T4 full system and it does use the stock clamp and if you do not, the pipe will have a pinging sound come from it while you ride which gives it a very annoying sound. The stock clamp DOES work.