PDA

View Full Version : Best Shock for the price!

kegger56
06-03-2004, 12:00 AM
OK I know the shock thing has been talked about to death, but I am still a bit confused. I'm looking for a noticable shock upgrade from stock for a 400EX at an affordable price. I ride mostly sand at a very moderate level. Would I be dissapointed with works?

bradley300
06-03-2004, 12:41 AM
FOR THE PRICE, elka's are the best shock on the market, no you wil not be dissapointed w/ works, they are 100 times better than stock, but elka is another 100 percent on top of that. if you have ridden a few aftermarket set up w/ elka, pep, axis or even tcs and ohlins shocks, then yes, you will be dissapointed w/ the works, if your used to stock shocks, you will love the works

kegger56
06-03-2004, 01:06 AM
As always I suppose it's a "you get what you pay for" type deal! I just want to make sure that for my riding style (fairly conservative as compared to most) the difference in price is noticable. Thanks for all those who reply:D

hondarider2006
06-03-2004, 01:11 AM
I ordered some Elka tripple rate adj. remote resivor for around $900 shipped today brand new from elka(fronts only) and they were very nice people to deal with. If you are getting shocks, I would recommend Elka:cool:

beak7707
06-03-2004, 08:35 PM
For the money ELKA. There are better shocks out there but you pay a whole lot more.

Woodsrider
06-03-2004, 09:32 PM
I was in the same boat, and was going to buy new works ATsteelers. But I caught a sweet deal on a set of used elkas in great shape for a little more. You will be plenty happy with the works.
I havent even ridden on my Elkas yet:(

JOEX
06-03-2004, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Woodsrider
I was in the same boat, and was going to buy new works ATsteelers. But I caught a sweet deal on a set of used elkas in great shape for a little more. You will be plenty happy with the works.
I havent even ridden on my Elkas yet:(
You haven't rode with them yet!?!:eek2: I bet you're jonesin:p

I was in the same situation too, planned on buying Works but came across some used PEP's. I'd still like to try Works and Elka though.

muff
06-04-2004, 07:20 AM
cant go wrong with.....:cool:

Woodsrider
06-04-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
You haven't rode with them yet!?!:eek2: I bet you're jonesin:p

I was in the same situation too, planned on buying Works but came across some used PEP's. I'd still like to try Works and Elka though.

Well next time we ride together, Ill let you ride my POS so you can see what your missing:devil: LOL

But yah Im jones'n, and I have to work tomorrow. The forcast is for rain on Sunday so I may not get a chance to ride depending on how hard it rains. If its a down pour I wont ride. But next weekend, thats a three day weekend for me. I'll ride for sure Tahuya, here I come:macho

Jingle #11
06-04-2004, 08:11 PM
i was in the same boat as the other two and i came across a set of tcs for a great price so i bought them and they are great. But for the money if your not racing just get a set of works.

quadmx7
06-04-2004, 09:30 PM
my cosuin had his 440 all torn down and wasnt going to be put back together for a few months so he let me borrow his works triple rates and they were a nice improvemnt over stock, then i road my friends works triple rate with rezies and +2 a-arms and it was even better, then i bought a set of tcs triple rates and love them. elka is a sweet shock but tcs at $700 u wont be disipointed. just my 2 cents

Jingle #11
06-04-2004, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by quadmx7
my cosuin had his 440 all torn down and wasnt going to be put back together for a few months so he let me borrow his works triple rates and they were a nice improvemnt over stock, then i road my friends works triple rate with rezies and +2 a-arms and it was even better, then i bought a set of tcs triple rates and love them. elka is a sweet shock but tcs at $700 u wont be disipointed. just my 2 cents

word. u really cant beat tcs.

Florida400EX
06-05-2004, 11:25 AM
Elka Econo's are the best. The go for like $500 on ebay, which is the same as works with rezzies. I'd go with the elka econo's.

cdalejef
06-05-2004, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by beak7707
For the money ELKA. There are better shocks out there but you pay a whole lot more. It depends on what your comparing them too. The Elka Elites are Elka's best shock and are priced the same as Axis and PEP top of the line shocks but you get more features and better quality with the Elka's.